Feedback/Modification Creature Mechanic - Increase number of items of the same type in bag
I think increasing a bag capacity for the same type of item (or at least for rock to build more Rock Walls in shorter time) from 1 to 4-5 maybe could increase shaping terrain speed much better. It could also help increase speed of building bridges, statues, loading resource onto loading docks etc.

That may also require a worker to count how much will it need to take specific items from storage to construct things that need to be constructed, but thanks to this an Imp could take for example a 2 pieces of Rocks and 3 of Wood to build two Rock Walls and than something that requires Wood.
Spec: Win 10, ATI 7800 HD, res: 1280x1024x75. I support The Venus Project & Resource-Based Economy
But rock walls don't need rocks to be built as far as I know... I removed that and added that built rock walls don't drop rocks.
True, my mistake, I re-edited my post.

Would it be possible for Imps to take more than 1 item, at least of the same type to build anything or to load trade room carts? Loading 600 rocks to trade if for gold takes forever. Wink
Spec: Win 10, ATI 7800 HD, res: 1280x1024x75. I support The Venus Project & Resource-Based Economy
I think this thread could easily be turned into 'Would it be possible for Imps to..."

Imps really need some work. having tipple digits of population while 1/3 of them are idle to me makes me think that Imps aren't being used efficiently. Case in point, I'm building a wooden bridge, there's wood 3 tiles away, Imp runs all the way back to nearest storage facility to get wood, but it takes more than one Imp to bring materials (to Sebt's point). Or, Imp runs across map to fill in 2 tiles of rock in a pit 10x10x10, runs back across map, new Imp fills 2 more, runs across map, wash, rinse, repeat.

Imptelligence {1 & 2}

Can I get it coined up in here?  Big Grin
(09-02-2018, 02:13 AM)Mello Tonin Wrote: I think this thread could easily be turned into 'Would it be possible for Imps to..."

Imps really need some work. having tipple digits of population while 1/3 of them are idle to me makes me think that Imps aren't being used efficiently. Case in point, I'm building a wooden bridge, there's wood 3 tiles away, Imp runs all the way back to nearest storage facility to get wood, but it takes more than one Imp to bring materials (to Sebt's point). Or, Imp runs across map to fill in 2 tiles of rock in a pit 10x10x10, runs back across map, new Imp fills 2 more, runs across map, wash, rinse, repeat.

Imptelligence {1 & 2}

Can I get it coined up in here?  Big Grin

These were old but gold topics there (BTW, Imptelligence could be a really great name for Imp-related achievement, don't you think?). Smile

There is a quite a big difference between Imptelligence in Dwelvers and in Dungeon Keeper. In Dungeon Keeper an Imp is assigned to the nearest job, it's like game is not a making a queue of task, but a list of tasks that are not being made in order, but instead are done by the closest worker available, so this way you could have Imps digging a very very long tunnel at once, even if you selected tiles line by line (which happens very often if you have to scroll the map). In Dwelvers digging such tunnel in single turn is possible only if there are no more tasks than this. Actually if we don't have Rogues or Orcs with digging ability than game would be a pain to play if it comes to digging, sorry, must said that. :v

But I understand why is that happening - in DK each time you dig a rock tile it doesn't spawn a 1x Rock, in Dwelvers digging rock tiles spawns a 1x Rock, so it's like digging gold in DK - when Imp collects enough gold from gold vein it goes to Treasury storage room, unless Treasury have no more room for gold than they leave gold on the floor and keep digging - I wonder if that could be applied to Imps in normal manner - they could first dig tiles, than collect dug out items? BTW, it seems collecting items is the most frequent job that Imps are doing when you do quite a huge excavation and often it completely halts the possibility to expand more or do any other task like to build a Room.
(09-02-2018, 12:30 PM)Sebt Wrote: ...
I wonder if that could be applied to Imps in normal manner - they could first dig tiles, than collect dug out items? BTW, it seems collecting items is the most frequent job that Imps are doing when you do quite a huge excavation and often it completely halts the possibility to expand more or do any other task like to build a Room.

Well either way it creates a production issue when you have a really large area dug out. Remember when that's what they did and items where left on the floor? There was a huge performance drain, and you still had to wait on Imps to collect everything so production could be encumbered that way too.
Oh, right... so IMO what left is to make taking more than 1 item of the same type at once possible by Imp. An Imp ATM can now take all items from a tile, but one per type. If we could increase not maximum bag capacity, but number of item of the same type to i.e. 5 than building a stone bridge will only take for an Imp 2 instead of 10 turns to built the stone bridge.

EDIT: It seems since 0.12 version Imps are taking more than one item of the same type (however often there is more than 1 Imp assigned to deliver the resource on construction site), just noticed that in campaign mode, so we can say, there's nothing more to discuss there, thanks Rasmus. Big Grin
I'm almost thinking about making this suggestion a bug, becasue it is weird that the imps don't transport 2+ items in some scenarios when they do in others.
(11-02-2018, 08:42 PM)Rasmus Wrote: I'm almost thinking about making this suggestion a bug, becasue it is weird that the imps don't transport 2+ items in some scenarios when they do in others.

Hmm, maybe because game is assigning sometimes more than 1 Imp to do the same job (at least to construct something)?

I noticed that during my game of campaign lvl 1 when I placed an Imp bed blueprint in Bed Room, two Imps were assigned to store items on construction site. The 1st Imp took some resources from DM and placed at construction site, than the 2nd Imp took the rest needed resources to build the bed form DM, placed them at construction site and constructed the bed.

Also Imps are still loading trade carts with 1 by 1 item, instead of loading more than 1 at once. Because of that I have many items stockpiled on the floor awaiting for loading them into carts.