Nick:  
Pass:     
Help Register

Dwelvers Journal 2014.01.24 - Introducing a new company name and logo!
Rasmus Offline
Main developer of Dwelvers
Dwelvers Developers

2014.01.24 - Introducing a new company name and logo!
Newsletter - 24 Jan 2014 - Introducing a new company name and logo!

New company logo
So lets begin with the new company name and logo, we thought that we should have something else than "Rasmus Ljunggren presents.." (I also felt a little ego having it like that Wink), so now we have the company name:

[Image: DancingDevilsLarge.png]

New trailer video
So this time it is not just me babbling away and recording for 15 minutes straight, now we have something I think sums up the game nicely in a very short amount of time.

Tutorial implemented
Well, I got tired of people not playing the game exactly as I wanted them to, therefore I added a tutorial to the game to get them on the right track Wink As seen here the tutorial is directly interacting with the player, giving him a description on what he should do next and where he should do it by having flashing icons and tiles.

[Image: Tutorial.jpg]

The Rough
This little guy is a manipulating, careless little creature that can do more harm than good to your dungeon. With his deceiving ways he will trick other creatures in your dungeon and be the cause for internal fighting. But there is an upside with this creature, he is cheap to produce and very efficient when fighting in large numbers.

[Image: rogue4.png]

The Piggeh
I would say that this creature is a mix between a pig and a... hmmm.. well not sure. Our 3D artist went berserk and created this creature out of the blue, and we just loved him Big Grin But the fact still remains that we need to give him a place to live in the dungeon, maybe you guys and gals could help us out here Smile

[Image: Piggeh.jpg]

Don't forget to leave a comment and tell us what you think Smile

And yes, don't forget our reddit post Smile
http://www.reddit.com/r/IndieGaming/comm...hed_to_it/
(This post was last modified: 22-03-2014 10:29 PM by Sebt.)
24-01-2014 07:19 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Seriously Unserious Offline
The Ninja Dinosaur

RE: Newsletter - 24 Jan 2014 - My company now have a name
I like them both, they're definitely both very suitable for this game. Smile

You seem to already have a good grasp on the direction for the Rough, so I'll focus my comments and ideas on the 2nd one, the Piggeh. From the looks of him, he looks like a heavy weight bruiser, the sort who'd prefer to use a heavy club or axe to bash and hack at his enemies. He also looks like his character flaw would be that he loves to eat and drink -- a lot. IE he should get hungry and thirsty very quickly. His favorite pastime would be eating and drinking in the bar and whenever anything gets in the way of him and his mean and pints and he gets very ornery.

When not bashing and smashing something he'll be in the bar eating and drinking and telling everyone else in the bar all about his latest bashing and smashing.

I love that new name and logo you came up with. Dancing Devils or DD for short.

Just for fun some Spanish translations of that name would be:
Baile de Diablos (dance of devils)
Diablos Danzantes (Devil Dancers)
[Image: 11619898803_7d3a89e6bd_n.jpg]
The Golden One!
(This post was last modified: 24-01-2014 08:07 PM by Seriously Unserious.)
24-01-2014 07:32 PM
Mello Tonin Offline
Guru O' Mello

I agree with SU here, and that was a great video, btw. I think it does a good job explaining the game, while still being short enough even those with the shortest of attention spans should be able to sit through it.

An additional point to Piggeh, I think this guy would also be good as a cook as well. He looks like he could definitely put a dent in some food and would be really good at making it in turn.

Oh, and nice job on the new Company name and logo!
(This post was last modified: 24-01-2014 07:51 PM by Mello Tonin.)
24-01-2014 07:50 PM
Rasmus Offline
Main developer of Dwelvers
Dwelvers Developers

Thanks, but I got a lot of help from burning pet with the logo and the name Smile

So if I were to combine your ideas I could see the Piggeh with a meat cleaver and a chefs hat Tongue
24-01-2014 10:09 PM
The Ninja Dinosaur

HAHAHA! What a picture that paints. Could you imagine them in aprons too! Tongue HAHAHA

Of course, don't forget that they have 2 hands and while one might be holding a meat cleaver, the other will be holding a shank of meat or a mug of ale. These guys gotta have their food and drink, after all, and lots of both. Wink

Maybe we could have some sort of Chef Ramsey like character who shows up out of nowhere whenever they botch a meal and yell at them too... Tongue
The Golden One!
24-01-2014 11:17 PM
Sebt Offline
The Evil Admin
Evil Admins

Piggeh = Pig Cheef? Something like this, but plus hat?
[Image: pig-butcher-coloured.jpg]

Well crazy. I think also it's a little too bit muscular, maybe if would look more like this, but a little more fat?
[Image: muscle_pig_supervillain_in_action_by_ani...61x9rq.jpg]

Current is quite hmm, you know has big muscles, but huge belly, looks hilarious and that's funny, but IMO a little too big. Big Grin

What do you think about Rough? Smile
I support The Venus Project & Resource-Based Economy - The feasible plan to get rid of scarcity, poverty, and other incoming global issues.
24-01-2014 11:32 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Mello Tonin Offline
Guru O' Mello

(24-01-2014 10:09 PM)Rasmus Wrote:  So if I were to combine your ideas I could see the Piggeh with a meat cleaver and a chefs hat Tongue

Yes!!! I like the haunch of meat in the other hand too. Maybe also tone down the musculature a bit like Sebt was saying, if I understood that right.
25-01-2014 01:02 AM
The Ninja Dinosaur

Actually, yeah, IMO their muscles would be hidden under their fat anyways. But I disagree that they're too fat, IMO they should be fat, it fits their being part pig and gives the perfect opportunity to give then a funny character quirk, that fist in with the whole idea of darkly humorous, without being too bad-ass, but also not too silly either.

Maybe fatten up the arms and shoulders a bit so they look like strong, but fat, lazy gluttons.

I'm thinking with these guys on your side you'll need to be doing the Tricky, get all the fish you can, you're gonna need it just to almost keep up with their appetites. Tongue
The Golden One!
25-01-2014 02:27 AM
Mello Tonin Offline
Guru O' Mello

(25-01-2014 02:27 AM)Seriously Unserious Wrote:  ...they should be fat, it fits their being part pig...
Maybe fatten up the arms and shoulders a bit so they look like strong, but fat, lazy gluttons.

This makes sense. They should look strong, but not in a toned sort of way. Their strength comes from being able to grab a cow by its hindquarters and eat it like a chicken leg.
25-01-2014 03:08 AM
The Ninja Dinosaur

Lol, yeah, I pity the foolish big bad wolf that tries to huff and puff and blow this Piggeh's house down.

Orc: Peggeh, what's for dinner tonight?
Piggeh: Big Bad Wolf steaks. Tomorrow it's wolf soup.

Tongue
The Golden One!
25-01-2014 05:38 AM
Sebt Offline
The Evil Admin
Evil Admins

(25-01-2014 05:38 AM)Seriously Unserious Wrote:  Lol, yeah, I pity the foolish big bad wolf that tries to huff and puff and blow this Piggeh's house down.

Orc: Peggeh, what's for dinner tonight?
Piggeh: Big Bad Wolf steaks. Tomorrow it's wolf soup.

Tongue

Or:
Orc: Piggeh, what's for dinner tonight?
Piggeh: Today I have something special. It's You!
I support The Venus Project & Resource-Based Economy - The feasible plan to get rid of scarcity, poverty, and other incoming global issues.
25-01-2014 12:29 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
The Ninja Dinosaur

That would be on the 3rd night, when he's run out of wolf. Wink
The Golden One!
25-01-2014 06:52 PM
Club Sandbox Offline
Belgian Game Vlogger

RE:
Wow nice craeture, she (lol yes she, she have tities x) ! ) what you say "DM" is the only female, you have wrong Ramus you got this sHe Pig !
Nice work Smile.
~ French Fan site Community, manager.
[Image: 195677userbarfactoriofofoxav.png]
~ Looking for Sandbox games ? look my Blog or youtube (Eng sub soon)
[Image: 176032userbarclubsandboxxavfofo.png]
13-06-2014 05:20 PM
The Ninja Dinosaur

RE:
LOL, I think in this case, those are meant to be man-boobs, you know, the kind that form on a fat guy? Tongue
The Golden One!
14-06-2014 05:11 PM
Sebt Offline
The Evil Admin
Evil Admins

RE:
Well, possible indeed it is, that we will have males and females, but this Piggeh is definitely a male. Wink
14-06-2014 09:34 PM