My New Idea Construction Idea - Guard Station
Any orc (for that matter any fighting creature) not assigned to any barracks could just use the nearest free compatible bed that's available. Another options could be that fighters must be assigned to a barracks, but IMO this option could cause problems early in the game, unless there was some sort of "grace period" where this requirement were suspended to give you some time to build the creature care essentials.
[Image: 11619898803_7d3a89e6bd_n.jpg]
The Golden One!
An alert horn or bell would make sense here too and could be manned by an imp. It would auto-set the rally point to the special rally building in the same room as the bell.
[Image: i563hs.png]
No Money, No Poverty, No Crime, No Politicians, No Corruption, No Social Stratification, Strength Based Education, Global Democracy, and True Equality.
A New Social Paradigm: Only Impossible Because of Your Attitude; Only Possible with Your Aspiration Towards a Better World.
You can't spell Humanity without Unity.

Actually, new that you mention that, it reminds me of something I was meaning to suggest here a couple of days ago but forgot. There should be an automatic rally point set to the Dark Mother every time any enemies are attacking her. This rally point should summon all creatures in the dungeon capable of fighting regardless of whey they were doing before, even calling guards to leave their post to respond. A guard standing and guarding a store room or egg nursery won't do you much good if the Dark Mother is about to die.
The Golden One!
Well, I think I will be going in the direction that if the players dungeon is attacked the creatures will go there automatically to defend it, it feels more natural.
^^^ YUP ^^^
(20-02-2014, 10:37 AM)Rasmus Wrote: Well, I think I will be going in the direction that if the players dungeon is attacked the creatures will go there automatically to defend it, it feels more natural.

There should be a shrill sound effect or some kind of alert noise when this happens too I think. Like the mother roaring in pain or something.
No Money, No Poverty, No Crime, No Politicians, No Corruption, No Social Stratification, Strength Based Education, Global Democracy, and True Equality.
A New Social Paradigm: Only Impossible Because of Your Attitude; Only Possible with Your Aspiration Towards a Better World.

^^^^^ yup ^^^^^
The Golden One!
How about that the player is getting warned by a message Wink If the Dark Mother is attacked I suspect these kind of sounds, but I don't feel that her attachment should be so great to a storage room table for example Tongue
I think you definitely need a message displayed on screen so you can react quickly, and having a audible alert would be cool too, but I think it would be easier to miss an audio cue than a visual cue on the screen.
But harder still to miss would be having both. Wink
The Golden One!
^^ That ^^

Yeah, voice + text message is the best way to go I think.
Rasmus + 1 is another great way to go. Smile
The Golden One!