Feedback/Modification I & S - Additional tab with Info and Tasks in Creature Card
Additional tab with Info and Tasks in Creature Card

Info
Add a new panel to the creature card.

Appearance

[Image: FxgP.jpg]

Stats
Highlight: Add a level of control to creatures.
Function: This would be an update to the current card so that there would be a tab to expand it out to show additional info or set controls. Right now this is really, but there are all kinds of thing that could go in this tab. Initially this would have the tasks that you want the individual character to do.

Orc: As shown in image above.
Imp would have these tasks:
  • Digging
  • Claiming
  • Carrying
  • Farming
  • Milling
  • Brewing
  • Food/Drink
  • Fishing
  • Jailor
  • Forging
  • Medic

The check boxes would allow you to select All, Multiple, or One task to focus on. An additional check box could be placed to 'Apply All' to make selections apply to all creatures of a similar type.
Hmm, can we change stances on the creature ot it'll just an info?
Can we set tasks by this menu or it will just show which task I'd already doing? You have already what is creature doing at the bottom of the card.
If yes could we do it for a group of creatures?
What stances say to us and how affect a creature, what is the creature attitude in each if stances?

Added to Ideas & Game Features list.
Spec: Win 10, ATI 7800 HD, res: 1280x1024x75. I support The Venus Project & Resource-Based Economy
(23-01-2014, 06:43 AM)Mello Tonin Wrote: The check boxes would allow you to select All, Multiple, or One task to focus on. An additional check box could be placed to 'Apply All' to make selections apply to all creatures of a similar type.

I thought that this clearly indicated that they are check boxes implying the user has control by checking which tasks they want the creature to work on. Since there hasn't been any real discussion on grouping creatures yet, this would apply to the individual creature. Like I mentioned, another check box could be added to make your selections apply to all creatures of that type.

(23-01-2014, 03:58 PM)Sebt Wrote: Hmm, can we change stances on the creature ot it'll just an info?
What stances say to us and how affect a creature, what is the creature attitude in each if stances?

I figured the arrow graphic would make it easy to see that this is a drop down box which the user has control over. The stances are genaric to all games like this so I didn't see it was necessary to explain the differences in how the creature acts based on Aggressive, Defensive, or Passive stances...
This is a great idea Mellow, and I hope to see it or something like it in the game in a new version soon.
[Image: 11619898803_7d3a89e6bd_n.jpg]
The Golden One!
Thanks, I could imagine this being able to have more things to it than the basic representation here, but would be a great way to have a certain level of control of the creatures while still allowing the creatures to move about without your direct control of their movements.
I agree. BTW did I mention that with all these good ideas you're getting a +1?

Well you are. Smile
The Golden One!
Sweet now I don't feel all left behind in the dust!
I like the idea, but I feel that it will work against this idea: http://forum.dwelvers.com/showthread.php?tid=514
But that idea only applies to the imps, and what they should prioritize..

When it comes to the fighters I like the STANCE option. Preferably I would like to have something like this in the a more general menu where the player could assign a certain percentage of the creatures to do certain tasks.

But on the other hand, when a combat is closing in and you have control over what creatures are fighting, then it could be good to assign them to a certain stance directly.
IMO both both ideas are actually compatible. If you use the checkbox approach that could be used to assign imps to general tasks like digging, claiming territory, reinforcing walls, building, etc. Also, when an imp's assigned to a room with multiple different types of tasks it could do in there, this method would work well to assign which of those tasks a particular imp does. So, for example, in my proposal about new additions to the Metalworks room, imps could be smithing, smelting, tailoring, woodworking, fletching or researching (drafting). If you don't want a big, busy Metalworks room to end up in a muddle, you'd need something like this to organize the tasks in such a room.

Another addition to this idea that would also be welcome would be having the ability to organize your creatures into groups which could be giving task orders of this nature as a unit, rather then having to set their task lists 1 at a time. I'll put that suggestion in it's own thread though so stay tuned...
The Golden One!
Hmm yeah, there are some times I would just like to point and drag all over the creatures to select them all to give them orders..
OK, I created a companion suggestion to limit micromanagement that some ideas such as this one could create, I called it Assign Squads.
The Golden One!