New Feature! Creature Idea - Cyclotaur
A little preview of the Cyclotaur Smile He will roam the dungeon mazes!

[Image: CyclotaurCharge.png]

The idea is to have some mazes randomly spread out in the dungeon where these creatures lives. The mazes will have their own Maya inspired walls and floors so that the player knows when he have entered a dangerous zone and may have to flee. But for those that manage to kill of the Cyclotaurs and solve the maze will be truly rewarded!

[Image: CyclotaurSupriced.png]

As you can see here the 3D artist haven't spend a lot of time making it possible for the creature to display different facial moods. Exactly what I'm looking for in all the creatures, as much personality as possible Smile
Whoahh, ha ha, crazy bull with one big eye. Big Grin
I could imagine when he ruhes onto enemy smashing them and punching in his insanity \@o@/
Spec: Win 10, ATI 7800 HD, res: 1280x1024x75. I support The Venus Project & Resource-Based Economy
Hopefully accompanied by earthshaking, and blood curdling snorts/bellows. I'm guessing the maze will be rock which you can't mine?
Maze could be full of web of corridors, but why don't to make Maze as locations, where there are many confusing, the end, short/long corridors. These place could have special wall ornaments, lights and of course crestures like Cyclotaur. Dungeons are great... can hide so many secrets... OK, but turning back to reality that point could be key in some campaign map or skirmish map (as Cyclotaur could be with his abilities).

So we open a discusion about Cyclotaur, but Rasmus what can You say about him more if it comes to his abilities?
Spec: Win 10, ATI 7800 HD, res: 1280x1024x75. I support The Venus Project & Resource-Based Economy
Mayhaps his walls won't be mine-able until he's dead, but when he is, they'll be mine-able AND also give off special resources?

"We eat all parts of the bull."
"Go, go, Potato!" ~Mello Tonin
LOL!!! Nice signature!
So I was returning to this because something about the Cyclotaur bothered me yesterday, but I wasn't sure exactly what it was at the moment. Looking at this again, and I know this is silly but it's hard to take the character seriously as a threat with pink man-nipples and a lack of genitalia. Now I'm not suggesting that we give this guy a bullish man pipe, but perhaps giving him some armor that definitely covers up those nips and has lower armor that implies he has a pair might make me take this guy a bit more seriously. Maybe also give this guy a mallet even though if it came charging at you, the mallet would be the least of your concerns.

*Just my two cents...
I think it would be good to give him some armor, but I like this minotaur in this form, maybe could be more furry, closer to bison. Big Grin
Anyway armors are planned to be, so every creatures could have armors. I loved that in the most of DMGs creatures doesn't have any armor, so looks more natural. Smile
Well, all the creatures will have something equipped that separates them from eachother.. Just look at the impazees, some of them have helmets, some of them have a different hair, ear rings, bracer's and so on.. We will probably do something like that with this creature as well, so maybe some of them will look ridicules and others not Wink
Just to add, the shading in-game is very different from the shading in these pictures, so he will get a more "dark" appearance once he enters. My idea is as I said before having him walk the Maya inspired mazes, the mazes will be dig-able, but it will take a long time.. And performing such an action will attract the Cyclotaurs to the location.

- One of the attacks will be a bulls-rush which can't be stopped and will throw all the enemies in his way far far away.
- He will also be able to slam his hoves into the ground creating earthquakes that pushes back all the close-by enemies and damaging them.
- As a part cyclops he will love throwing big boulders that will roll down the maze flattening anything it touches.
- And as all creatures he will have standard melee attack.

I've also been thinking about adding some hydraulics to the Maze, so that the imps can walk into traps. Or having some of the walls moving Smile
Yea, it should be very deadly, nasty and bully Mazzzze Big Grin
I though about ancient labirynths or catacombs in that kind of game. Mysterious and deadly locations really raise the fun of playing the game.
(25-09-2013, 08:29 PM)Rasmus Wrote: - One of the attacks will be a bulls-rush which can't be stopped and will throw all the enemies in his way far far away.
- He will also be able to slam his hoves into the ground creating earthquakes that pushes back all the close-by enemies and damaging them.
- As a part cyclops he will love throwing big boulders that will roll down the maze flattening anything it touches.
- And as all creatures he will have standard melee attack.

That all sounds good and logical. The boulders he hurls, you're not thinking one hit kills like the DK boulder trap, or will it just do significant damage?
That would be a big ball of sh*t!.... nah, just kidding. I wonder from what he would bring stones and throw onto the enemy. It will depend on object close to him or he will just throw stones like Impanzees doing it in current state of the game?
(25-09-2013, 10:33 PM)Sebt Wrote: I wonder from what he would bring stones and throw onto the enemy.

I think the foot stomp AoE could produce a chance to drop boulder from ceiling. That would make sense especially if it is a high/critical hit attack. This would reduce the chance it would be triggered vs melee/charge/stomp.
(25-09-2013, 10:33 PM)Sebt Wrote: I wonder from what he would bring stones and throw onto the enemy.

(26-09-2013, 12:33 AM)Mello Tonin Wrote: I think the foot stomp AoE could produce a chance to drop boulder from ceiling.

What he said!

Now that's efficient answering Wink
Well, the boulder would be big, but how big? Either it will roll on the ground, but I would prefer a bouncing projectile path. If the boulder is thrown with enough strength it wouldn't need to be so heavy to make the enemies fall on their behinds.

And here's the prof Big Grin
[Image: imgb0001.png]
Energy = Mass x Velocity squared / 2?

I haven't been in a physics class in 15 years...