My New Idea Creature Mechanic - Grabbing creatures
You could write to EA if you can use it :-)
Of course it would be cool to slap the creatures ( Everyone love it:-) ).
But i think dwelvers should not be a copy of Dungeon Keeper, its need their own character. Inspiration and similarities are nice but not necessary.

Maybe instead of slaping the Imps, could threaten the Imps. A beautiful dark voices when threating with an threatening finger or something.
The Imp are afraid, trembles and goes immediately with great motivation back to work. Just a thought :-)

Cheers
Topper
Yeah, I can't deny the fact that it is fun slapping imps Tongue
But I think what makes it fun is that the player by doing so knows that he is "The Boss", and that his minions can't do anything about it. So if we are going down that road I would like to focus on what makes the player feel like he owns and have full control over his minions besides slapping them?
Yeah, I can understand why you want to do different things than dungeon keeper in that aspect. I don't know what you could do to more indirectly punish minions though.
Slapping imps is fun feature however it's too much Dungeon Keeper-ish. Ea maybe have let WFTO to do it, but they do nothing without the reason. Wink Maybe we could also make a spell or spells (or just something like Hand Tool set) with we could punish our minions. :]
Still we don't know if we will have a Hand as hand like in DK, ATM it doesn't have any special purposes except being a funny cursor.

Spell Move to Dark Mother (we'll we won't built towns Tongue), like Audience in DK 1, but for single creature is a good idea.

Oh and added this idea to Ideas & Game Features list.
Spec: Win 10, ATI 7800 HD, res: 1280x1024x75. I support The Venus Project & Resource-Based Economy
Maybe we could solve it with a spell, which one applies to a single Creature. The Dark Mother Scream or something.
A terrible cry or noise from the Dark Mother who puts the selected Imp/creature in fear and "horror" which fighting / digging for his life.
(10-02-2014, 07:22 PM)TopperHarley Wrote: Maybe we could solve it with a spell, which one applies to a single Creature. The Dark Mother Scream or something.
A terrible cry or noise from the Dark Mother who puts the selected Imp/creature in fear and "horror" which fighting / digging for his life.

Now for that I'll give you a point for originality TH!Cool

I finally found the other thread discussing a solution to the problem of imps going where you don't want them to go:
http://forum.dwelvers.com/showthread.php?tid=593
[Image: 11619898803_7d3a89e6bd_n.jpg]
The Golden One!
I do like that idea, it is like the player telling the dark mother to learn the creatures a lesson Tongue
(10-02-2014, 01:38 AM)Rasmus Wrote: I agree that being able to pick up creatures and drop them at certain locations where they are needed is a fun feature.

I think this is the best reason to do it. I would like to see it limited to imps only, that will allow players to start taking territory or smashing blocks immediately, and for quick retrieval of corpses, but will limit the breaking feature of drop all creatures on every threat in DK. You are correct that makes DK less fun.
Although I found I pretty much had to use that feature in DK, since the heroes just ignored my dungeon tunneling and just dug straight through the rock walls right to my dungeon hart, so if I didn't take full advantage of this feature, the heroes would be smashing my dungeon hart before any of my fighters would be anywhere near them to fight them. IMO that was a game-breaking flaw that pretty much make laying devious tunnels, traps and strategic placement of lairs pretty much meaningless when they'd just go and dig right past all that, no problem.
The Golden One!
(13-02-2014, 10:21 AM)Seriously Unserious Wrote: Although I found I pretty much had to use that feature in DK, since the heroes just ignored my dungeon tunneling
If we get our guard post and extra rally flags for different squads, we can manage the onslaught they have planned for us. I hope.
yup, expecially with the wall of cannons and dynamite I'm planning, all with movable walls to trap the invading onslaught in the line of fire of the cannons for a while. Of course, it also helps that the invading onslaught can't dig around all our devious traps like they could in DK. Wink
The Golden One!
(10-02-2014, 08:29 AM)Seriously Unserious Wrote: Also, another thing that would be very helpful would be to click on a construction job and set the priority for that one specific job to a different priority. Say choose between "high" medium" "low" or "paused" so I can control when things are built if something's urgently needed right now, which another construction project can wait until some imp has nothing better to do.

YES!!! Please say you already made the Suggestion topic, I'm 50% through getting caught back up here.

Also concerning Imp Slap...I have voiced my opinion a couple times on this, and it keeps coming up so I won't beat that dead horse. Going along with the Dark Mother picking on Imps, go here!
(17-02-2014, 09:09 PM)Mello Tonin Wrote:
(10-02-2014, 08:29 AM)Seriously Unserious Wrote: Also, another thing that would be very helpful would be to click on a construction job and set the priority for that one specific job to a different priority. Say choose between "high" medium" "low" or "paused" so I can control when things are built if something's urgently needed right now, which another construction project can wait until some imp has nothing better to do.

YES!!! Please say you already made the Suggestion topic, I'm 50% through getting caught back up here.

I'll do that now. Smile
The Golden One!
(10-02-2014, 04:19 AM)mishko Wrote: Are we at least going to be able to slap creatures?

I think a slap-like structure would help alleviate this problem. A burn with some bloom effects would be prettier, fit the game profile better, and just be cooler. Big Grin
[Image: i563hs.png]
No Money, No Poverty, No Crime, No Politicians, No Corruption, No Social Stratification, Strength Based Education, Global Democracy, and True Equality.
A New Social Paradigm: Only Impossible Because of Your Attitude; Only Possible with Your Aspiration Towards a Better World.
You can't spell Humanity without Unity.

I have been a little torn lately to be honest.. The reason is the rooms and assigning workers to them, it would be so cool if the player could just pick up and drop creatures in whatever room he wants them to work in.