Nick:  
Pass:     
Help Register

Hello I'm TacticBlack! Better late than never!
TacticBlack Offline
Tactical Dungeoneer
Dwelvers Voice Actors

RE: Hello I'm TacticBlack! Better late than never!
(19-02-2014 02:35 PM)joshuageorpe Wrote:  Well, well, well... it seems there is a new one for this forums.

Thanks man, glad to be here. Good environment for creativity.

(19-02-2014 08:21 AM)Seriously Unserious Wrote:  No wonder you quit. I'd have quit that job much sooner for those hours and that lack of reward for what I was doing. I wonder, with management like that, how long that business will last without you there keeping it running.

Not entirely, you do have the experience and contacts you gained while working there that you could use to start up your own company doing something along those lines, you already know how to organize it, sell it and manage it. You can very well create your own job and be the boss of your own company, then you can both rake in the profits and treat your employees and management the way people should be treated.

It won't last, they are almost out of money because he wouldn't listen to my advertising strategy and mismanaged funds. Ergo, they are almost out of time. Sucks to see my work go down the tubes but good to see his money wasted in a sort of vindictive way. Angel but seriously, I asked for more money for all the work I am doing, and he said that they don't have it and that the investment is running out... then he bought a Porsche... to which I said "Fuck'em"

(19-02-2014 08:47 AM)Rasmus Wrote:  Hi TacticBlack,
Thanks for your kind words Smile Luckily I like programming and can keep going all day, as long as I am not doing GUI's. For some reason I always get stuck doing them Undecided
I have already seen that you have contributed with many good ideas to the game and hopefully I will have time to implement them soon, but until then, just keep em coming!
And welcome to the forum Big Grin

If you ever want help with GUIs, I'm not much of a programmer, but I have experience giving feedback and testing them and I'm always quick with an idea Big Grin
[Image: i563hs.png]
No Money, No Poverty, No Crime, No Politicians, No Corruption, No Social Stratification, Strength Based Education, Global Democracy, and True Equality.
A New Social Paradigm: Only Impossible Because of Your Attitude; Only Possible with Your Aspiration Towards a Better World.
You can't spell Humanity without Unity.

(This post was last modified: 19-02-2014 08:57 PM by TacticBlack.)
19-02-2014 08:54 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Seriously Unserious Offline
The Ninja Dinosaur

TacticBlack Wrote:It won't last, they are almost out of money because he wouldn't listen to my advertising strategy and mismanaged funds. Ergo, they are almost out of time. Sucks to see my work go down the tubes but good to see his money wasted in a sort of vindictive way. Angel but seriously, I asked for more money for all the work I am doing, and he said that they don't have it and that the investment is running out... then he bought a Porsche... to which I said "Fuck'em"
Sounds like those investors just can't have success and so they unwittingly sabotaged their own business. People like that aren't worth wasting any energy or thoughts on vindictiveness. They're pulling their own bad stuff into themselves anyways. I'd say they quite literally don't know what it is they're doing. By this I mean they are doing things they are unaware they are doing that's causing themselves to fail.

If you look closely, you will notice that one person will constantly make the same mistakes over and over, while another will almost never repeat the same mistake, one will constantly be having "bad luck" while another just seems to make things go right most of the time. The ones who make the same mistakes or experience "bad luck" are invariably the ones who are unethical, angry, fearful, idle and otherwise not very happy or productive people, while the ones who learn from mistakes and make things go right tend to be the hard working, ethical, busy and highly enthusiastic people who are truly happy.
[Image: 11619898803_7d3a89e6bd_n.jpg]
The Golden One!
20-02-2014 04:50 AM
TacticBlack Offline
Tactical Dungeoneer
Dwelvers Voice Actors

(20-02-2014 04:50 AM)Seriously Unserious Wrote:  If you look closely, you will notice that one person will constantly make the same mistakes over and over, while another will almost never repeat the same mistake, one will constantly be having "bad luck" while another just seems to make things go right most of the time. The ones who make the same mistakes or experience "bad luck" are invariably the ones who are unethical, angry, fearful, idle and otherwise not very happy or productive people, while the ones who learn from mistakes and make things go right tend to be the hard working, ethical, busy and highly enthusiastic people who are truly happy.

I feel ya, man. I really don't care anymore, but he's gonna fail. I already know it, so I take solace in that fact.
No Money, No Poverty, No Crime, No Politicians, No Corruption, No Social Stratification, Strength Based Education, Global Democracy, and True Equality.
A New Social Paradigm: Only Impossible Because of Your Attitude; Only Possible with Your Aspiration Towards a Better World.

20-02-2014 08:27 AM
Mello Tonin Offline
Guru O' Mello

Yeah man that sucks, I've worked for a couple IT companies that engaged in pretty much the same behavior. So I took the knowledge I gained there, a few of their clients, and formed my own company. It sounds like you had your hands in a lot of what they were doing, and if you really enjoyed your job despite the slack/selfish ownership and low pay, it might not be a bad idea to become their competition.
20-02-2014 04:47 PM
TacticBlack Offline
Tactical Dungeoneer
Dwelvers Voice Actors

I never signed any contract but I don't have the resources. At least I have an apartment and family that will help me out. My gf worked there too and we both quit.

20-02-2014 07:03 PM
Mello Tonin Offline
Guru O' Mello

That's good that you have family that is supportive. I couldn't do what I do if I didn't have their help to start out. Believe it or not, we started our business out with only a few hundred dollars. That mostly went to permits and other legal junk, but since we were an IT company, all the other stuff was pretty easy to come by and we knew how to get it all set up. Worked out of the garage for almost 4 years until we had the capital to get into a retail front office.

What kind of resources would you need if you were to go into competition with them? That is if you don't mind goin through that.
20-02-2014 08:44 PM
TacticBlack Offline
Tactical Dungeoneer
Dwelvers Voice Actors

For this type of service industry the startup capital would need to be between 100K and 1Mil realistically. Customer service is expensive and so is all the custom equipment. I have designs and inventions for many aspects of the work. A lot of vehicles and vehicle maintenance etc... Lots of 10/hour workers. The idea is not patented and I never signed a non-disclosure/non-competition agreement. lol.

20-02-2014 09:38 PM
The Ninja Dinosaur

Another option you could to is working as a consultant, helping others set up delivery and customer service systems. The overhead and start up costs for that would be quite low, and after you've made enough money doing that you could branch out into other areas of interest to you.
The Golden One!
21-02-2014 09:57 AM
Mello Tonin Offline
Guru O' Mello

Yeah that's a good point SU, and I would make sure if you have developed something useful to that service industry, invest in a patent. That could get you the capital you would need or even better give you the capital to do other things.
21-02-2014 04:13 PM
TacticBlack Offline
Tactical Dungeoneer
Dwelvers Voice Actors

They are only sketches. I don't even have them in a CAD program, in fact I dont even have a CAD program to model them in. I suppose I could use Blender but... meh. I just got an interview at Lowes anyway. (Woot)

21-02-2014 11:10 PM
The Ninja Dinosaur

Good luck. Show them that you're indispensable to their profit margin. Smile
The Golden One!
21-02-2014 11:18 PM
Mello Tonin Offline
Guru O' Mello

Yeah, good luck man.
21-02-2014 11:19 PM
TacticBlack Offline
Tactical Dungeoneer
Dwelvers Voice Actors

Thanks, I appreciate it. I will knock them dead. I have gotten every job I have ever gotten an interview for.

21-02-2014 11:42 PM
Xiemas Offline
Dark Side Member

You said better late than never, so I'm little bit late but I want to so WELCOME! Big Grin
Pyramid of Live
[Image: kEbemdH.png]
28-02-2014 08:53 AM
The Ninja Dinosaur

Better late then never, Xiemas.

I also have to say, welcome back dude. Things just aren't the same when you're not posting regularly, Xiemas.
The Golden One!
28-02-2014 09:06 AM