My New Idea Creature Idea - Bard
This would be so hilarious id it actually became a thing that happens in the game... It could be an Easter egg!
The ballad of the Beowulf bard

Though I'm from the overworld, I'm here to have some fun.
Once I've settled in here, The fun will have begun.
I'll play my music loudly, And be sure that all can hear.
I'll happily stay here a while, So long as you've got beer.:P
(31-01-2014, 10:55 PM)Rikus Khan Wrote: Your wish .. is my command Sir SU.

And may I say .. wow, nice looking shirt today SU!

HAHAHA that was funny.

drakarusbonehelm Wrote:This would be so hilarious id it actually became a thing that happens in the game... It could be an Easter egg!
True that. Big Grin

Rasmus would need to get licensing for that to work, of course, without any suing going on but that is doable.
[Image: 11619898803_7d3a89e6bd_n.jpg]
The Golden One!
It could be part of the Dueling Bards.
Code:
[insert witty text here]
But, if we're gonna have easter eggs .. there needs to be a Chuck Norris one.
Code:
[insert witty text here]
I'm more partial to Jackie Chan myself... Tongue
The Golden One!
(01-02-2014, 01:06 AM)Seriously Unserious Wrote: I'm more partial to Jackie Chan myself... Tongue

Bruce Lee is the master .. but Chuck taught him kicks. Huh, get that? An American taught a Chinese (Bruce was born in America but raised in Hong Kong (British) .. so you call it on his nationality) how to kick like a Korean.

Jackie Chan is pretty dang awesome, but he is first and foremost and actor. He received his primary martial arts training from a drama school. He has learned many skills from his acting and has been taught by masters and even earned at least one black belt. However, he is not trained martial artist and has never competed. I do love his movies and he has earned his tough guys status through doing all his own stunts .. and suffering for it. I don't want to take away anything he has earned .. I love him and his movies too. But, and this is a big ghetto but, he is not a martial artist.

From Wikipedia:
Quote:Norris was defeated in his first two tournaments, dropping decisions to Joe Lewis and Allen Steen and three matches at the International Karate Championships to Tony Tulleners. By 1967 Norris had improved enough that he scored victories over the likes of Lewis, Skipper Mullins, Arnold Urquidez, Victor Moore, Ron Marchini, and Steve Sanders. In early 1968, Norris suffered the tenth and last loss of his career, losing an upset decision to Louis Delgado. On November 24, 1968, he avenged his defeat to Delgado and by doing so won the Professional Middleweight Karate champion title, which he held for six consecutive years.[10] In 1969, he won Karate's triple crown for the most tournament wins of the year, and the Fighter of the Year award by Black Belt Magazine.

Norris made history in 1990 when he was the first Westerner in the documented history of Tae Kwon Do to be given the rank of 8th Degree Black Belt Grand Master.[14] In 1999, Norris was inducted into the Martial Arts History Museum's Hall of Fame. On July 1, 2000, Norris was presented the Golden Lifetime Achievement Award by the World Karate Union Hall of Fame.

Also, Chuck holds these titles, which have been earned:
10th degree black belt Chun Kuk Do - the style/school he created, even if you remove this, the others are no joke.
9th degree black belt Tang Soo Do
8th degree black belt Taekwondo
black belt Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu
black belt Judo

Now, I am not saying Chuck is or was the badest man alive. I am simply showing the difference between and trained martial artist and a trained thespian. Both Jackie and Chuck blur the lines of distinction between the two, however where they started from is dramatically different and it goes to their level of credibility as martial artists and/or actors.

Somehow, I think this conversation has devolved from Bard to Bad-ass.
Code:
[insert witty text here]
For me the all time favorite though, has to be Noriyuki "Pat" Morita.

"Wax on, wax off" is such classic line.

Yeah, it seems we've hijacked this thread way off-topic. Tongue
The Golden One!
Yeah, that was pretty epic .. like our derailing of this train of thought.
Code:
[insert witty text here]
HAHAHA, yeah, our whole train of thought comes down to a Japanese American teaching an Italian Amarican how they wax a car in Okinawa. Tongue
The Golden One!
The Karate Kid trilogy is my alltime favorite. For nearly the whole of the year 2000, I watched part II every week, without fail, with a buddy. Best movies ever.
There's actually 4 Karate Kid movies with Pat Morita. In the 4th karate kid moving he's teaching a girl karate. That one's called The Next Karate Kid. That one also had Michael Ironside as the villain, that guy makes a great villain IMO.
The Golden One!
I don't consider the 4th to be canon. It's clearly not an extension of the trilogy, but rather a clumsy cash grab. Terrible.

I hate to derail this thread even more! You know, I like the idea of a gorilla with a banjo. I don't think it fits well with the world, but you never know!
(06-02-2014, 05:29 PM)CobraMode Wrote: I hate to derail this thread even more! You know, I like the idea of a gorilla with a banjo. I don't think it fits well with the world, but you never know!

[Image: gorilla.banjo.jpg]
You have no idea how many results you can get typing banjo gorilla in google graphic.
Spec: Win 10, ATI 7800 HD, res: 1280x1024x75. I support The Venus Project & Resource-Based Economy
(06-02-2014, 05:29 PM)CobraMode Wrote: I don't consider the 4th to be canon. It's clearly not an extension of the trilogy, but rather a clumsy cash grab. Terrible.

I hate to derail this thread even more! You know, I like the idea of a gorilla with a banjo. I don't think it fits well with the world, but you never know!

LOL, we kinda hijacked this thread with OT postings for a while there didn't we? Tongue

@Sebt: Cute pic. Wink

Now, let's see how a drum wielding gorilla would look like, there was some disussion before we went off the rails about the gorillas wielding drums, the royal bards wielding flutes or pipes and the neutral bards/minstrels/troubadours wielding guitars or lutes or something like that.
The Golden One!
(06-02-2014, 09:41 PM)Sebt Wrote: You have no idea how many results you can get typing banjo gorilla in google graphic.

Whew, I needed a good rofl!
Code:
[insert witty text here]