Nick:  
Pass:     
Help Register

Greetings from the darkenss (An introduction)
Ascdren Offline
Hydraulic Engineer

Greetings from the darkenss (An introduction)
As you (a lowly imp) toil forward through the rock you can hear a quite wailing in the distance, as you push through a wall you see a creature hunched up in the corner, As you approach it slowly stands, you realise it is your new dungeon master, Ascdren.

Hi, I'm Ascdren (some people in this fantasy land we call the real world know me as Stephen), I've just downloaded the 0.4 alpha and look forward to trying the game. a settleres/DK/+ clone is a game i am really looking forward to trying, I plan on making a lets play for the game which i will be posting on youtube and linking in the videos section of the forum, for now though my mates just leant me killer is dead so i'm gonna vanish for a couple hours before deciding if i'll get myself a copy. enyways keep those minions digging and drinking, Dungeom Master Ascdren signing off

(sorry for spelling/formatting, I'm feeling too lazy to check and fix it)
03-09-2013 02:31 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Mello Tonin Offline
Guru O' Mello
Evil Admins

Re: Greetings from the darkenss (An introduction)
Welcome Ascden, I'll be looking for your link when you have a chance to post it. I will warn you though that if you are wanting to explore the entire map in 0.4, don't create any Dark Dwarves. There is an issue with them in that version which looks to be fixed for version 0.5 which is soon to be released.
03-09-2013 02:49 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Sebt Offline
An upcoming creature?
Evil Admins

Ascdren Wrote:As you (a lowly imp) toil forward through the rock you can hear a quite wailing in the distance, as you push through a wall you see a creature hunched up in the corner, As you approach it slowly stands, you realise it is your new dungeon master, Ascdren.

Hi, I'm Ascdren (some people in this fantasy land we call the real world know me as Stephen), I've just downloaded the 0.4 alpha and look forward to trying the game. a settleres/DK/+ clone is a game i am really looking forward to trying, I plan on making a lets play for the game which i will be posting on youtube and linking in the videos section of the forum, for now though my mates just leant me killer is dead so i'm gonna vanish for a couple hours before deciding if i'll get myself a copy. enyways keep those minions digging and drinking, Dungeom Master Ascdren signing off

(sorry for spelling/formatting, I'm feeling too lazy to check and fix it)
Hi, welcome to our Dungeon Smile

Making gameplay is a very good idea. One of our guy from DK Portal will make gameplay in Polish, but in English I don't know anyone who could do it, so that's nice someone's going to do it. I think especially it's needed by now, during game developing to make gameplays, says about next steps, new features and bugs.
Greets.
Spec: Win 10, ATI 7800 HD, res: 1280x1024x75. I support The Venus Project & Resource-Based Economy
03-09-2013 02:58 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Ascdren Offline
Hydraulic Engineer

thank you for your welcome guys, I'll be fiddling around with the game for a couple days then probably make an intro/'what is DD' vid (audio overlayed on a dungeon building montage) after that i'll see how many episodes i can realistically do per update (as there is no gameplay beyond building ATM) so it may just be introducing the changes for a while.

will be fiddling with the hydraulics this evening though so might do some instructional vids for contraptions made from them (may build a 1 way system around my dungeon)
03-09-2013 05:01 PM
Mello Tonin Offline
Guru O' Mello
Evil Admins

Ascdren Wrote:will be fiddling with the hydraulics this evening though so might do some instructional vids for contraptions made from them (may build a 1 way system around my dungeon)

The hydraulic systems are one of my favorite features in this game. I have already built some pretty elaborate setups in v0.4 so you shouldn't run into any crashes, at least from my experience.

With the new version being released soon, it may be best to wait to put a video together until then as the differences between v0.4 and v0.5 is night and day.
03-09-2013 05:11 PM
Ascdren Offline
Hydraulic Engineer

Mello Tonin Wrote:With the new version being released soon, it may be best to wait to put a video together until then as the differences between v0.4 and v0.5 is night and day.

i'll probably wait until then then, decided to mine out my whole dungeon (will come back in about half an hour that should be enough) then i'll have an entire dungeon for hydraulic foolery.
03-09-2013 05:18 PM
Seriously Unserious Offline
The Ninja Dinosaur

Welcome to the forums, Ascdren! 8-)

I've done a little fiddling around with the hydraulics but had some issues with the Dark Dwarf crash issue so lost a bunch of my work there. It's good to see more people finding our little community and joining in.

I'd love to see you're let's play and tutorial videos when you have some done. The more you do, the more attention Dwelvers will get and the more interest Rasmus and his growing team will get in this game. Smile
[Image: 11619898803_7d3a89e6bd_n.jpg]
The Golden One!
03-09-2013 08:29 PM
Ascdren Offline
Hydraulic Engineer

sadly i am unable to make my one way corridor system, it seems imps consider a moving wall as a wall, either that or they do not understand/notice the hydrolic systems
03-09-2013 10:56 PM
Rasmus Online
Main developer of Dwelvers
Dwelvers Developers

Welcome to the forum Ascdren Smile No the imps don't get the hydraulics, they are way to simple minded to understand anything that has to do with gears and air pressure. But I will give them some idea of the more basic stuff in the future, the imps should understand how to use a corridor system with moving walls as a shortcut..
04-09-2013 03:54 AM
Ascdren Offline
Hydraulic Engineer

i think i've had an idea that will allow me to make a 1 way system for my imps (assuming i manage to get the productivity balanced right)
04-09-2013 04:30 AM
Ascdren Offline
Hydraulic Engineer

RE: Greetings from the darkenss (An introduction)
this is me saying hello again, I know i've been gone a while, this is because I tend to bounce around different things a lot (sadly this got left by the way side for a long while)

I've decided to come back and play around again but my laptop is awful (really doesn't want to play the game) so i'm going to see if I can download it onto the desktop upstairs (may take a few years [ slight exaggeration] as the connection on that is terrable for some reason)
18-01-2014 10:18 PM
Seriously Unserious Offline
The Ninja Dinosaur

Welcome back!

I too had an absence back in the fall, in my case I was doing this program to clean toxins out of my body that took up 5 hours a day, 7 days a week, for 2 months. That's on top of my college classes. It took up all my time and left me with not time for games or social media, but in the end it was worth it, I had several health problems that I just couldn't seem to get rid of that are totally gone now, and this program caused my IQ to actually go up -- a lot. I'll trade 2 months of no life for a better lifetime any time. Wink
[Image: 11619898803_7d3a89e6bd_n.jpg]
The Golden One!
19-01-2014 08:13 AM
Sebt Offline
An upcoming creature?
Evil Admins

Hey Ascdren, welcome back!

Some things get changed huh? Maybe you'll find another hydraulic sequence that would work in an interesting way? Smile
Spec: Win 10, ATI 7800 HD, res: 1280x1024x75. I support The Venus Project & Resource-Based Economy
20-01-2014 06:10 PM
Ascdren Offline
Hydraulic Engineer

hopefully I will be able to come up with something fun to do with the hydraulics, first have to sort out some permissions problems on my desktop
20-01-2014 07:14 PM
Mello Tonin Offline
Guru O' Mello
Evil Admins

Need help with permissions on your Desktop? PM me...it's a small part of what I do for a living. Sys Admins rule the world! ...oh, and welcome back!
20-01-2014 07:50 PM