Nick:  
Pass:     
Help Register

Poll: How would you describe the feel of the finished game atmosphere? See OP for longer descriptions of options.
Serious - BadAss
Neutral - General Fantasy
Playful - Tongue-in-Cheek
Playful - Silly
[Show Results]

Brainstorm Describe the Feel of the Finished Game Ambiance
Rasmus Offline
Main developer of Dwelvers
Dwelvers Developers

RE: Describe the Feel of the Finished Game Ambiance - With Poll
I'm also for a humoristic game, but not a ridicules humoristic game. The feeling I want to give to the player is not obvious humour, it should be something like the Lady of Pain whipping the Orcs just because she is bored and have a very sadistic personality, some creatures may like the whipping, others may not. So in the end the creatures should just be themselves, and with that the humour comes from the whole mix of personalities in the dungeon. I can say now directly that the imps will probably be the most victims for more evil creatures personalities and perversions. This is because I don't want the imps to be evil, they are just these careless creatures that wants to please everyone and do what they are told.. So in other words there will be a lot of bullying directed towards them Tongue
13-01-2014 04:52 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Mello Tonin Offline
Guru O' Mello

(13-01-2014 04:52 PM)Rasmus Wrote:  I can say now directly that the imps will probably be the most victims for more evil creatures personalities and perversions.

I wouldn't see it happening any other way. STooPiD Imps! *Smack* HAHAHAHA
13-01-2014 05:49 PM
Seriously Unserious Offline
The Ninja Dinosaur

I agree. The Imps are the perfect whipping boys for Ladies of Pain and all others who just like bullying the helpless.
[Image: 11619898803_7d3a89e6bd_n.jpg]
The Golden One!
14-01-2014 02:26 AM
The Ninja Dinosaur

SPAMMER gone, YAY to Rasmus! Big Grin
The Golden One!
(This post was last modified: 20-01-2014 08:32 AM by Seriously Unserious.)
16-01-2014 07:14 AM
Rasmus Offline
Main developer of Dwelvers
Dwelvers Developers

Thanks SU, he have been banned!

+2 to you for warning me! And for a lot of other ideas you have had lately that I haven't rewarded you with Wink
(This post was last modified: 16-01-2014 08:01 AM by Rasmus.)
16-01-2014 07:58 AM
The Ninja Dinosaur

I'm not in it for the rewards but thanks for them Smile

I have something good I'm about to post in the videos thread too! Smile
The Golden One!
16-01-2014 08:38 AM
Sebt Offline
The Evil Admin
Evil Admins

The reward will be to not throw SU into the Pit of Damned

Nah, just kidding, point from me to you SU! Big Grin

PS. Maybe we could annouce this pool on our social media channels? What do you think? Maybe we could gather more votes for specific options.
I support The Venus Project & Resource-Based Economy - The feasible plan to get rid of scarcity, poverty, and other incoming global issues.
(This post was last modified: 16-01-2014 05:52 PM by Sebt.)
16-01-2014 05:48 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
The Ninja Dinosaur

That's a great idea. Market it for all it's worth and get as many people as possible to sign up and vote.
The Golden One!
16-01-2014 06:09 PM
DwarvesAtWork Offline
Dungeon Lord

(11-01-2014 12:06 PM)Rasmus Wrote:  So personally I was thinking something between 2 and 3, so I'm glad that the results have been pointing in that direction. ...

(13-01-2014 04:52 PM)Rasmus Wrote:  I'm also for a humoristic game, but not a ridicules humoristic game. The feeling I want to give to the player is not obvious humour, it should be something like the Lady of Pain whipping the Orcs just because she is bored and have a very sadistic personality, some creatures may like the whipping, others may not. So in the end the creatures should just be themselves, and with that the humour comes from the whole mix of personalities in the dungeon. ...

Excellent! I think these sound like a great balance.

I also like the idea of one or 2 BadAss creatures striking fear in the others. Maybe they will be on a timer, or maybe they will demand creature sacrifice to remain under control, or maybe they will simply attack your creatures when they get bored? Or maybe they are not summoned by the player at all, but instead are found as a neutral hostile monster that must be defeated before they can be converted.

I gotta say, I am happy with the results of the poll thus far. A mix of 2 and 3 still gives a lot of room for a few gags and some dark humor.
Indie Games to check out:
Dwelvers - Dungeon Management game with 3D digging and economic focus
War for the Overworld - Dungeon Keeper 2 spiritual successor
Dwarf Fortress - the ultimate dwarven simulation engine
Isomer - Mine, Build, and Explore as a squad of aliens crash landed on a foreign world
19-01-2014 05:25 PM
mishko Offline
Dungeon Lord

More Gothic Artstyle
Hello, I just wanted to come here and say that I am really impressed with how much has been accomplished in this game and the new mechanics like multiple layers are amazing! The only thing that bugs me a little about the game is the artstyle: It doesn't feel "evil" or "dark" yet and is a slightly on the colorful side. I think it would be good to keep the personality of the game while adding a more dungeon-like appearance. At the moment the textures almost seem plastic-like. I hope I do not come off as offensive as I love your game so far!
07-02-2014 04:47 AM
The Ninja Dinosaur

RE: More Gothic Artstyle
Hi and welcome to the forums!

We had a poll and discussion about the look and feel of the game here. So if you have any more ideas on how you'd like the atmosphere and look of the game to go that would probably be the best place to go to discuss it.

I look forward to reading more of your ideas and suggestions, mishko. Cool
The Golden One!
07-02-2014 11:16 AM
Sebt Offline
The Evil Admin
Evil Admins

Hey mishko, thanks for joining us and welcome to Dwelvers community! Big Grin

Your nickname reminds me one Bile Demon guy from WFTO forum, it's you maybe? Tongue

Well about suggestion for game ambient yes, we're discussing already a whole game ambient in the thread SU posted above, so I need to move there posts to there, but! If you have any specific, concrete idea for anything I encourage to check Suggestion Templates, Guideline & The BIG List of Ideas, so you can find "templates" which we use to organize every ideas by categories and will surely help you in designing suggestion. Smile
I support The Venus Project & Resource-Based Economy - The feasible plan to get rid of scarcity, poverty, and other incoming global issues.
07-02-2014 03:27 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
mishko Offline
Dungeon Lord

(07-02-2014 03:27 PM)Sebt Wrote:  Hey mishko, thanks for joining us and welcome to Dwelvers community! Big Grin

Your nickname reminds me one Bile Demon guy from WFTO forum, it's you maybe? Tongue

Well about suggestion for game ambient yes, we're discussing already a whole game ambient in the thread SU posted above, so I need to move there posts to there, but! If you have any specific, concrete idea for anything I encourage to check Suggestion Templates, Guideline & The BIG List of Ideas, so you can find "templates" which we use to organize every ideas by categories and will surely help you in designing suggestion. Smile

You found me out! I think I might recognize your name as well on those forums.... But anyway, thank you for moving my post to this thread. I am fine with this game being more silly than dungeon keeper, but I also wish that it will keep the dark and sinister atmosphere of dungeon keeper.
(This post was last modified: 07-02-2014 05:25 PM by mishko.)
07-02-2014 05:19 PM
Sebt Offline
The Evil Admin
Evil Admins

You have no idea how much sinister, evil, disgusting, sarcastic and unpredictable will be Dwelvers, if this game some people won't like more than Dungeon Keeper, I will throw myself onto electric chair in Torture Room! Big Grin
BTW, maybe you have some examples of architecture, building you would like to see in Dwelvers later? Anyone?
(This post was last modified: 08-02-2014 12:39 AM by Sebt.)
07-02-2014 06:18 PM
The Ninja Dinosaur

It's always fun when someone you recognize from another forum suddenly shows up. Smile

Well, if you're well enough known on another forum to be recognized here that tells me you're the sort to contribute to discussions regularly, which is good, so please do so, often. Smile
The Golden One!
07-02-2014 08:21 PM