Brainstorm I & S - Evil meter
lol, that could be a use for all those buckets of water that accumulate in storage rooms. Tongue
[Image: 11619898803_7d3a89e6bd_n.jpg]
The Golden One!
(19-02-2014, 04:07 PM)damiant Wrote: Wow what a big thread to read !!

I can't comment on anything specific other than to say what my first impression is of this feature. I think there needs to be some distinction between a static level your DM has reached (say that is the level of your Evil Meter, or Karma if we are going to do black/white inspired stuff here), and some expendable thing like Evil Points that you also gather for doing evil things. The evil meter would unlock content: music, rooms, creatures. Evil points could be used to build really big things in rooms, not the standard equipment. Like in civilization you build wonders of the world, here you spend your evil points on building something really cool, like a hot tub for the orcs.

My orcs are now fixated on the idea of a hot tub. They are dirty after battle. Fueled with coal, and filled with fresh water by imps.

hehe.

And the "wonders" they create could be based on factions that Sebt mentioned waaaay back! Like which ones are available to you. And then you can gain combat, spell, speed etc bonuses from them. They could even be used for spells or rituals or even for Game Modification - Creature "Genetic" Combination.
[Image: i563hs.png]
No Money, No Poverty, No Crime, No Politicians, No Corruption, No Social Stratification, Strength Based Education, Global Democracy, and True Equality.
A New Social Paradigm: Only Impossible Because of Your Attitude; Only Possible with Your Aspiration Towards a Better World.
You can't spell Humanity without Unity.

(19-02-2014, 12:10 AM)Seriously Unserious Wrote: This sounds like a good way of handling things. My thinking on the Alliance Meter would be that it could range anywhere from ally to enemy and all points in between, with it starting at neutral. Also, if factions are included there should also be a separate Alliance Meter for each faction, and the AI factions could also have relations with each other, tracked by more Alliance Meters. SO things that could drive the Alliance Meter between any 2 factions down could be attacking a member of that faction, streaking from that faction, destroying any of their buildings, claiming their territory for yourself, or doing any of the above actions to an ally of theirs. Things that would raise it could be trading peacefully with that faction, signing treaties with them, attacking that faction's enemies, helping that faction when it's under attack, giving items to that faction. This way Dwelvers would have a whole new world of possibilities in the realm of diplomacy, and many different ways to play it.

On a side note, it could also be interesting to see what happens when you create an army of orcs and then become more good and either those orcs become more good along with you or desert you, becoming hostile neutrals. The imp's allignment would simply copy the keeper's, since they just want to please master no matter how master gets pleased, whether it's doing honorable acts or acts of unspeakable evil.

Also, in addition to Evil Points, there would need to be Good Points as well, for something like this to work. Good points would be accumulated by trading peacefully, honoring treaties, giving items to others and other "good" deeds.

I realize that would be a huge deviation from the Dungoen Keeper theme but at the same time that may also serve to differentiate Dwelvers form Dungeon Keeper further so people aren't so much looking for a DK clone but a game in it's own right.

I think we need to separate the alliance meter from the Evil Points, at first we were thinking about having a more static version for the Evil Points, but now we are more going towards having something that regenerates and could be used as mana, also, we will probably rename it and call it something else than Evil Meter. Maybe essence or something that aren't so arbitrary.

(19-02-2014, 12:28 AM)Sebt Wrote: I can imagine how fast it rotate at the further stage of the game, Ferris wHell!

If it comes to evil meter, well on of my ideas I present in creature make discussion which says about dark mother's energy/power for different purposes.

Earlier in this thread I suggested a reputation meter which says in which fraction you could get some benefits if you will be more ally than enemy for them, but then this fraction enemy will be mad at you and instead of being neutral could attack you.

About having good and bad meter was different discussions too, evil points as mana or as unlocking-things point meter which include upkeep of creatures and rooms and other stuff that decrease Evil Points and any killing or claiming enemy territory will raise your Evil Points.

Also about multiplayer player's could gather these points that could be obtained for conquering realms, unlocking, get access to something, etc. About these all there were told, but until we won't have any good lore, basic other mechanisms we need to make discussion about Evil Meter could be endless. Well I hope at the end there won't be to much to care about. :d until then don't stop guys! :d

I don't think the rotation speed will be linear with the amount it generates. Or maybe it is about how often it generates. Once again, the reputation meter is different from this idea. I don't know if we should make this thread about reputation, or about the rechargeable energy that BP presented.

(19-02-2014, 04:07 PM)damiant Wrote: I can't comment on anything specific other than to say what my first impression is of this feature. I think there needs to be some distinction between a static level your DM has reached (say that is the level of your Evil Meter, or Karma if we are going to do black/white inspired stuff here), and some expendable thing like Evil Points that you also gather for doing evil things.

Precisely Tongue