My New Idea Animal Idea - Earthworm
Earthworm

Earthworm

Info
Since Dwelvers is lacking a life-based resources ( which blood, bones or any innards from dead creatures is possible ), I decided to post an idea which does not only expand the types of resources but also to bring a more lively setup to the underground where your minions live. This earthworms can be used as a unit and building resources. For example, a creature who needs earthworm in order to be summoned and live on your dungeon ( their food for short ) and a building which needs earthworm in order to be built ( could be a new type of farm where a different type of plant needs earthworm in order to grow ).

Appearance
[Image: caecilian-and-earthworm-vl.jpg]

Stats
Highlight: Serves as a unit and building resources
Function: It can be used as food or a material needed for building dungeon buildings
Item Type: Resource
Cost: N/A
Place: Ground ( Depth 1 - 3, the more deep, the more larger on size and less on quantity )
HMM, this could solve some of the limited resources problems discussed in other threads about how to create creatures, especially if these worms could be bread in a farm building, as well as found in the wild. I could see these also functioning as an enhancement resource for antroots, making them grow faster due to the worms aerating and fertilizing the soil. +1
[Image: 11619898803_7d3a89e6bd_n.jpg]
The Golden One!
The earthworms can also be used for new types of plants that are more bigger.

Thanks for the +1!
No problem, that tends to happen when you post ideas and get the creative juices flowing.

Even if the juice flowing right now is wormguts! Tongue
The Golden One!
Hahahaha! You're literally right!
Hah, I'll put a new template for animals and should be hurry for doing this. Big Grin
Yea living things dwelling in Dungeon which you could use would be interesting resources that could sometimes help when you're lacking of some.

Edit: Well, I created Animal category and added this to Ideas & Game Features list.
Spec: Win 10, ATI 7800 HD, res: 1280x1024x75. I support The Venus Project & Resource-Based Economy
You better hurry Sebt, the lack of effective animal templates is holding us all back from making more suggestions! Tongue
The Golden One!
This is a good idea, we have already planned rats and bats, worms is something that definitely belongs in a dungeon as well Smile
I also have plans to suggest wolves and making a serious suggestion for bears and alligators or crocodiles. I'll also be suggesting pigs or cows as well, we'll need something to be a source of leather for the workshops as they get expanded. I'll also have to re-post my idea for item development trees, as the original unfortunately got deleted.
The Golden One!
That is an idea, we will need leather in the game, and it should probably be farm-able, so we would need to farm a animal with a strong enough skin that could work as leather. Because I am having problem seeing cows being captured and farmed in the dungeon, even if we could use the antroots as food for them.
Hey Rasmus... Do you plan to create another type of plant? Is it bigger? If it is, then you could this earthworm as one of the building recipes needed to build and plant it.
(14-02-2014, 02:15 AM)Rasmus Wrote: That is an idea, we will need leather in the game, and it should probably be farm-able, so we would need to farm a animal with a strong enough skin that could work as leather. Because I am having problem seeing cows being captured and farmed in the dungeon, even if we could use the antroots as food for them.

Yeah, cows would probably be something you'd only get by raiding above ground farms for them, and only to kill them right away for the meat and leather.

For farming your own meat and leather producing animals, I'd say pigs would work nicely, and could be a combining creature to gain access to the Piggeh too. But for the farming, I could see pigs doing alright underground and living off of antroots quite well.
The Golden One!
(14-02-2014, 02:57 AM)joshuageorpe Wrote: Hey Rasmus... Do you plan to create another type of plant? Is it bigger? If it is, then you could this earthworm as one of the building recipes needed to build and plant it.

Very possible, haven't come that far yet so that I feel like other plants are necessary at the moment, but they will probably be in the future Smile

(14-02-2014, 09:41 AM)Seriously Unserious Wrote:
(14-02-2014, 02:15 AM)Rasmus Wrote: That is an idea, we will need leather in the game, and it should probably be farm-able, so we would need to farm a animal with a strong enough skin that could work as leather. Because I am having problem seeing cows being captured and farmed in the dungeon, even if we could use the antroots as food for them.

Yeah, cows would probably be something you'd only get by raiding above ground farms for them, and only to kill them right away for the meat and leather.

For farming your own meat and leather producing animals, I'd say pigs would work nicely, and could be a combining creature to gain access to the Piggeh too. But for the farming, I could see pigs doing alright underground and living off of antroots quite well.

A pig farm would be perfect for this game as it originate back to my previous ideas of having farm animals, and also, it would big a good building resource for the punching pig at the training room Smile +1 to you Wink
hmm, yes, there is that also, those training pigs gotta come from somewhere. As for another plant type, I'd say something fibrous that could be used to produce cloth for the tailor workstation to produce different items out of cloth. This would also require a weaver's station too to produce cloth out of the raw fibers too though, but then, that's part of what this game's supposed to be about anyways, managing a dungeon, your minions, fighting off your enemies, conquering the known world, and managing production chains. IMO the main reason why the Settlers part of the game's been going unnoticed so far is the lack of Settlers like production chains.
The Golden One!
Using plants for clothes is a good idea as well.
The settlers like production chain will get there, but I have to focus on getting the foundations of the game finished first before I start putting in new productions. Otherwise I may end up having to redo it all :S