My New Idea Room Idea - Arck Foundry
Arck Foundry

Info
The Arck Foundry is a Room machine that creates Golems.

Appearance
[Image: golem-foundry.jpg]
Pic.1. Arck Foundry.

[Image: golem_birth_by_hardreboot-d35x51s.png]
Pic2. Arcktisan making Golem.

Stats
Highlight: A room item that can creates Golems. Workers are needed to make them.
Function: Can creates Golems when specific resources will be put there and than worker like Arcktisan will make them.
Room Type: Element.
Cost: Moderate, needs 20% Managnetites , 60% Iron, 20% Magma Pots.
Place: Ground.
Spec: Win 10, ATI 7800 HD, res: 1280x1024x75. I support The Venus Project & Resource-Based Economy
As you may have seen, I've tried to categorise the different "buildings" to certain rooms. And this one seems to be something that could be a part of the Metal Works rooms. Given from the Arck Golem I guess its main purpose would be to create magical creatures, the Arck Foundry could work just like a blacksmith, but instead of creating weapons you create creatures. But these creatures would only be used for attack and defence of the dungeon. Hmm, but I think we should have some side effect to the creatures created here, maybe that they can't level up?
(12-11-2013, 05:01 AM)Rasmus Wrote: I think we should have some side effect to the creatures created here, maybe that they can't level up?

...and maybe their level is based on the level of the crafter, or one level below?
Doh, I paste old scheme, now the whole idea has been updated.

If it comes to level. These creatures could be made rather in later game. They needs Managnetite that can be dig out only by upgraded Imp pickaxes. Maybe we could make them strong as Golem's are, but each next level won't give them as much power as it gives to normal creatures? So that for example would be possible:
1st level of Cyclotaur could be weaker than for example Iron and Magma Golem, but after level 7-8 he will be stronger than Golems. I think if we would make resources needed for creating Golems very rare, we wouldn't need any limitations? I know that they don't need food and sleep, so that make them a little overpowered with their powers, but what about mentioned levelling up differences? They could be even harder to train them, they could get experience only from battles.
Spec: Win 10, ATI 7800 HD, res: 1280x1024x75. I support The Venus Project & Resource-Based Economy