Localization Translation
Dwelvers Translation
Last English revision pushed onto GitHub: 2018-03-08

So we decided to create a thread here so that we can keep the localization organized. Very soon I will release a new version of Dwelvers and with this release I would like to get the localization started, why I wanted to wait with the localization until the release is because a lot of new text have been added that can't be seen in older versions of the game.

The languages that people has offered their help in translation and proofreading are the following

Arabic
  • Alaa
Brazilian Portuguese
  • redharo
Danish

English (US) Proofreading
  • Mello Tonin
French

Dutch

Italian

Japanese

Chinese

Polish
  • Sebt
Russia
  • Minamikaze
Spanish
  • Asenath (Latam Spanish)
Swedish
  • Rasmus
Turkish

German
  • Michal
  • Leandros
Ukrainian

Romanian
  • FriendlyTranslator

So to keep things smooth I've sent a request to all of you that has offered to help with the translation to register here at the forum and I will add your name to the list. As we have many translators for each language we thought it would be best to organize it so that some of you translates and some of you proofreads.

So please register here at the forum and post your interest here below and we will get started with the translation as soon as possible.

Thank you all for helping us with the development of Dwelvers!

How to translate
The latest translation instructions can be found here.

Keep it organized
Another thing, please contact me personally by sending me a pm here on Dwelvers forum or on Steam before you start translating, this is just so that we don't have several people translating into the same language. When more people are interested in translating into the same language I would prefer if they could split up the translation, or that one translates and another one proofreads.

I will try to be as active as possible here on the forums and answer when you have question, but if I don't answer you directly please be patience, I will get back to you as soon as I see your message.

Update log
2018-03-08
  • New English revision pushed!
  • Removed '%' units
  • Removed all key translations (replaced them with hardcoded arrow characters etc.)
  • Removed duplicated credits.
  • Revised the crafting room description.
2018-03-07
  • New English revision pushed!
  • Added some translations that previously was hard coded into the game.
  • A credits menu has been added in the game and new translations with it.
  • Removed most of the keyboard translations.
  • New translation instructions added.
2018-02-20
  • I've changed the folder structure in the git repo so that it matches the game folder structure.
  • Also added a "rev" (revision) attribute to some of the translations which will make the language editor inform you if a english translation has been changed. For example "Creative Game" is now translated "Peaceful Game".
Mello's got English (US), I say in 3rd person and first all at once
Thank you Mello Smile
Sure thing, at the moment there is a mix of what I would call UK and US English. Words like cookery, we don't really use that here although it's pretty clear from context.
Hi! As I said on the Steam forum I can help translating or proofreading with Latam Spanish.
(btw, I'm Glasses-senpai on Steam)
Hi Asenath!

Welcome to the forum and thank you so much Smile
Yes, I will help with Polish-ing the game. Tongue

Rasmus, have you considered to translate Dwelvers into... Swedish? :v
EDIT: It seems Rasmus edited OP and answered this question. :v
Spec: Win 10, ATI 7800 HD, res: 1280x1024x75. I support The Venus Project & Resource-Based Economy
Yeah, sorry I didn't reply. So much in my head right now Tongue I've also added our newest member Minamikaze to Russian translation. Thank you Minamikaze Smile
Also added Michal as a german translator. My idea here is that perhaps Michal could first translate it into German and perhaps Leandros proofreading it. I will contact them both on Steam.

I'm mostly writing it here so that you all get the idea of how I organize it.
Hello! As I said on steam, I would like to help with translating and or proofreading to Brazilian Portuguese.
Confirming my participation mentioned on Steam forums. Already downloaded an xml file and looking into it Smile
Thank you both of you Smile You are added to the list!
An updated English.xml is attached. Spelling and grammar corrections, and a couple of dialog modifications have been made as well as standardizing uppercase letters in names and headlines.

Attached Files
.xml   English.xml (Size: 102,96 KB / Downloads: 6)
(11-02-2018, 01:25 AM)Mello Tonin Wrote: An updated English.xml is attached. Spelling and grammar corrections, and a couple of dialog modifications have been made as well as standardizing uppercase letters in names and headlines.

Great Mello, thanks. That means we can all finally start translating the game. Smile
I'm the only one on the list who will translate to Polish, so I guess I don't need to inform Rasmus about that? My translation to Polish will start at 13 Feb at the earliest.

BTW: For those who want to add a new localization in your language .xml file write something in line extension="" for example for Polish language I used "ISO 3166-1 alpha-2" coding, so in Polish.xml I wrote extension="PL". Extension only should stay empty in English.xml (extension="", which makes it 'default' language). Only then Dwelvers launcher will start without error of no extension.

Rasmus I have question about "DwelversLanguageEditor.exe". When I download it and pasted to ../Media/Localization folder it shows an error that it cannot found ../Localization/Localization/English.xml like it was looking for another Localization folder there, than after program opened I got:

Code:
INFO: Loading English localization!
INFO: English added!
ERROR[1]: No languages found!

Indeed there are no languages to choose from the list

EDIT: So I've made Polish folder and Polish.xml in ../Media/Localization/Polish, started "DwelversLanguageEditor.exe" and got the same error + it cannot found ../Localization/Localization/Polish.xml - again Localization folder got doubled:

Code:
INFO: Loading English localization!
INFO: English added!
INFO: Loading Polish localization!
INFO: Polish added!

This time Polish language can be seen on the language list, but English is still not listed there. I know English is set to default language, but could it at least be seen on list as "English (default)"? ^^
Spec: Win 10, ATI 7800 HD, res: 1280x1024x75. I support The Venus Project & Resource-Based Economy
(11-02-2018, 01:25 AM)Mello Tonin Wrote: An updated English.xml is attached. Spelling and grammar corrections, and a couple of dialog modifications have been made as well as standardizing uppercase letters in names and headlines.

Awesome Mello! I've added your changes to the git repo!

(11-02-2018, 11:15 AM)Sebt Wrote: Rasmus I have question about "DwelversLanguageEditor.exe". When I download it and pasted to ../Media/Localization folder it shows an error that it cannot found ../Localization/Localization/English.xml like it was looking for another Localization folder there, than after program opened I got:

The DwelversLanguageEditor.exe should be run in place, and Polish should added in the Localizations.xml and be added into the "Localizations" folder in the git repo. Then run DwelversLanguageEditor.exe. The reason for this is that I want to avoid recomending people to translate the game directly from the Dwelvers game directory as it can be overwritten with updates.