My New Idea Creature Mechanic - Remove Rally Flags by placing in same location
• Remove Rally Flags by placing in same location •

Info
it might be just me, but it seems a bit counter-intuitive that removing Rally Flags is achieved by selling them.

Wouldn't it be easier if trying to place your Rally Flag where it already is, would remove it?
It would be less buttons to press, a good Quality Of Life improvement.

Appearance
N/A?

Stats
Highlight: Placing a Rally Flag in the same location that it already is would remove the Rally Flag.
What is the modification regarding to?: Minor change to how the Rally Flag operates.
Function: Placing a Rally Flag in the same location that it already is would remove the Rally Flag.

besides, it took me at least 5 minutes to think of trying to sell the Rally Flag when i wanted to remove the one i had.

on a side note, selling Rally Flags if they are placed on tiles with built objects on them, can cause you to sell such objects, as well as the Rally Flag(such as selling claimed ground(though that might just be my itchy clicking finger)). Confused
Steam - taiiat
To remove a Rally Flag you can just click the icon in the upper left part of the window that is the Rally Flag with a cirlce and a line through it. Didn't know you could also sell it.
(28-10-2013, 05:55 AM)Mello Tonin Wrote: To remove a Rally Flag you can just click the icon in the upper left part of the window that is the Rally Flag with a cirlce and a line through it. Didn't know you could also sell it.

and similarly, i didn't know you could click that to remove a Rally Flag.
that icon doesn't look like a button, so i never tried clicking it.
(i still like my idea :p)
Steam - taiiat
It depends on what the "best" behavior for it would be. What if we all got together here and listed a left-click and right-click functionality for its locational performance?

My "ideal" setup, at least in accordance to what I currently believe its function is, is to left-click once on it and then once in-game to place it, and you can right-click on either the flag itself or on the Rally Icon you clicked on originally to place it to dispel it. Easy.
"Go, go, Potato!" ~Mello Tonin
(28-10-2013, 08:10 PM)ShadowTiger Wrote: right-click on either the flag itself or on the Rally Icon you clicked on originally to place it to dispel it.

I think this would be much better than trying to click on the Rally Flag icon and then clicking on top of the current Rally Flag to dismiss it as you may just end up moving the flag rather than cancel it.
IMO, searching for a flag, than trying to find it for example in the mass of units on battlefield than trying to click it is a hard way to dispelled rally flag. The icon of activated flag on the bar that we could easily click to dispel the Rally Flag is much easier, especially when every seconds counts. Wink

Anyway please use proper suggestion format from Suggestion Guideline when You would like to put ideas here. There is a special format for modylification - I put it there for You.
[attachment=27]
You will make our life much easier thanks of using it, so please do some modifications. Wink
Spec: Win 10, ATI 7800 HD, res: 1280x1024x75. I support The Venus Project & Resource-Based Economy
(28-10-2013, 08:53 PM)Sebt Wrote: IMO, searching for a flag, than trying to find it for example in the mass of units on battlefield than trying to click it is a hard way to dispelled rally flag. The icon of activated flag on the bar that we could easily click to dispel the Rally Flag is much easier, especially when every seconds counts. Wink

Anyway please use proper suggestion format from Suggestion Guideline when You would like to put ideas here. There is a special format for modylification - I put it there for You.
the icon isn't obvious in even the slightest, it doesn't look like a button. and i micromanage my fights... i watch them. either way, more options can't ever be bad, eh? :p

oh.... i looked at the templates for the categories i thought this fit in, and none of them seemed to apply.

modification makes sense in retrospect, though. i'll fix it.

edit:
(28-10-2013, 08:10 PM)ShadowTiger Wrote: My "ideal" setup, at least in accordance to what I currently believe its function is, is to left-click once on it and then once in-game to place it, and you can right-click on either the flag itself or on the Rally Icon you clicked on originally to place it to dispel it. Easy.
that works too. but i'd like to have every option honestly, (ideally for all game functions) so that when you want to do any action in Dwelvers, you have many options, and can choose the most convenient one for where your mouse cursor or where your hands are, etc.
as long as the multiple options don't overlap with other functions ofcourse, but for now, Rally Flags don't overlap with anything to my knowledge.
Steam - taiiat
(29-10-2013, 01:31 AM)taiiat Wrote: The icon isn't obvious in even the slightest, it doesn't look like a button. and i micromanage my fights... i watch them. either way, more options can't ever be bad, eh? :p

oh.... i looked at the templates for the categories i thought this fit in, and none of them seemed to apply.

However You have found proper, fantastic! Wink

If You see glowing clearly distinguished button that flashes in You menu bar wouldn't You see it?
I sometimes forgot where exactly I put the flag, so finding a flag by moving from point to point on map is totally pointless and makes nervous. In actions where You fight and micromanage something having this simple button that appears after setting a flag is priceless. Why to use mangle if I have washing machine ?
Spec: Win 10, ATI 7800 HD, res: 1280x1024x75. I support The Venus Project & Resource-Based Economy
Yeah, I think I mentioned in the first video I made that had the rally flag included that the button was going to be remade. My idea is to put it in the bottom bar as seen in the screenshot I made with the 3D dungeon introduction.
replace_photbucket_link/Dungeon3D.png

So I have moved the info text to the right instead of having it to the left, and the active action icon that is seen in the upper right will be moved to the lower left on the bar. The "disable rallyflag" button will then be shown to the right of the moved "active action icon"..

Right now everything is a little bit to spread out, so icons/buttons like the upcoming mails will also be shown on the left bar, and every new upcoming mail will fill up from the left to the right. Hopefully this will make it easier and more intuitive Smile

On a side note.. Not even I knew that the rally flag could be sold Tongue But I do understand why it can be sold Smile
(29-10-2013, 01:05 PM)Rasmus Wrote: replace_photbucket_link/Dungeon3D.png

On a side note.. Not even I knew that the rally flag could be sold Tongue But I do understand why it can be sold Smile

oh, now you done it. i see your concepts there for multi-levels, flowing water, waterfalls, some very realistic looking stairs(they aren't perfect, but look like they were actually constructed by living things, rather than a CnC machine), etc.
and now i want them. Big Grin

i already broke the game? great! i should really get started with testing things then :p
selling Rally Flags isn't even the tip of the iceberg *maniacal laughter*
Steam - taiiat