Pass:     
Help Register

My New Idea Creature Idea - Rockworm
palandus Offline
Dungeon Lord

Creature Idea - Rockworm
• Rockworm •

Info
The rockworm is a simple creature that is occasionally found underground. What it does is simple. It eats up anything inorganic in its path (walls, minerals, rocks, dirt). Anything organic is ignored (plants, doors, roots, wooden structures). It isn't directly a threat to a settlement. However, as it makes tunnels, it can create a tunnel that allows enemies access into your base. Or it can eat through your wall, and allow enemies into areas they normally couldn't, ie a place blocked by a door. So, if a settlement doesn't want a Rockworm devouring all its nice fortifications and stone structures, its advisable to hunt it down and kill it. To offset players killing it off first, it should have relatively high health and relatively high armor.

Appearance

It should look somewhat similiar to most worm-like creatures, such as an earthworm. It should have a segmented body that writhes around the ground in a wormlike fashion; somewhat serpentlike movement. Make it to be a greyish color. If I knew how to link pictures I could hunt down some pictures to accompany this.

Stats
Highlight: Regularly chews up the environment creating tunnels or breaches in walls.
Acquired By: Neutral
Attack Form: None
Armor: Tough scaly rigged skin.
Attack Power: None
Defense: Below High
Health Points: Below High
Movement Speed: Moderate
Resistances: Slashing and Bludgeoning resistance
Job: Removes dirt, rocks, minerals, and walls
(This post was last modified: 23-08-2014 07:59 PM by Sebt.)
03-12-2013 10:49 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Sebt Offline
The Evil Admin
Evil Admins

RE: Creature - Rockworm
Added to Ideas & Game Features list. Smile
I support The Venus Project & Resource-Based Economy - The feasible plan to get rid of scarcity, poverty, and other incoming global issues.
(This post was last modified: 31-07-2014 08:34 PM by Sebt.)
04-12-2013 03:45 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Mello Tonin Offline
Guru O' Mello

RE: Creature - Rockworm
I like this one too! Depending on the size of the map, you would have x number of these things doing what they do best, eating dirt.

I think that instead of them just eating all the dirt and leaving nothing but tunnels, that every so often they should refill a tile or fill it halfway. When this happens they would deposit things like coal, stone, gold, and so on which they had eaten so those resources wouldn't be lost entirely and some of which would be unlikely to be digested anyways.
04-12-2013 04:36 PM
Mataran Offline
Dungeon Lord

RE: Creature Idea - Rockworm
(04-12-2013 04:36 PM)Mello Tonin Wrote:  I like this one too! Depending on the size of the map, you would have x number of these things doing what they do best, eating dirt.

I think that instead of them just eating all the dirt and leaving nothing but tunnels, that every so often they should refill a tile or fill it halfway. When this happens they would deposit things like coal, stone, gold, and so on which they had eaten so those resources wouldn't be lost entirely and some of which would be unlikely to be digested anyways.

I do agree with this idea, as Rogues do a good job on digging for trouble on their own. Maybe you could even have the Rockworm drop some of the items it has eaten as another incentive to kill it.
17-11-2014 03:34 AM