My New Idea Creature Mechanic - Assign Squads
Assign Squads

Info
Currently there are suggestions such as Mellow Tonin's Suggestion here and Sebt's and DaW both also have suggestions about equipping creatures that could benefit from the ability to assign creatures into logical groupings.

By being able to build Squads, you could group creatures together so they always share orders. Thus creatures such as orcs who are warrior types would march about the dungeon together, eat together and sleep together if assigned as a squad. This feature could be further refined by enabling the rally flag to be attuned to specific squads, so all warriors don't always all charge to the rally flag, leaving other parts of your dungeon totally undefended.

For worker creatures like Imps, this would enable them to be assigned to task categories as a group rather then 1 at a time, speeding up creature management.

Stats
Highlight: Assign creatures to a squad.
Function: Enables setting up permanent groupings for creatures so that those assigned to a group, called a "Squad" will if warriors stay together and do all activities at the same time. Rally flag could be modified to have the option for all warriors to respond, warriors not assigned to any squad, or only specified squads.

Workers could be assigned task categories as a group, saving time and reducing micromanagement.
[Image: 11619898803_7d3a89e6bd_n.jpg]
The Golden One!
Don't forget this too. It may be applicable to other rooms as far as assignments go.
Interesting, even this mechanism could allow to equip groups you've made to equip the same weapons for example.

Added to Ideas & Game Features list. Smile
Spec: Win 10, ATI 7800 HD, res: 1280x1024x75. I support The Venus Project & Resource-Based Economy
Yeah, your suggestions was one of several I had in mind when coming up with this idea. There were something like 3 suggestions all within a short time of each other that are all good, but could add significant micromanagement and I see this as one option to reduce that. You could also use percentages in equipping a squad as well, so let's say you want 60% of your orcs equipped with Swords, and 40% with bows, you could assign say 10 orcs to a squad and have 6 armed with swords, and 4 with bows, so you'd also be able to have a mix of skills in a squad.
[Image: 11619898803_7d3a89e6bd_n.jpg]
The Golden One!