My New Idea Game Conditions - Influence or Supremacy victory conditions
Right know there are no victory conditions, but sure there will be one obtainable by the rules of total domination, which means smashing enemies to bits. However I noticed many players are capable of making so many great designs for their dungeons that I thought it would be such a waste if someone would destroy it... I mean, I'm evil, that's even better someone's hard work would be destroyed, right?  Dodgy

So what if you prefer expanding your Influence, making your dungeons full of glory and fame, rather than arousing fear in enemies hearts?
What if you actually choose to have a military Supremacy over everyone in the region to show you cannot be underestimated?

So what do you think about to add an additional victory condition that is related to those two factors?

To win a game with Influence or Supremacy victory condition one need to have at least 80% (?) of any of these factors.

You can increase your Influence factor by:
- expanding and claiming more territories and special locations and objects;
- building influence boosting objects;
- expanding production chain for well-being use;
- getting better relations with other sub-factions;
- keeping creatures happy to the maximum of well-being;
- uncovering some hidden bonuses for building different objects in certain configurations like: statues on 5-tile high walls; water or lava around DM, beautiful waterfalls etc;

Increasing Influence give you also:,
- better relations with other factions means: cheaper items and services from them, additional allies, etc;
- decreases Evil Meter points;
- better morale for creatures working in rooms;
- more and better trade options for economy;
- if you are close to 80% your enemies and allies will start to wear T-shirts with your emblem... just kidding. :v

You can increase Supremacy factor by:
- conquering more territories, destroying special locations and objects and enslaving other factions,
- building supremacy boosting objects;
- expanding production chain for military use,
- getting better relations with other sub-factions,
- equipping creatures with better weapons and armours;
- more and better trade options.

Increasing Supremacy give you also:
- other factions fears you, that means: you can make instant demands, but that makes other sub-factions more hostile to you;
- increases Evil Meter points;
- better morale for creatures during fight;
- more and better trade options for weapons and armour;
- if you are close to 80% your enemies and slaves will start to worship you... again, just kidding. :v
I like this, I know right now that the game has say only one faction that being the overworld, But saying that What if say every portal led to a new overworld that makes you uncover and over run ?.

Those then could be used for the factions, And if you attack too many portals IE the factions then you will start to make everyone unhappy and the more enemy's will turn up to over run your dungeon ?.

But im also wondering if those factions you take over earlier have to help you because you have become there overlord ?

I think the influence could also be done by taking down portals ?....

Sounds like fun Smile and would make the game last a heck of a lot longer Smile
(07-12-2017, 12:48 AM)lemonrev Wrote: I like this, I know right now that the game has say only one faction that being the overworld, But saying that What if say every portal led to a new overworld that makes you uncover and over run ?.

A new overworld, you mean an additional map or instance? I know Dungeons 2 have some locations that are available only from entrances placed in surface world that leads to hidden dungeon locations and that are not showing on normal game map like they were located behind map boundaries. Still that could be quite surprising, you think with portal you've just found you can go closer to enemy dungeon, but it appears this portal leads to a one big catacomb on scary monsters. Big Grin

(07-12-2017, 12:48 AM)lemonrev Wrote: Those then could be used for the factions, And if you attack too many portals IE the factions then you will start to make everyone unhappy and the more enemy's will turn up to over run your dungeon ?.

I think the influence could also be done by taking down portals ?...

Claiming portals could also give some influence, good idea. Also if it comes to dealing with factions in their special locations supremacy players could get benefit from that because they could conquer them without feeling any remorse, influence players would lose that influence a little unless they make good relations with those factions, so their influence may even increase I think.

(07-12-2017, 12:48 AM)lemonrev Wrote: But im also wondering if those factions you take over earlier have to help you because you have become there overlord ?

I wonder if there will be any factions in the game besides Dark Mother minions and humans, it depends on team, but I imagine factions as small groups of different creatures or humans that are neutral to conflict of Dark Mother players and human kingdom or against them both, they just do businesses or organize to fight with their enemies, even if that means joining the player to fight for both causes. Maybe also later in campaign, if you conquer or ally some factions they could serve you in later levels even from the beginning of level?
(07-12-2017, 10:48 AM)Sebt Wrote:
(07-12-2017, 12:48 AM)lemonrev Wrote: I like this, I know right now that the game has say only one faction that being the overworld, But saying that What if say every portal led to a new overworld that makes you uncover and over run ?.

A new overworld, you mean an additional map or instance? I know Dungeons 2 have some locations that are available only from entrances placed in surface world that leads to hidden dungeon locations and that are not showing on normal game map like they were located behind map boundaries. Still that could be quite surprising, you think with portal you've just found you can go closer to enemy dungeon, but it appears this portal leads to a one big catacomb on scary monsters. Big Grin

##An additional map mayhap where you would have to take over that map to gain or become overlord of that map with its own mobs ?

I am Unsure what you mean by Instance.

I did not know about DK and the secret portals, However i like either one, I mean if you really wanted to say maybe even in the overworld you could find different type of portals that would lead to catacombs and other bits ?.

(07-12-2017, 12:48 AM)lemonrev Wrote: Those then could be used for the factions, And if you attack too many portals IE the factions then you will start to make everyone unhappy and the more enemy's will turn up to over run your dungeon ?.

I think the influence could also be done by taking down portals ?...

Claiming portals could also give some influence, good idea. Also if it comes to dealing with factions in their special locations supremacy players could get benefit from that because they could conquer them without feeling any remorse, influence players would lose that influence a little unless they make good relations with those factions, so their influence may even increase I think.

well right now it could be trade like you are doing with portals that could earn you influence ?, The game could turn into a 4x lol DK game... I like the idea of loosing the influence with portals and any enemy that it holds, but it could also be that if enemy becomes unhappy with you then they would take to take back the portal making the game a much harder one to win ?

(07-12-2017, 12:48 AM)lemonrev Wrote: But im also wondering if those factions you take over earlier have to help you because you have become there overlord ?

I wonder if there will be any factions in the game besides Dark Mother minions and humans, it depends on team, but I imagine factions as small groups of different creatures or humans that are neutral to conflict of Dark Mother players and human kingdom or against them both, they just do businesses or organize to fight with their enemies, even if that means joining the player to fight for both causes. Maybe also later in campaign, if you conquer or ally some factions they could serve you in later levels even from the beginning of level?

I would certainly like to more mobs in game and i think it would also have to come down to rasmus wanting to finnish up this game then maybe doing a DLC for it to allow us to play this type of game we are both talking about ?.

Love the ideas regardless Tongue
Yea, definitely for DLC it that would take too much resources to implement that into the vanilla version.
Spec: Win 10, ATI 7800 HD, res: 1280x1024x75. I support The Venus Project & Resource-Based Economy