Nick:  
Pass:     
Help Register

Xiemas Offline
Dark Side Member

I don't know if you want this but maybe we can start a group of people on skype so we can chat around about dwelvers and other stuff without any delay and I think everyone has skype and use it to communicate so if you'd like to make a group on skype about dwelvers then post your skype here or message me in private message. I'd like this because of a closer community. It is always great fun. I also want to do it now because later on when the game is getting bigger and the community gets bigger the close community is getting less close, we as "starters of the game" I think we need to stay with each other.

So skype chat or not?

I'm not going to put my skype here yet. Just want to know is we should do that?

Comments?
Pyramid of Live
[Image: kEbemdH.png]
(This post was last modified: 22-12-2013 12:13 AM by Xiemas.)
21-12-2013 11:41 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Tricky Offline
Fishing Master

RE: Skype
I'm in, but how about a teamspeak server?, i have a server running in my house, so its not a problem to setup a teamspeak server on it. i have a great internet connection and i live in Denmark, Neighbor to rasmus in sweden. so the latency shouldn't be that bad.
3570K@3.8GHz|MSI GD-55 Z77|2xGTX 770|Corsair 32GB DDR3|Corsair 86W|Fractal Define R|2 TB HDD(3x)|240 GB SSD|H100I
Current record holder of:
Most fish stored at once! (5202x)
[Image: ghqnARY.jpg]:heart:
(This post was last modified: 22-12-2013 12:54 AM by Tricky.)
22-12-2013 12:54 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Seriously Unserious Offline
The Ninja Dinosaur

I'm down with this. We used to use skype as an I.M. tool at my last job. I had skype installed on my older computer and d/ling + installing it is free, if I remember correctly so as is setting up an account, so using skype shouldn't be a problem for anyone.

@ Tricky: Your idea of setting up our own dedicated chat room on your own server is another good option, I could even see the forum admins posting a link to such a chat room on this board as well, if we ask them to.
22-12-2013 05:36 AM
Xiemas Offline
Dark Side Member

It would be great that admins are in too. But I don't think they want to do it. But I want to do this only with a small amount of people, say like all the active people on the forum right now. Or in teamspeak you can setup rooms. So maybe we can gove the admins a room for them and newbs a roomand we one, you can always change rooms so when like Rasmus is working he can go to the admin room and so on, we need to think about that.
Pyramid of Live
22-12-2013 12:44 PM
Tricky Offline
Fishing Master

Done, TS3 server is running. Ip is: Wugin.dlinkddns.com, no password
3570K@3.8GHz|MSI GD-55 Z77|2xGTX 770|Corsair 32GB DDR3|Corsair 86W|Fractal Define R|2 TB HDD(3x)|240 GB SSD|H100I
22-12-2013 01:17 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Sebt Offline
The Evil Admin
Evil Admins

I don't like using Skype because I don't trust it. I'm not feeling safe there, however talking sometimes with Rasmus I'm using it for chat.

The teamspeak idea is very good. I think we could do teamspeak meetings or even better video Livestreams where You could speak with Developers about anything, do some q/a, discuss about new creature that has just been revealed etc. - than if someone could do transcription from these meetings that would be easly importer as text and video form together on discussion topic, so we could record video and put it on YouTube etc. and also video with transcription on our forum. Smile

Of course it depends on everyone time with that would be a little problem, but it's doable to do that anyway. Smile Of course we could make special Dwelvers channel, one for daily talks, maybe it would be possible for Developers to appear there sometimes. Everything is about the time, but idea is quite nice.

Have You people got experience with teamspeak or livestrams? I think about that from teamspeak.com, I noticed it's on Android too, but I know not much about that. :3
I support The Venus Project & Resource-Based Economy - The feasible plan to get rid of scarcity, poverty, and other incoming global issues.
(This post was last modified: 22-12-2013 01:26 PM by Sebt.)
22-12-2013 01:19 PM
Tricky Offline
Fishing Master

(22-12-2013 01:19 PM)Sebt Wrote:  I don't like using Skype because I don't trust it. I'm not feeling safe there, however talking sometimes with Rasmus I'm using it for chat.

The teamspeak idea is very good. I think we could do teamspeak meetings where You could speak with Developers about anything, do some q/a, discuss about new creature that has just been revealed etc. Of course it depends on everyone time with that would be a little problem, but it's doable to do that anyway. Smile Of course we could make special Dwelvers channel, one for daily talks, maybe it would be possible for Developers to appear there sometimes. Everything is about the time, but idea is quite nice.
Have You people got experience with teamspeak? I think about that from teamspeak.com, I noticed it's on Android too, but I know not much about that. :3
Its avalible for IOS, Android, Linux, Mac and Windows
Server is running JOIN ;D
22-12-2013 01:22 PM
Sebt Offline
The Evil Admin
Evil Admins

Android version cost money, but other are for free? They've said it's free on main website...
I support The Venus Project & Resource-Based Economy - The feasible plan to get rid of scarcity, poverty, and other incoming global issues.
22-12-2013 01:30 PM
Tricky Offline
Fishing Master

strange... it cost money yes... it was the beta version whom was free i guess
22-12-2013 01:35 PM
Xiemas Offline
Dark Side Member

Problem with me is that I'm not very good at talking English, so I think I'll chat a lot Tongue
Pyramid of Live
22-12-2013 01:56 PM
Tricky Offline
Fishing Master

thats fine, fell free to join anytime, ill be expecting you Smile
22-12-2013 02:35 PM
Mello Tonin Offline
Guru O' Mello

Tricky, I think you may want to consider having those who want to join send a PM to you to get a password for Teamspeak. I run one here myself, and I would never consider having one open to everyone. Since the forum can be browsed by anyone or bots having your info posted has the potential to become exploited. I would think that PMs are not visible to the public, but I'm not 100% sure on that. Sebt, Rasmus?

I wouldn't mind joining from time to time though when I can.
22-12-2013 07:27 PM
Xiemas Offline
Dark Side Member

yea maybe a pass on it, I think only Sebt and Rasmus can read the PMs
Pyramid of Live
22-12-2013 08:14 PM
Tricky Offline
Fishing Master

i don't mind, i got protection on my server, i'm not a shitty programmer. The server is very limited. only 10 connections pr. 10 sec is allowed, else they will be refused. dont worry i got it all under control. plus i got a roughter blocking dos attacks aswell and spamming my internet. no worrys
22-12-2013 11:47 PM
Sebt Offline
The Evil Admin
Evil Admins

The safety is very important. I think sending by Private Message password for interested people would be a better idea, however, I haven't spoken any bots on any chat so, for anyone visiting this forum and wanting to join chat it would be easier to have information about password visible without necessity to ask for password anyone. Wink

If it comes to reading PMs we can only read that which we got/send, because of privacy policy it's not possible to read private messages in any forums - messages other than where we are senders or receivers. Don't worry about that so. Smile

Messages are of course stored in databases, but I've never checked that where etc. For what?
(This post was last modified: 24-12-2013 12:35 AM by Sebt.)
24-12-2013 12:33 AM