New Feature! I & S - Message menu
So I've started with the message menu, it is pretty straight forward atm.

The four icons in the top left (placeholders atm) works as filters.
- Show all messages
- Show battle related messages
- Show creature related messages
- Show production related messages

[IMG]replace_photbucket_link/MessageSystem.png[/IMG]

Almost all the messages here will point towards a certain location in the dungeon, therefore I will also have "zoom in on location" buttons in the messages.

If anyone have any suggestions on this implementation or on how to improve it I would gladly discuss it Smile
This will be a great help in finding and solving any problems areas that come up.

The only thing I can think of to comment on right now is that I hope you plan on having more descriptive titles then "Message #1, Message #2, etc. for each message so it's easier to find a particular message.
[Image: 11619898803_7d3a89e6bd_n.jpg]
The Golden One!
Of course each of the message will be assigned to certain group and that will have proper name for it, for example Battle or Production Report. I think we will have icons assigned to each messages and have messages ordered to more-less like here:

[Image: Customer_Support_window_Patch_4_3_4.png]

What do you think?

Also I like very much simple reporting system in DK, where everything were just showed as short message which icon was falling down and show the content. Will see, anyway discussion is open for your ideas everyone. Smile
Spec: Win 10, ATI 7800 HD, res: 1280x1024x75. I support The Venus Project & Resource-Based Economy
I also prefer to keep it simple. Complexity here is not needed, just a simple, effective, clean message system. A means of deleting old messages would be helpful too, to keep it clean and simple when there are a lot of old messages hanging around.
The Golden One!
I've been thinking about that SU. The thing is that the messages should be kept active as long as there is a problem maybe.. Once the problem disappears the message should too..
Later on I could add a option for certain buildings and so on that they shouldn't send messages maybe..
Also having a delete button to manually remove messages would be helpful as well.
The Golden One!
Hmm we can have always alerts, that we can read and after right mouse button click delete, but still every message/alert could be stored in the message menu like Rasmus proposed (some kind of log), everything in order, that could show us only Battle reports, or even only of last 20 minutes, player's choice.
Spec: Win 10, ATI 7800 HD, res: 1280x1024x75. I support The Venus Project & Resource-Based Economy
Maybe having a warning icon (the typical ! in a triangle) in the upper right corner of the screen opposite of where the cancel Rally Flag icon is that you could click and go directly to the message center and to the first warning.
That would be good too, as many ways as possible to know when and where there's a problem that requires your attention.
The Golden One!
Will this also include an option to zoom to the last message with the spacebar (without opening the menu)? I am accustomed to that keybind from other RTS games.
Indie Games to check out:
Dwelvers - Dungeon Management game with 3D digging and economic focus
War for the Overworld - Dungeon Keeper 2 spiritual successor
Dwarf Fortress - the ultimate dwarven simulation engine
Isomer - Mine, Build, and Explore as a squad of aliens crash landed on a foreign world