Nick:  
Pass:     
Help Register

Game Storage Units
Rikus Khan Offline
Antroot Farmer

Storage Units
Do all storage items store the same amount? I am just questioning the efficiency of my layout.
Code:
[insert witty text here]
(This post was last modified: 01-04-2014 04:36 PM by Sebt.)
02-01-2014 05:25 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Rasmus Offline
Main developer of Dwelvers
Dwelvers Developers

RE: Storage Units
Yeah, all items takes the same amount of space.. But if you are asking if the different tables can store different amounts you can check out my webpage: http://dwelvers.com/rooms
I just added a section were you can see the exact number of items each table/bench can store Smile
02-01-2014 08:38 PM
Tricky Offline
Fishing Master

no, they don't, some store more then others
3570K@3.8GHz|MSI GD-55 Z77|2xGTX 770|Corsair 32GB DDR3|Corsair 86W|Fractal Define R|2 TB HDD(3x)|240 GB SSD|H100I
Current record holder of:
Most fish stored at once! (5202x)
[Image: ghqnARY.jpg]:heart:
02-01-2014 08:38 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Seriously Unserious Offline
The Ninja Dinosaur

Awesome Rasmus, I've been wondering about that myself. Smile
[Image: 11619898803_7d3a89e6bd_n.jpg]
The Golden One!
02-01-2014 09:42 PM
Mello Tonin Offline
Guru O' Mello

Thought those Cross Tables had the best storage...been using those mostly when excavating the map.
04-01-2014 06:59 AM
Seriously Unserious Offline
The Ninja Dinosaur

Yup, and I'll definitely be using them more now I know the details.
[Image: 11619898803_7d3a89e6bd_n.jpg]
The Golden One!
04-01-2014 09:17 AM
DwarvesAtWork Offline
Dungeon Lord

If I place a cross table in a corner, will the imps still be able to store the full amount of things on it? Or do the imps need access to all 4 sides of the table to be able to fully utilize it?
Indie Games to check out:
Dwelvers - Dungeon Management game with 3D digging and economic focus
War for the Overworld - Dungeon Keeper 2 spiritual successor
Dwarf Fortress - the ultimate dwarven simulation engine
Isomer - Mine, Build, and Explore as a squad of aliens crash landed on a foreign world
07-01-2014 06:17 PM
Rasmus Offline
Dwelvers Developers

They can reach all corners of it.
07-01-2014 08:40 PM
Sanctume Offline
Dungeon Lord

RE:
Hi everyone, just curios about the 27 units for a wall shelf, and the current storage linking implementations in 7d.

From what I understand so far, if 1 storage is "full" it will stop production down the chain.

So let's say I have "Bread Storage Room" with 1 wall shelf, so it good to have 27 maximum bread.
And let's say I have "Bread Storage Support Room" with many storage room is linked to "Bread Storage Room."

Now if I have a "Bar Room" that will accept Bread from "Bread Storage Room" and have 9 tables.
I am assuming it looks like each table can hold up to 3 breads at a time. So 9x3 = 27.
But then Fish and Beer also goes onto the table.

So, to me it super efficient, I need a "Storage Bar Room Supply" with 3 wall shelves, each for Bread, Fish, and Beer.
Will I be able to set that I need a max of 27 of each item?
Or will my fisher-imps fill up the 3 shelves with fishes before my Brewer can fill it up with beer?
16-06-2014 08:25 PM
Rasmus Offline
Dwelvers Developers

RE:
Hi Sanctume, welcome to the forum Smile

You really seem to have figured out how the system works in detail. Which I must add is pretty hard atm Tongue
So yeah, you may have found a issue here.. If the storage room gets filled with bread first it will not accept fishes or beer. Hmm, so with the current system I only see two ways to solve this issue, and that is that you balance the production so that the bread and the beer gets produced in the same rate. The other way is to unload the items that has been over-produced to another storage room.

Not the most elegant solution. But you raise a fair point. I have had other forum members wanting a max and minimum value to the stored items (Seriously Unserious) but I have rejected this idea because I wanted to keep it as basic as possible and that I didn't see a direct use for this system. I thought, "either the player wants to store items there or not, it is as simple as that", but this can be a problem that could haunt the game.

I could suggest that you make one storage room for bread and fish and one for beer which in their turn is connected to a third storage room that is connected to the bar room. This would solve the issue, but having to build three storage rooms for this purpose could be a little extreme.

I will continue discussing a solution in this topic: http://forum.dwelvers.com/showthread.php?tid=923
17-06-2014 01:14 AM