My New Idea Creature Mechanic - Creature "Genetic" Combination
[Image: wl599j.gif]

Info
This is an expansion of ideas originally expressed in the Giant Mole Rat thread. The purpose of this thread is to brainstorm about methods, appearance, and other details of combining two creatures to form a new creature such as the Ratman (Dana nana nana nana RATMAN!) from another creature such as the Giant Mole Rat.

In order to further develop the rest of the framework for this large mechanic I think we should start by answering some questions based on opinion. To help fill in the HUGE amount of gray area here feel free to elaborate and ideate openly.

Main questions to be answered: (To add to the list of questions please quote the following text and put it at the beginning of your post along with your question: Combo ? Addition)
  1. Should this be done at all?
  2. What should the general nature of the combination be? (Magic, Science, Interspecies Erotica, Super Glue, High Speed Collision, Mountable Creatures [unrelated to Interspecies Erotica] etc...)
  3. What should the method of the combination be? (Specific spell with detail if that's your route, or description of the machine, building, or item and process for combination.)
  4. Should there be multiple natures/methods of combination?
  5. What would the resource cost be like? (I think it would be best to use examples here. Please refer to the Creatures List.)
  6. Should the creatures be similar in order to be combined? If so, how would you break down the existing Creatures List to determine combination compatibility? If no, can you justify the increase in unique unit amount scale for the addition of each new creature?
  7. What traits should be passed on and should it be determined on a case by case basis?

Appearance
To Be Determined

[Image: Gyyp_7.jpg]
Pic.1 Shorse hark

[Image: photoshopchimera-1.jpg]
Pic.2 Felis lampion

Stats
Highlight: Method of combining the DNA/Attributes of two different creatures to form a new creature.
Function: In development. Please refer to the questions posed above as a point of reference, or pose your own and give thoughtful responses. As a potentially large part of the game dynamic, much is left to be discussed, detailed, and expanded upon.
[Image: i563hs.png]
No Money, No Poverty, No Crime, No Politicians, No Corruption, No Social Stratification, Strength Based Education, Global Democracy, and True Equality.
A New Social Paradigm: Only Impossible Because of Your Attitude; Only Possible with Your Aspiration Towards a Better World.
You can't spell Humanity without Unity.

This is definitely something that needs further discussion. We've had some ideas, and some of the already developed creatures in game are done as fusions of other creatures (eg: Cyclotaur = Cyclops + Minotaur)

I am of the mind that Magical fusions in a laboratory and/or temple would be one major method of accomplishing the fusions. This could be the method for creatures that are patently incompatible, such as Human + Rat = Ratman. This obviously has to be done artificially since mating between these 2 species is obviously impossible. In keeping with the genre and setting, I feel science should not play a major role in anything in this game, especially not modern sciences like genetics or atomic theory. Science should be held to the medieval level at best.

For creatures who are similar enough to be compatible, mating could be used to produce such fusions, for example Horse + Donkey = Mule, a real life fusion creature, or Cow + Bison = Beefalo, another real life fusion species. So Cyclotaurs could be made by breeding a minotaur with a cyclops, assuming the base creatures of "minotaur" and "cyclops" are included in the game. Of course minotaurs would themselves be a fusion of a human with a bull or cow. The forthcoming Piggeh could be a fusion of human and pig or orc and pig. Humans and orcs and, if added, elves could all be considered compatible with each other and capable of producing natural fusions with one another. In fact, we could add in compatibility tables to show what creatures are compatible to mate with what other creatures to produce fusions. So, for example a captured human could be fore-mated with an orc to produce an orc-human hybrid creature eg half-orc.

If evil and good meter is added and we are mostly on the side of good such a pairing could even be voluntary and happen spontaneously between our own creatures and our human allies. Such fusions could happen between humanoid and humanoid or between animal and animal.

Of course, I'll need to suggest a new room type for the 1st option to be feasible.
[Image: 11619898803_7d3a89e6bd_n.jpg]
The Golden One!
I can see this work, and it goes well in hand with the current creatures mixes that we have Tongue

The problem is that we would need to have minotaurs and cyclops in the game as SU pointed out. So we will need to be smart here so that we don't add minotaurs and cyclops for the only purpose to mix together to cyclotaurs. When adding a creature it needs to be worth the effort modelling and animating it as well so that you guys don't have to wait a month for two creatures that would just work as ingredients for the Cyclotaur.

What I would like to see here is easy to create ingredients that also could be used with other game mechanics in the game. Cows, pigs and chickens are probably livestock that we will introduce that will work as food, their skin as leather, the feathers to arrows. And from there it is a small step to use them as ingredients to create other creatures as well.
Feathers can also be used to make beds, or to make an upgrade to beds that causes creatures sleeping on such upgraded beds to recover faster.

They can also be used as a decoration or badge of honor, such as this native war bonnet used by the native "tribes in the Great Plains region, such as the Sioux, Crow, Blackfeet, Cheyenne, and Plains Cree. " http://nativeamericanencyclopedia.com/na...arbonnets/

[Image: Feather-Warbonnets.jpg]

or a feathered hat like this:
[Image: il_570xN.344652608.jpg]
Which could be assigned to creatures that have done something to achieve a champion status or got assigned as the leader of a squad or something like that.
The Golden One!
(19-02-2014, 08:13 AM)Rasmus Wrote: What I would like to see here is easy to create ingredients that also could be used with other game mechanics in the game. Cows, pigs and chickens are probably livestock that we will introduce that will work as food, their skin as leather, the feathers to arrows. And from there it is a small step to use them as ingredients to create other creatures as well.

So we could have combinations of livestock. Combine Giant Mole Rat and Cow to get a slower pachyderm, a "Mowra," that produces beef and leather (Where a giant mole rat's combat abilities only allow it to drop leather for example). Then combine chicken and pig to get a "picken", which would drop pork, poultry, and/or feathers. THEN combine the two to get a "Farmera" (farm chimera) which drops all farm supplies: pork, poultry, beef, feathers, and hide making it the most difficult to achieve but with the highest overall reward and space saved. The big question is, would they be able to breed?

(19-02-2014, 09:04 AM)Seriously Unserious Wrote: Feathers can also be used to make beds, or to make an upgrade to beds that causes creatures sleeping on such upgraded beds to recover faster.

They can also be used as a decoration or badge of honor, such as this native war bonnet used by the native "tribes in the Great Plains region, such as the Sioux, Crow, Blackfeet, Cheyenne, and Plains Cree. "

[or feathered fancy hats done in such a way...]Which could be assigned to creatures that have done something to achieve a champion status or got assigned as the leader of a squad or something like that.

I like this, we may wish to have a rarer type of feather for the hat or like a cylotaur horn for it so that it really means something and would be a fancy feather like a peacock or a hawk... or a double hawk... 2x the wings, 4x the terror Muahahahaha! [Image: 10968_600.jpg]
No Money, No Poverty, No Crime, No Politicians, No Corruption, No Social Stratification, Strength Based Education, Global Democracy, and True Equality.
A New Social Paradigm: Only Impossible Because of Your Attitude; Only Possible with Your Aspiration Towards a Better World.

We could even have a fop's hat for any creatures that remain idle for too long. Tongue
The Golden One!
(19-02-2014, 08:19 PM)Seriously Unserious Wrote: We could even have a fop's hat for any creatures that remain idle for too long. Tongue

XD like a dunce hat

1000th post in Ideas & Suggestions!

^^^ Tongue Post Whoring Tongue ^^^

TacticBlack Wrote:XD like a dunce hat
Sort of, but a fop is someone who is overly concerned about his appearance, to the point of being vain. As in a foppish dandy who is too idle, and more concerned about personal appearances then getting work done.

An example of what I mean could be something like what this guy's wearing:
[Image: Medieval+fair8.jpg]
The Golden One!
ah I see now. That would be a nifty addon but no one could be told of how it happens. So people will wonder unless they are active in the forums Big Grin

(19-02-2014, 10:06 PM)TacticBlack Wrote: 1000th post in Ideas & Suggestions!

I don't feel any pressure Tongue
(20-02-2014, 10:42 AM)Rasmus Wrote: I don't feel any pressure Tongue

Famous last words...

[Image: action-smiley-057.gif] and then [Image: devil-smiley-020.gif]

Tongue
The Golden One!
lol hahaha
Doesn't that D/L smiley just bring you back to the good old days of downloading a 1MB+ file on the good old 56K phone modem? I had some screaming mad, hair pulling experiences from those times when I'd be D/Ling something for like 2 hours, and just at it's about 98% done someone picks up the phone and my dial-up connections gets dropped, now I have to start over again, and just when you think it's done, you find out the file's corrupted and you've gotta start over again, and wait another 2 hours.

I most definitely do NOT miss those days...
The Golden One!
I always used GetRight so I didn't have those issues. Looks like they still produce that software, but that seems kinda useless these days since browsers have download managers built-in.