Nick:  
Pass:     
Help Register

Dwelvers Journal 2013.11.15 - Wheat flooded by waterfalls
Sebt Offline
The Evil Admin
Evil Admins

RE: Newsletter - 15 Nov 2013
I would prefer having stats at the bottom of the card than in the middle. Anyway Rasmus could You tell us what stats do we have in game? That would help suggesting creatures BTW. Will we have any kind of magic like fire, water etc. and so resistances, weaknesses etc? Wink
I support The Venus Project & Resource-Based Economy - The feasible plan to get rid of scarcity, poverty, and other incoming global issues.
22-11-2013 12:40 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Mello Tonin Offline
Guru O' Mello

Good points Sebt; inquiring minds would like to know. Like Sebt, I'm thinking having those along the bottom or even arranging the status so the Working/Idle/Combat is just bellow the image, then needs, and finally the stats Regit included would be cool, or maybe vice versa (stats then needs).
22-11-2013 03:49 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Rasmus Offline
Main developer of Dwelvers
Dwelvers Developers

Right now I have the "standard" stats / icons surrounding the character (damage, accuracy, defence and magic resistance). Then in the bottom of the card I was thinking about having a creatures special abilities or stats, like the Dwarf having a 25% blockchance, or the waterman having immunity to water spells and so on. So instead of having to many stats scattered amongst the characters, like 15% poison res, 25% fire res, 40% lightning res I instead have these more specific stats or skills as a addon that only certain characters can have. I think this will make it a lot easier for the player to see and keep things organised.

Also, as seen in the Dwarf card I have a health-, rest- and food-bar showing their basic needs, but the dwarf also have an extra bar showing his alcohol level. Every creature will have a special need like this one, some will demand gold, some will demand swimming in the water, some will demand killing enemies and so on.. So for every new creature introduced to the dungeon the player must be certain that he also have a production going that can satisfy the creature needs, so that he don't get angry at you and start destroying the dungeon.

This could also be used against the enemy, especially when playing multiplayer, lets say that the enemy have a lot of Dwarfs, and they all require beer. So then you can make his creature turn against him by cutting of his beer supply somehow.. Forcing him to leave his fortress and go out and fight.
23-11-2013 02:11 AM
Regit Offline
Dungeon Lord

When next alpha version for download?
Let give us something xD
28-11-2013 10:57 PM
Mello Tonin Offline
Guru O' Mello

Patience Regit...LOL. I'm sure it won't be too much longer.
29-11-2013 04:49 AM
Sebt Offline
The Evil Admin
Evil Admins

But if will be released, so much things will be changed and added. Smile
I support The Venus Project & Resource-Based Economy - The feasible plan to get rid of scarcity, poverty, and other incoming global issues.
29-11-2013 10:02 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Mello Tonin Offline
Guru O' Mello

Yeah, I'm really anxious to tear into the new 0.6 release just like most I'm sure. Once we get to experience these new features Rasmus has been working on, it will make adding suggestions a lot easier. It's nice we get pretty steady updates on the progress he's making, but if you're like me, I have a hard time visualizing things. It's much easier to understand when you can put your hands on it, metaphorically speaking.
30-11-2013 08:13 AM
Sebt Offline
The Evil Admin
Evil Admins

Good idea. On Dwelvers website we can make special Mods category and platform then to help people making mods, same graphic etc. I think like now Rasmus gave us possibility to create graphics and models we could start - when basic mechanism will be made - this platform. At last game is built with community, that will never change right Rasmus? :-P
30-11-2013 12:14 PM
Rasmus Offline
Dwelvers Developers

Yeah, I would love it if the community could contribute with materials Big Grin
But as a small side note, if the graphics and the models are good enough and fit the theme of the game I would have no problem with including them with the releases, and in return you will get your name in the game as a model designer or something that fits the work you've done.
As a start I could host some of the graphics and models made on my webpage. But if I get too many contributions I would prefer if another site could host them and organise them, I have to much to do unfortunately, I haven't even had the time to move the forum to the Dwelvers domain yet :/ And there is so much I would like to improve on my web-page. Well, one thing at a time Smile
30-11-2013 09:25 PM
Mello Tonin Offline
Guru O' Mello

(30-11-2013 09:25 PM)Rasmus Wrote:  As a start I could host some of the graphics and models made on my webpage. But if I get too many contributions I would prefer if another site could host them and organise them...

I wouldn't have a problem hosting these through my site if it came to that. I know I will be adding a section for these custom graphics and models for stuff I'll be putting together, and I wouldn't mind including more user content. I know I'll have a lot of work to do to the site once 0.6 comes out so it matches all the changes made to the game.
01-12-2013 12:06 AM
Sebt Offline
The Evil Admin
Evil Admins

Hmm maybe Mello could make a platform for that connected or made for Dwelvers website? I think Rasmus You really need someone who have knowledge and some imagination about webmastering and knowledge about latest tech things. It would be perfect if website would be created mostly in HTML 5, any damn flash (Linux, Android users has always problem with that cause adobe stopped support them), jQuery scripts, etc. especially we need platforms for people, tools for being able to put anything, there are many well made tools already created in the net, need money, but I believe it won't be a problem in the future, when it comes to gather funds.
01-12-2013 11:52 AM
Regit Offline
Dungeon Lord

some news? Smile
10-12-2013 11:14 PM
Seriously Unserious Offline
The Ninja Dinosaur

(10-12-2013 11:14 PM)Regit Wrote:  some news? Smile

look here for it...
11-12-2013 10:08 AM
Rasmus Offline
Dwelvers Developers

Yeah I know. Well, it is a lot of work getting the website good, and I would of course appreciate getting help with it. I just try to focus at one thing at a time, and unfortunately the website has been suffering. But it will be better in the future Smile
12-12-2013 08:04 AM