Not solved yet 0.11.17 - Selecting uncovered multileveled terrain tiles cause "overselection"
So the old bug came back with slightly different form.

How to reproduce it?
Start the map on seed number 31322 than simply do a 6x6 tile selection starting from south-west corner of DM and simply select tiles going to the north-east. You'll finally get to the point where selection encompasses much larger amount of tiles like on the picture below:

[Image: 2n1rzic.jpg]

[Image: 2ls112.jpg]
Spec: Win 10, ATI 7800 HD, res: 1280x1024x75. I support The Venus Project & Resource-Based Economy
Interesting Smile Added to the list of Bugs/Issues & Crashes!
I'm not able to reproduce this, are you using screen edge scrolling or the keyboard to scroll the map?
Screen edge scrolling with mouse, you just need to find multi levelled terrain to get this effect, so you'll get more tiles selected of the same level than it should be selected. Usually it selects more than it should when you do selection to the corner of the actual map view position, no edge scrolling.
Spec: Win 10, ATI 7800 HD, res: 1280x1024x75. I support The Venus Project & Resource-Based Economy
Found it. But I won't fix it with the next version because it is a complicated issue where I need to take into consideration about what dimension the player want to select in. In your case it is easy because it is such a large area, but when selecting smaller areas it get a little bit more tricky.
I want to get this version out today because it is a hot fix version so this bug have to wait until the next version.
Perhaps a way to solve this would be that each layer has a thin layer above it that is locked into the fog of war. This thin layer would be directly connected to the tile below it so that when it's selected, the dig function would be triggered on the tile directly underneath it when that tile can be pathed to, or would disappear if no tile was below it once the fog was cleared. This way there would be no way to see the terrain outline when you select an area to dig in the fog that is multiple layers, or that there was permanent rock there until the fog is lifted.