Editor Short instruction how to play a map made in editor v.12.0.0
This is how Mello Tonin and me figured out how to play the map made in editor. It's not enough just to make a map, launch the game and play it - it won't work. There are few steps needed to make it possible.

1. Copy saved map .dat file into game directory

Every map is being saved as .dat file in C:\Users\<your username>\AppData\Roaming\Dwelvers\editorMaps

Copy it from that location and paste it into C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Dwelvers\Media\Maps\Maps

2. Create the .xml file and edit it

In the same folder create a new file with .xml extension. It's recommended to name it like your map. For example if you saved your map as "level1" than you should have made a "level1.dat" and "level1.xml"

Open your .xml file with notepad or similar and copy & paste code below into .xml file and save it:

Code:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<map_script>
</map_script>

3. Edit maps.xml and play

Go into C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Dwelvers\Media\Maps and open maps.xml file and than write a code between <maps> and </maps> that contains name of your map files - for example if you named your map as "level1" than it should be writen and than saved like that:

Code:
<maps>
 <campaign title="Level 1" fileName="level1.dat" xmlFile="level1.xml"/>
</maps>

Try to not mess with other codes put there, otherwise you won't be able to launch the game.
Spec: Win 10, ATI 7800 HD, res: 1280x1024x75. I support The Venus Project & Resource-Based Economy
Nice! Thank you Sebt Big Grin I will make it easier in the future but until then this is really good!
Good to hear. I tried to add my new map in maps.xml with "map name" instead of "campaign title", but than game couldn't start, there was once missing map description etc. It's possible that "map name" needs every code like for Sanbox Mode.
Spec: Win 10, ATI 7800 HD, res: 1280x1024x75. I support The Venus Project & Resource-Based Economy