Nick:  
Pass:     
Help Register

Hello I'm TacticBlack! Better late than never!
TacticBlack Offline
Tactical Dungeoneer
Dwelvers Voice Actors

Hello I'm TacticBlack! Better late than never!
Hey all, everything I have experienced within this community has been positive and conducive to a productive environment for ideas, banter, goofing off, and developing all of the previously mentioned XD. I have a feeling this game will go places. Rasmus, that's one hell of a back-end already, especially for you doing it alone! Burningpet, can't wait to see more art and design. Everyone, we have some really enthusiastic people with some really good ideas. Glad to be a part of this. Tactic out.
[Image: i563hs.png]
No Money, No Poverty, No Crime, No Politicians, No Corruption, No Social Stratification, Strength Based Education, Global Democracy, and True Equality.
A New Social Paradigm: Only Impossible Because of Your Attitude; Only Possible with Your Aspiration Towards a Better World.
You can't spell Humanity without Unity.

18-02-2014 02:34 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Seriously Unserious Offline
The Ninja Dinosaur

RE: Hello I'm TacticBlack! Better late than never!
Now that you've posted here, I'll say it officially here:

Welcome to the Dwelvers community, TacticBlack: Cool
You've already been contriburing to this community with great ideas so all I can say here is keep it up. Smile
[Image: 11619898803_7d3a89e6bd_n.jpg]
The Golden One!
18-02-2014 04:09 AM
TacticBlack Offline
Tactical Dungeoneer
Dwelvers Voice Actors

(18-02-2014 04:09 AM)Seriously Unserious Wrote:  Now that you've posted here, I'll say it officially here:

Welcome to the Dwelvers community, TacticBlack: Cool
You've already been contriburing to this community with great ideas so all I can say here is keep it up. Smile

Thanks brotha Cool
No Money, No Poverty, No Crime, No Politicians, No Corruption, No Social Stratification, Strength Based Education, Global Democracy, and True Equality.
A New Social Paradigm: Only Impossible Because of Your Attitude; Only Possible with Your Aspiration Towards a Better World.

18-02-2014 05:48 AM
TacticBlack Offline
Tactical Dungeoneer
Dwelvers Voice Actors

I have a lot of free time currently since I quit my job so I post on whatever I find. I get bored going from 60-80 hour work weeks to 0 hour work weeks. If anyone knows of some social science research or biomedical research assistant I positions let me know! I am trained in neuroscience formally with clinical EEG, eye-tracking, and marijuana & nicotine clinical study experience. Big Grin

18-02-2014 07:23 AM
The Ninja Dinosaur

That's rough. I recently did a course called "Problems of Work" that got into how neurotic people who don't have something productive to do with their time can get. Just look at the idle rich/poor or places like the Ukrane and the riots that happned there recently due to people not being able to work because of over 40% unemployment. Despite all the rhetoric going around about how evil working is and how desirable being idle is, when faced with the reality of idleness people simply go crazy in one way or another. I'm definitely not in favor of slave-driving but doing activities with a purpose to them is what we are meant to be doing and when we aren't we go crazy.
The Golden One!
18-02-2014 07:49 AM
TacticBlack Offline
Tactical Dungeoneer
Dwelvers Voice Actors

It seems as though I have gone from one extreme to the other. At least the Dwelvers forum will keep my mind busy. Big Grin The game too. I have been developing a better pyramid and finally got a map generation that would allow me to do it. From there I may just strip the landscape bare. and attempt better, more efficient versions.

18-02-2014 09:33 AM
Sebt Offline
The Evil Admin
Evil Admins

Well, nice to see you. Big Grin
Especially that you're TVP supporter. Tongue

Yeah!
I support The Venus Project & Resource-Based Economy - The feasible plan to get rid of scarcity, poverty, and other incoming global issues.
18-02-2014 06:15 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
TacticBlack Offline
Tactical Dungeoneer
Dwelvers Voice Actors

(18-02-2014 06:15 PM)Sebt Wrote:  Well, nice to see you. Big Grin

Yeah!

I believe it is the next logical step. Most people who dont believe it, just don't quite understand the global scale of it I think.

18-02-2014 08:51 PM
Sebt Offline
The Evil Admin
Evil Admins

(18-02-2014 08:51 PM)TacticBlack Wrote:  
(18-02-2014 06:15 PM)Sebt Wrote:  Well, nice to see you. Big Grin

Yeah!

I believe it is the next logical step. Most people who dont believe it, just don't quite understand the global scale of it I think.

That's true. Other just don't want to hear about anything global or just new, TVP needs very strong education program so everyone will get to know in interesting, convincing and activating way about RBE.
I support The Venus Project & Resource-Based Economy - The feasible plan to get rid of scarcity, poverty, and other incoming global issues.
(This post was last modified: 18-02-2014 11:06 PM by Sebt.)
18-02-2014 11:05 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Mello Tonin Offline
Guru O' Mello

Glad you found this game so you have something to do in your free time. I worked from home over a 2 year period and that sometimes felt like being idle a lot. Out of curiosity what were you doing before you quit?
18-02-2014 11:54 PM
TacticBlack Offline
Tactical Dungeoneer
Dwelvers Voice Actors

(18-02-2014 06:15 PM)Sebt Wrote:  That's true. Other just don't want to hear about anything global or just new, TVP needs very strong education program so everyone will get to know in interesting, convincing and activating way about RBE.

It is the only way to know what we are dealing with. Without knowing what resources we have, we won know what we will lose.

(18-02-2014 11:54 PM)Mello Tonin Wrote:  Glad you found this game so you have something to do in your free time. I worked from home over a 2 year period and that sometimes felt like being idle a lot. Out of curiosity what were you doing before you quit?

I managed a company called KantWait LLC. A route based delivery system I helped develop, like a bus for your fast-food. The first outside contractor to deliver McDonald's and Dairy Queen (thanks in part to some negotiating from yours truly Big Grin) and local restaurants, like grub hub but with delivery too. We also did personal shopping from grocery stores. You order online and meet the driver along the route making it much cheaper than standard "taxi" delivery systems.

What I actually did was every job to establish protocol then wrote up the protocol and put out the ads and hired for the positions, I also did the physical advertising and headed the graphic design team, negotiated with local franchises and local businesses about delivering their products, talked to apartments managers and landlords about onsite advertising and stop sign installation as well as maintaining all those relationships, data entry, did website testing and user interface design review. Plus filling in for employees when they were sick and driving the grocery route. Everything that needed to be done. I was only getting paid 400 a week for all that and more that isn't mentioned. I worked 7 days a week with a few weekends and holidays here and there for over 7 months. With nothing to show for it because my superiors, who are from china and don't understand human rights, wage, and labor laws, would not get our payroll up and going. So I've got no recommendation... all that work for pennies and I'm right back where I started.

19-02-2014 03:36 AM
The Ninja Dinosaur

No wonder you quit. I'd have quit that job much sooner for those hours and that lack of reward for what I was doing. I wonder, with management like that, how long that business will last without you there keeping it running.

TacticBlack Wrote:all that work for pennies and I'm right back where I started.

Not entirely, you do have the experience and contacts you gained while working there that you could use to start up your own company doing something along those lines, you already know how to organize it, sell it and manage it. You can very well create your own job and be the boss of your own company, then you can both rake in the profits and treat your employees and management the way people should be treated.
The Golden One!
19-02-2014 08:21 AM
Rasmus Offline
Main developer of Dwelvers
Dwelvers Developers

Hi TacticBlack,
Thanks for your kind words Smile Luckily I like programming and can keep going all day, as long as I am not doing GUI's. For some reason I always get stuck doing them Undecided
I have already seen that you have contributed with many good ideas to the game and hopefully I will have time to implement them soon, but until then, just keep em coming!
And welcome to the forum Big Grin
19-02-2014 08:47 AM
joshuageorpe Offline
Confused!

Well, well, well... it seems there is a new one for this forums.

Well then, welcome to the community then TacticBlack. Hope you can be active or at least find sometime to post here on the forums. It's been getting quite less... well busy. Hope you can give Rasmus some of your suggestions that can help Dwelvers move forward and stick with us often.

Welcome to the Dwelvers forums again.
19-02-2014 02:35 PM
The Ninja Dinosaur

It's gotten quite a bit busier over the past week. I have noticed a bit of a lull starting in late January, but IMO that's mainly because it's been a while since the last update so there's few new but reports to fill and many things have already been suggested, so I think many members are getting into the wait for the next release mode. Once it's out I'm sure we'll see a flood of increased activity here for at least a month afterwords.
The Golden One!
19-02-2014 07:32 PM