My New Idea I & S - Esc for Exiting Menus
• Esc for Exiting Menus •

Info
While it isn't hard to right-click to get out of menus and selected item to build, I think it would be much more intuitive to use the Esc key to do this. This will prevent the need for your cursor to be in the middle of a menu to clear it out, and make things much quicker when trying to exit a menu or build state.
I will fix this Smile
Yea I like this, I use a lot of esc to clear it but that not going to work
Pyramid of Live
[Image: kEbemdH.png]
We are about to re organise the suggestions topic so that it is easier to prioritise certain tasks.. We will add this suggestion there as soon as it is finished..
IMO we should have the option to use either the escape key or the right mouse button.

My preference really depends on what I'm doing at the time. If I'm mostly using the keyboard then I'd use the esc key, but if I'm in the middle of point and click with the mouse and not using the keyboard at all then I usually just use the mouse since I'm already using it anyways. It just depends on what's more convenient at the time. Still, when all else fails, I usually reach for the esc key, and it can be a bit disconcerting when it doesn't do anything.
Or maybe have both the Esc and Right-Click do the same for canceling out menus instead of an either or scenario.
hmm I think it is better that you can shooce it
Pyramid of Live
Personally I see no problem with having both as Mello said, if the right mouse button isn't occupied by something else it could be used as well.
Ok but maybe later on you are going to need a extra button, but if it's easy to changeyou can do it.
Pyramid of Live
Just add it to the "set keys" menu so players can decide for themselves what they want for menu's and such
Yeah what Tricky said + maybe have a couple of keybind options per action like many other games do, that way if you wanted to bind Esc and Right-Click to exiting menus you could do so.
That's a great idea. Big Grin
One other use for the escape key that would be nice in dwelvers is, if nothing else to do, then pull up the game menu, instead of having to click the ? button. Another escape from the menu would turn if off.
(18-02-2014, 03:17 PM)damiant Wrote: One other use for the escape key that would be nice in dwelvers is, if nothing else to do, then pull up the game menu, instead of having to click the ? button. Another escape from the menu would turn if off.

^ ^ YES ^ ^
(18-02-2014, 03:17 PM)damiant Wrote: One other use for the escape key that would be nice in dwelvers is, if nothing else to do, then pull up the game menu, instead of having to click the ? button. Another escape from the menu would turn if off.

+1.
[Image: 11619898803_7d3a89e6bd_n.jpg]
The Golden One!