My New Idea Creature Mechanic - Creature "Genetic" Combination
How bout that Napster man? I downloaded me some Eminem right away. lol
[Image: i563hs.png]
No Money, No Poverty, No Crime, No Politicians, No Corruption, No Social Stratification, Strength Based Education, Global Democracy, and True Equality.
A New Social Paradigm: Only Impossible Because of Your Attitude; Only Possible with Your Aspiration Towards a Better World.
You can't spell Humanity without Unity.

I'm not sure if it's available in Canada. I know Rhapsody is not, it's got some early music by Chill E.B. I'd love to get but it's only available on Rhapsody which is only available in the USA, hence I can't get that music.
[Image: 11619898803_7d3a89e6bd_n.jpg]
The Golden One!
Strange that rhapsody is only available here.
No Money, No Poverty, No Crime, No Politicians, No Corruption, No Social Stratification, Strength Based Education, Global Democracy, and True Equality.
A New Social Paradigm: Only Impossible Because of Your Attitude; Only Possible with Your Aspiration Towards a Better World.

It is. It's also not very bright, on their part. About 1/4 of a billion people live in the USA, nearly 7 billion people live outside of the USA. That's a lot of potential sales to say refuse. I wonder how many tens of millions of dollars Rhapsody misses out on each year because of that policy.
The Golden One!
Huh I just did a search, and found out I don't have access to Napster. Rhapsody bought out Napster and shut down the Canadian service 3 years ago. http://www.digitalhome.ca/2011/11/napste...mber-16th/

I can't even begin to imagine why Rhapsody refuses to do any business outside of the USA. They even had an established company outside of the USA and they just shut it down. It's almost as if the management of Rhapsody is terrified of doing any business outside of the USA. What are they afraid of though? The billions of dollars in profits they miss out on? and why buy out foreign assets just to shut them down right away. Competitors operating outside of the USA don't affect Rhapsody whatsoever since Rhapsody refuses to do business outside of the USA. That whole thing makes absolutely no sense whatsoever, it's completely irrational.
The Golden One!
It's probably due to legal constraints and enforceability problems.

Possibly, but Napster used to sell products in Canada before they got bought out, and i-Tunes still does. I have no problem buying music from i-Tunes, except that they don't have some of the songs I want and Rhapsody does. Sad
The Golden One!
We seem to have gotten off topic though.
I had a sweet idea inspired by the new item handles and Spore. My original post about this can be found here.

Allow the user to create the combination from parts of creatures that have been thrown into the DM's mouth. People can exchange creatures even. User-created creatures not only saves time animating and designing by allowing PCG to do the physics calculations and thereby the animating based on the structure of the final creature but it also adds a unique aspect to this type of game that has only been seen before in games like Spore that didn't quite use it to it's gnarliest potential imho. In this theme and under this genre, demons and orcs wouldn't be attacking each other, Someone's Uruk-hai could be attacking your creations and giant ass monsters could be slaying the inevitable dick-shaped creatures of repressed childhood sexual assault land. Picture that getting eaten by the DM... oh the terribleness. The possibilities and evil looking or cutesy discussion becomes user-determined and placed on a spectrum. The development of the engine that produces and allows for the customization and animation of these creatures is what will take the time.

Thoughts?

I already posted my reply to that over there
The Golden One!