Pass:     
Help Register

Sebt has entered your dungeon
Sebt Offline
The Evil Admin
Evil Admins

Sebt has entered your dungeon
Hello! Wink

I'm Sebt. I came to this portal from the country of good beer, wodka, meat, Bigos and Pierogi Big Grin
By digging up some corridors, bursting through underground lakes, caves and dead animal corpses (no oil there unfortunately) I was diggin and diggin until I heard "You have tunneled into a new area!" and here I'am. After some time I joined to Dwelvers team as forum administrator and I'm helping with some organization and public relations things.

I'm a big fan of Dungeon Keeper series. I've searched very long time for something similar to DK series, but what I found was Impire (not bad), Dungeons (bleeh), Overlord (quite fun), Dungeon Overlord (FB game), DK Online (why ea why?), but after 2010 I heard about War For The Overworld that is still developing (and looks very promising, people says it's a real Dungeon Keeper 3), than in 2013 about Dungeon Keeper for Android... and still I can't believe what they have done to such evil game. But few months earlier I found Dwelvers (formerly known as Dwelvers). At last something really worth real DK, Minecraft and stuff fan attention. Smile

For the first time, when I've met DD it was last few days before IndieGoGo campaign... That was sad that wasn't successful, but Rasmus gain some new followers, ideas, motivation to continue Dwelvers development. I hope now with united forces of Rasmus' Dwelvers development team, they will create something amazing. It is amazing now, but would be even more, I feel that. Big Grin

I'm also Dungeon Keeper site one of moderator (DK.boo.pl) and The Venus Project supporter - it's a project about real vision of better life (in reality)... more on TheVenusProject.com

I would like to create a mod/game in the future where we would like finally take a role as an evil Master in A World Of Heroes, where forest and birds... well... are just annoying. Tongue
I know HTML, PHP, SQL, CSS, JavaScript and now is the time for C+, but maybe someone of You would give some advice about the last one if it comes to game making? :-P

I hope I would bring some fresh and help in creating Dwelvers and could describe more about this game in our new portal.

Pozdrawiam! (Cheers!)
SEBT
I support The Venus Project & Resource-Based Economy - The feasible plan to get rid of scarcity, poverty, and other incoming global issues.
(This post was last modified: 10-02-2016 07:42 PM by Sebt.)
01-09-2013 07:08 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Rasmus Offline
Main developer of Dwelvers
Dwelvers Developers

Re: Sebt has entered to Your dungeon
Hi Sept, welcome to the forum Smile
I'm glad that you managed to find your way here though all the caves and underground lakes, it isn't easy digging and finding the way with all that black fog making you only see 2 tiles ahead Tongue
Yeah, we have had some discussions at the WFTO forum and I really value your input, it is fun having someone around that have been though the whole process, the graphics have changes so many times since I started on DD, maybe I will do a clipshow later showing the states of DD after each month of development.

If you are interested in learning c++ and have any questions you can just ask away, I wouldn't call myself an expert in it (even if I have about 8 years of experience) because mostly I'm self-taught, and with that comes some nasty habits Tongue
02-09-2013 01:17 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Sebt Offline
The Evil Admin
Evil Admins

Rasmus Wrote:Hi Sept, welcome to the forum Smile
I'm glad that you managed to find your way here though all the caves and underground lakes, it isn't easy digging and finding the way with all that black fog making you only see 2 tiles ahead Tongue
Yeah, we have had some discussions at the WFTO forum and I really value your input, it is fun having someone around that have been though the whole process, the graphics have changes so many times since I started on DD, maybe I will do a clipshow later showing the states of DD after each month of development.

If you are interested in learning c++ and have any questions you can just ask away, I wouldn't call myself an expert in it (even if I have about 8 years of experience) because mostly I'm self-taught, and with that comes some nasty habits Tongue
Haha, You still calling me Sept not Sebt, but OK I can be Sept like September, but maybe sept means something in Your language I don't know. Big Grin
I'm self-taught too, but it is the best IMO way to learn anything, cause it's like discovering new areas. Sure if I would have something to ask You I will do it, thanks. Smile
If it comes to clipshow - good idea Big Grin
I support The Venus Project & Resource-Based Economy - The feasible plan to get rid of scarcity, poverty, and other incoming global issues.
02-09-2013 08:17 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Rasmus Offline
Dwelvers Developers

Haha, I'm soo sorry Smile I know that you are Sebt, it is just that I don't think about it when I write it, and probably it has something to do with me being used to writing the month Sept so my fingers go in its own direction Tongue
Yeah, being self taught can also have its downsides. Especially if you are doing c++ and don't use the libraries properly, I managed to avoid the LinkedLists until three years ago, and then it was a ahhhh moment Tongue I taught myself c++ mainly from the Direct3D samples in DxSDK, and they don't use classes. So if you look at my YouTube channel on the game DMT2, you should know that I only used one class when creating that game Tongue I had no idea what object oriented programming was, I just went my own way with the little knowledge that I had..
02-09-2013 09:42 AM
Sebt Offline
The Evil Admin
Evil Admins

Rasmus Wrote:I taught myself c++ mainly from the Direct3D samples in DxSDK, and they don't use classes. So if you look at my YouTube channel on the game DMT2, you should know that I only used one class when creating that game Tongue I had no idea what object oriented programming was, I just went my own way with the little knowledge that I had..
I saw everything on Your channel. Tongue
When it comes to mark languages I learn it from sites where I want to borrow some solutions for my website. There are many codes and interesting solutions. If I haven't found what I'm looking for than I'm searchng for solution similar to previous website's solution in the net. Thanks to jQuery and CSS3 it is everything so easy now.

Direct3D You said. Will see, maybe I would go the same way. Big Grin
02-09-2013 01:28 PM
Mello Tonin Offline
Guru O' Mello

Welcome to the group Sebt. Have to agree with you on the DK clones out there on all points while struggling not to start an EA bashing session. It seems that's just far too easy.

Love the Venus Project too! I've always been into technology from the time I took apart and fixed our family's VCR at 6 years old. Like everything it can be abused, but there really is no reason why we can't make it useful for fixing all the problems we have today.
02-09-2013 05:15 PM
Rasmus Offline
Dwelvers Developers

You know, I've been thinking.. There are many DK clones out there but not many that are very similar to DK (except for WFTO maybe, but I think it will also go in its own direction towards the end). I believe that even if the developers have their mind set on creating a DK clone, the game style offers so many possibilities that differs from DK and that are impossible to resist. So I think that is the reason why so many DK fans get their hopes up on a worth successor, but in the end the game always get its own unique game-play that wasn't expected from the start.
02-09-2013 05:45 PM
Sebt Offline
The Evil Admin
Evil Admins

Devious Dan Wrote:Welcome to the group Sebt. Have to agree with you on the DK clones out there on all points while struggling not to start an EA bashing session. It seems that's just far too easy.

Love the Venus Project too! I've always been into technology from the time I took apart and fixed our family's VCR at 6 years old. Like everything it can be abused, but there really is no reason why we can't make it useful for fixing all the problems we have today.

Wow, nice to hear about that. I hope I could tell about it more at my University. I'm also interested in renewables, so well connected topics.
I agree that there is no reason, only people that have banks and oil and that earn for weaponry, but if no one would buy it we will win!
I like also project Thrive the Movement - it's very interesting, especially free zero-point-energy production, but there are still money here.

Rasmus Wrote:You know, I've been thinking.. There are many DK clones out there but not many that are very similar to DK (except for WFTO maybe, but I think it will also go in its own direction towards the end). I believe that even if the developers have their mind set on creating a DK clone, the game style offers so many possibilities that differs from DK and that are impossible to resist. So I think that is the reason why so many DK fans get their hopes up on a worth successor, but in the end the game always get its own unique game-play that wasn't expected from the start.

That's right. Overlord has only minions and underground places, that could reminds us minions as our servants from DK series. Dungeons has many mechanisms similar to DK, but it just... You know. Smile
If it comes to unique gameplay I hope found it in Dwelvers, atm it has, like WFTO has, but not as much. Tongue
02-09-2013 06:34 PM
Mello Tonin Offline
Guru O' Mello

Sebt Wrote:I like also project Thrive the Movement - it's very interesting, especially free zero-point-energy production, but there are still money here.
Haven't looked at that, I'll have to check it out. Zero Point Energy is a nice concept, but unfortunately I don't see this ever getting much research & development in the corporate world. If it ever became usefull in a practicle application instead of just fun with magnets, I'm affraid it would destroy the world's energy markets if it lives up to the theories.
Sebt Wrote:That's right. Overlord has only minions and underground places, that could reminds us minions as our servants from DK series. Dungeons has many mechanisms similar to DK, but it just... You know. Smile
If it comes to unique gameplay I hope found it in Dwelvers, atm it has, like WFTO has, but not as much. Tongue
I've been playing around with this one too, but I'm affraid that they are spending too much time on developing new characters instead of fixing the core performance issues; plus their UI sucks bad. That's one reason why I've speant more time keeping up with DD because I like Ras' work ethic on development.

DD has a mostly stable core, and I think much of the issues in A v0.4 have been ironed out. I have yet to be able to play WftO for more than 30 minutes without it crashing. I speant around 4.5 hours on DD opening up the entire map with only a couple of stuck Imps. Well, that and that infamous Dark Dwarf crash, but it looks like that has been taken care of.
02-09-2013 07:50 PM
Sebt Offline
The Evil Admin
Evil Admins

Devious Dan Wrote:DD has a mostly stable core, and I think much of the issues in A v0.4 have been ironed out. I have yet to be able to play WftO for more than 30 minutes without it crashing. I speant around 4.5 hours on DD opening up the entire map with only a couple of stuck Imps. Well, that and that infamous Dark Dwarf crash, but it looks like that has been taken care of
Yea, here is a big difference between these two games, I like the stability and AI in Dwelvers.
02-09-2013 09:47 PM
Seriously Unserious Offline
The Ninja Dinosaur

Welcome to the forum, Sebt, or maybe I should just go ahead and call you sept ? Tongue

I haven't played around with any DK clones myself, I've played around with the original a bit and liked what I saw but had stability issues running it in windows and hadn't tried dosBox yet at the time. I've also studied a few programing languages at college, including java, php, javasctipt, sql, c++, html, css and perl. I enjoy developing websites and would love to do more of that.
[Image: 11619898803_7d3a89e6bd_n.jpg]
The Golden One!
03-09-2013 08:37 PM
Sebt Offline
The Evil Admin
Evil Admins

Seriously Unserious Wrote:Welcome to the forum, Sebt, or maybe I should just go ahead and call you sept ? Tongue
Don't do this or the last dinosaur (according to Your avatar) will extinct. :-D Nah, I'm joking. That was not for serious

... ups, I meant for real. :-D

Seriously Unserious Wrote:I haven't played around with any DK clones myself, I've played around with the original a bit and liked what I saw but had stability issues running it in windows and hadn't tried dosBox yet at the time. I've also studied a few programing languages at college, including java, php, javasctipt, sql, c++, html, css and perl. I enjoy developing websites and would love to do more of that.
Hah, that's what I would like to learn and develop too, but maybe except perl, but who knows.. Smile

Thanks for warm welcome, Seriously Unserious, everyone! Smile
03-09-2013 08:42 PM
Seriously Unserious Offline
The Ninja Dinosaur

Sebt Wrote:Don't do this or the last dinosaur (according to Your avatar) will extinct. :-D Nah, I'm joking. That was not for serious

... ups, I meant for real. :-D
:lol: you have to watch it around me, you never know whether your getting the Seriously or the Unserious, and it could change at any moment, even in mid-post! Tongue Of course, it helps that you have a good sense of humor and can tell the difference... :mrgreen:
[Image: 11619898803_7d3a89e6bd_n.jpg]
The Golden One!
03-09-2013 09:06 PM
Mello Tonin Offline
Guru O' Mello

Seriously Unserious Wrote:I haven't played around with any DK clones myself, I've played around with the original a bit and liked what I saw but had stability issues running it in windows and hadn't tried dosBox yet at the time.

DOSBox is a must if you are going to play that on Windows XP 64, or Vista +. I'm running back through that one, and then on to the second one which of course is not as awesome as the original, but did have some new features that were cool like the My Pet Dungeon which were like Sandbox Mode.
03-09-2013 11:17 PM
Sebt Offline
The Evil Admin
Evil Admins

Mello Tonin Wrote:DOSBox is a must if you are going to play that on Windows XP 64, or Vista +. I'm running back through that one, and then on to the second one which of course is not as awesome as the original, but did have some new features that were cool like the My Pet Dungeon which were like Sandbox Mode.
And must if You want to play DK 1 on Linux (maybe on Mac OS too), but when played DK 1 on dosbox on WINE, I couldn't launch this game in high resolution, (except that F4 works to change graphic), but it would be nice to play on 1920x1020, but probably it's only availible by KeeperFX made by our friend..
DK 2 has it's own charm, but wasn't so Hmm.. scary sometimes as DK 1 You need to pay attention more. In DK 2 everything laughs, game speed wasn't satisfying, but wasn't bad, I like to play both games. Smile
I encourage to play Ancient Keeper campaign for DK 1 - thee are many new things added based on game secrets/bugs.
04-09-2013 07:22 AM