Impression This game is awesome
Hey guys, I just wanted to say, I preordered and downloaded 0.6c and love it. It is stable, fun right now, and has so many fun possibilities in it for all to explore. I really look forward to where you take the game. The art direction and tone are great, the coding is efficient (big dungeons work) and no crashes, and to be honest the full 3d nature of the dungeons is just brilliant, and the music and sound effects are perfect for the genre.

I can't wait for the next version! I hope we have some "Deeper Dungeons" in our future.
Hi damiant,
Welcome to the forum, and thank you for your kind words Smile

Deeper dungeons? You mean like digging below the solid rock at the bottom and reach a hell like environment with lava streams and demons throwing fireballs and maybe have the chance to meet the devil himself?
Maybe Wink
Welcome to the forums, damiant! Cool

@Rasmus: please, that would be so great... Big Grin
[Image: 11619898803_7d3a89e6bd_n.jpg]
The Golden One!
HELLo damiant, thanks for kind words and welcome to the community! Smile

I wonder too, what do you mean by Deeper Dungeons, because it's also a Dungeon Keeper 1 extension, but if is it like this:

[Image: 9levels_rgb.jpg]

I'm on it! Big Grin
Maybe there would be somewhere below evilness that would like to be more evil than us? Very hot and unpleasant places and new enemies. :]

Awaiting your suggestions, bug reports and thoughts about Dwelvers. Wink
Spec: Win 10, ATI 7800 HD, res: 1280x1024x75. I support The Venus Project & Resource-Based Economy
Sorry for the late reply, I had Minotaur to deal with!

Yes I am a big fan of Peter, and Dungeon Keeper in particular. I own 1, 2, and DD, and they are all here within arms reach Smile.

You ask for bug reports: only this one I notice so far is an imp just got stuck trying to transport my dead orc back to the mother when it had to go up a large of circular staircase of blocks. The poor guy kept trying to find a path but failed and went back to idle, then went crazy trying over and over again until the corpse rotted away.

As for suggestions for features: some way to group orcs into squads for multiple rally points, an alarm list / go to alarm feature when combat happens, and a lookout post room that would be manned by an orc to set off an alarm when an opponent comes.

Oh and picking up /moving imps would be great.
damiant Wrote:As for suggestions for features: some way to group orcs into squads for multiple rally points, an alarm list / go to alarm feature when combat happens, and a lookout post room that would be manned by an orc to set off an alarm when an opponent comes.

Do you mean something like Assign Squads?
The Golden One!
Oh I thought maybe you thought about Deeper part of underworld, I even found suitable music for these realms Big Grin

Made by Hybrid (my favourite band ever)

BTW, hmm, I can't found report a bug of what you said, that mean... it's something new arghhh! Big Grin
Would you like to report it in Bugs, Issues & Crashes forum? Will help us sorting everything out. Smile

Also about suggestion, yes that's great idea. We discuss rally flag already in different threads, here you can read about what Rasmus is going to do: http://forum.dwelvers.com/showthread.php?tid=518 , but yea about grouping creatures is something HERE, but I can't find anything in association with rally flag, so if you want please post a full suggestion in new thread and you can use templates (check Suggestion Templates, Guideline & The BIG List of Ideas) for this - will help you working out with your suggestion and helps us very much to make it in made by us scheme. Smile

Idea for post room has been already suggested HERE.

About picking up, grabbing creatures we're talking about suggested HERE, hot topic. Wink

I hope you join one of more of these discussions and share your thoughts with us either. Smile
Spec: Win 10, ATI 7800 HD, res: 1280x1024x75. I support The Venus Project & Resource-Based Economy
I found a discussion from a while back on modifying the rally flag:
http://forum.dwelvers.com/showthread.php...rally+flag

@Sebt: that musical style would be perfect for the deepest depths of the underworld. Perhaps we could use your pit of the damned idea as a portal into this area. If your imps have claimed the pit of the damned, then several things can happen:

If you have a very high amount of evil points, that could start attracting a few underworld/hellworld creatures to start spawning from the Pit. some could be coming to offer you their services, others to "eliminate the competition."

If you throw creatures into the Pit, it could attract the attention of specific hellworld denizens who would either appear for a finite time to serve you, or be permanently summoned to your service, depending on the quality of the offerings compared to your EPs and the power of the hellworld creature being summoned..

You can send your minions down into the Pit to invade and conquer the hellworld, which would stop hostiles from spawning from the Pit.

More ideas could be discussed on this in a new topic.
The Golden One!
Hmm I like that even better than my idea of making evil creatures fom sacrifice, this even could be direct portal to hell. ATM Pit of the Damned got 3 suggestions how to use, yours, mine for just sacrificing creatures to get some resources and that I mentioned above here, will see. Smile
Deeper Dungeons would be so awesome! Great idea! Thus there would be the upper level with heroes, lower levels with demons, and us keepers between them trying to survive all the assaults? Sounds great Big Grin
This may actually be shaping up into a "choose a side" type of game where we end up being either good, evil or neutral based on the decisions we make and how we play the game. I don't think that's anything near what Rasmus had in mind at the start, back when this project was still known as "Dwelvers" but that seems to be the almost inevitable direction it's creeping in. Big Grin

Hmm, what I just mentioned gave me an idea, we could earn a tittle at the end of the game, and each title could be different, depending on how we played the game and won, with different possible paths to victory.

For example, if you play the role of the evil underworld lord and conquer the underworld, you become the Keeper of the Underworld

If you manage to conquer the overworld, you become the Keeper of the Land

If you conquer the hell world you become the Keeper of Hell

If you become end up staying Neutral throughout the game you become the Keeper of the Fates and serve as the mediator between the good surface dwellers and the evil hell dwellers.

If you end up becoming good, you become the Keeper of the Peace

Any other ideas of alternate endings?
The Golden One!
Ah, what a wonderful thread to read! Thank you for the links to relevant threads.

Yes, I love this: "This may actually be shaping up into a "choose a side" type of game where we end up being either good, evil or neutral based on the decisions we make and how we play the game. I don't think that's anything near what Rasmus had in mind at the start, back when this project was still known as "Dwelvers" but that seems to be the almost inevitable direction it's creeping in. "

It is like another game by Peter: Black and White. woot! Now if you could incorporate that into effects that like change the color of your creatures, or what they say, or how they behave. Oh my, the possibilities for fun programming.
Yes, I'd say those ideas open up a whole new world of possibilities...
The Golden One!
Rasmus Wrote:Deeper dungeons? You mean like digging below the solid rock at the bottom and reach a hell like environment with lava streams and demons throwing fireballs and maybe have the chance to meet the devil himself?
Maybe Wink

(13-02-2014, 04:15 AM)Seriously Unserious Wrote: This may actually be shaping up into a "choose a side" type of game where we end up being either good, evil or neutral based on the decisions we make and how we play the game. I don't think that's anything near what Rasmus had in mind at the start, back when this project was still known as "Dwelvers" but that seems to be the almost inevitable direction it's creeping in. Big Grin

Hmm, what I just mentioned gave me an idea, we could earn a tittle at the end of the game, and each title could be different, depending on how we played the game and won, with different possible paths to victory.

For example, if you play the role of the evil underworld lord and conquer the underworld, you become the Keeper of the Underworld

If you manage to conquer the overworld, you become the Keeper of the Land

If you conquer the hell world you become the Keeper of Hell

If you become end up staying Neutral throughout the game you become the Keeper of the Fates and serve as the mediator between the good surface dwellers and the evil hell dwellers.

If you end up becoming good, you become the Keeper of the Peace

Any other ideas of alternate endings?

I knew I shouldn't have said anything Tongue
Not yet anyways Wink
hahahaha. One thing to consider, if you do go that route, it would definitely end the "this is just another dungeon keeper clone" line for good. It may have been inspired by DK but it would then go in its own direction entirely. Wink
The Golden One!