Nick:  
Pass:     
Help Register

Technical Note 2013.10.21 - Upcoming news
Rasmus Offline
Main developer of Dwelvers
Dwelvers Developers

2013.10.21 - Upcoming news
As some of you may know I have been working on a little secret, and my plan was to keep it a secret until the next update is released. But the thing is that this "secret" that I have been working on affects the whole game, and I can't post any future updates or screenshots without revealing it. That is why have been so quiet the last week. But as I truly value your inputs about the updates I plan to implement and have implemented I will reveal it so that it can be opened for discussions. That is the main reason for having a forum after all Smile

So, I have made a lot of progress in the game that you guys don't know about yet, and I don't want to fill the forum with them all at once. Therefore I will start posting the news beginning on Thursday, and from there I will regularly continue posting news depending on the activity on the forum Smile
(This post was last modified: 24-12-2014 02:08 PM by Sebt.)
21-10-2013 10:43 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Mello Tonin Offline
Guru O' Mello

RE: Upcoming news
Nice! I've been wondering when the next version was going to be released since I'm mostly finding minor issues. No major crashes to speak of, and I was able to finally clear out a whole map (which took forever; thank goodness for save games).

I know you aren't trying to give away too much about what you've been working on, but I am wondering if what you have developed has improved Imptelligence to a point where the game doesn't slow to a crawl when too many 'jobs' are active. If this is still something in progress I have an idea on how to streamline some of that stuff, but I've not put it to paper as they say as it will take a good bit of effort.
21-10-2013 11:04 PM
joshuageorpe Offline
Confused!

Good work on hiding it Rasmus. Hope the next version goes out before my father's birthday but no need to get rushed if this version really needs work. Hope the bug about the imp putting the items on the floor will be fixed on the upcoming future versions.

Good luck on it Rasmus.
22-10-2013 01:56 AM
Tricky Offline
Fishing Master

Great news!
22-10-2013 07:44 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Sebt Offline
The Evil Admin
Evil Admins

Good news and good to know You're still alive Rasmus, expect a new e-mail soon. Big Grin
I support The Venus Project & Resource-Based Economy - The feasible plan to get rid of scarcity, poverty, and other incoming global issues.
22-10-2013 09:15 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Rasmus Offline
Dwelvers Developers

Sebt, I was going to send you one yesterday, but then I got caught up with something else Tongue Yeah, I can imagine you have some ideas on how we should present the news Smile
22-10-2013 09:58 AM
Sebt Offline
The Evil Admin
Evil Admins

Oh, I have tones of ideas not only for news haha! Big Grin You will see soon. :]
I support The Venus Project & Resource-Based Economy - The feasible plan to get rid of scarcity, poverty, and other incoming global issues.
22-10-2013 12:15 PM
ShadowTiger Offline
2 Horsepower

I have absolutely no idea how you're developing all of this so quickly. I can honestly say that you're about two thirds faster than the average of every other Indie Dev I've ever heard of.

You are amazing. In more ways than one, generally, but this is legitimately awe-inspiring.

I'm not even saying that as a fan. I'm extremely over-analytical, and this all just adds up to some absurdedly compact forms of efficiency.

Godspeed dear sir Rasmus!
"Go, go, Potato!" ~Mello Tonin
22-10-2013 05:45 PM
Mello Tonin Offline
Guru O' Mello

My guess is coffee...lots and lots of coffee.
22-10-2013 06:12 PM
Tricky Offline
Fishing Master

(22-10-2013 06:12 PM)Mello Tonin Wrote:  My guess is coffee...lots and lots of coffee.

Energy drink is so huge amounts that it gets pumped in though a 1 KM diameter pipe 24/7 directly into Rasmus's boddy. just to make him work 6000% speed and never have to sleep!
22-10-2013 07:27 PM
Sebt Offline
The Evil Admin
Evil Admins

Rasmus and Towns guys are just robots, but Rasmus is the faster model, like that in I robot... Big Grin
(This post was last modified: 22-10-2013 07:34 PM by Sebt.)
22-10-2013 07:33 PM
Mello Tonin Offline
Guru O' Mello

(22-10-2013 07:27 PM)Tricky Wrote:  Energy drink is so huge amounts that it gets pumped in though a 1 KM diameter pipe 24/7 directly into Rasmus's boddy. just to make him work 6000% speed and never have to sleep!

I feel for his kidneys and wherever that pipe plugs into...
22-10-2013 07:35 PM
Rasmus Offline
Dwelvers Developers

Haha, I have no pipes connected to my body Wink Well, about how much I work on the game, I would guess between 8 - 10 hours a day six days a week.. Mostly with the motivation on top, and it is that that drives me.. that and 3 cups of coffee a day Tongue
22-10-2013 08:18 PM
Mello Tonin Offline
Guru O' Mello

They say 5 cups a day is good for prostate health. Just puttin that out there.
22-10-2013 10:03 PM
ShadowTiger Offline
2 Horsepower

Eh, depends on where you take it in. < <.
"Go, go, Potato!" ~Mello Tonin
22-10-2013 10:40 PM