Nick:  
Pass:     
Help Register

Zelda Classic - NES Zelda Reboot.
ShadowTiger Offline
2 Horsepower

Zelda Classic - NES Zelda Reboot.
Every once in a while, you happen to stumble across something that's pretty impressive, easy to use, and best of all, free. (Ain't that somethin'.)

Way back in 2000, I happened across Zelda Classic. Someone took the original NES Legend of Zelda, duplicated the code on his own on the PC, and made an editor for it. Development didn't stop there, though. They added some basic sidescrolling elements, Scripting Power, (No really, some incredible stuff with scripting), and a heck of a lot of creativity.

It's really one of the easiest map editors to use that I've ever seen, really. It lets you draw your graphics right there in the program, set up a "combo" with unique attributes that defines your world, layer them easily, set up rooms, and just about anything you can imagine. I have no idea how it's sucked me in for the past thirteen years, but eh. It really is the easiest way to unleash your creativity I've seen in ages.

... and it's free. o.o
"Go, go, Potato!" ~Mello Tonin
27-07-2013 10:06 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Rasmus Offline
Main developer of Dwelvers
Dwelvers Developers

Re: Zelda Classic - NES Zelda Reboot.
That's cool! I used to love Zelda. Even now and then I play the old 8 bit version just because it is so much fun Tongue
28-07-2013 07:47 PM
ShadowTiger Offline
2 Horsepower

Re: Zelda Classic - NES Zelda Reboot.
It really is. It gets even more fun when you try the randomized version. Someone had the guts to script it so every item in the game is randomized. Dungeons, enemies, and items' locations are all random. It's a surprising amount of fun. No two games are alike.
"Go, go, Potato!" ~Mello Tonin
28-07-2013 07:59 PM
Club Sandbox Offline
Belgian Game Vlogger

RE: Zelda Classic - NES Zelda Reboot.
Amazing site web !
Pin done Smile

I like A-RPG game like this, stay tuned if you do i ve a surprise for all Zelda like lover in few days.
~ French Fan site Community, manager.
[Image: 195677userbarfactoriofofoxav.png]
~ Looking for Sandbox games ? look my Blog or youtube (Eng sub soon)
[Image: 176032userbarclubsandboxxavfofo.png]
21-05-2014 11:06 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply