My New Idea Environment Mechanic - Depth Counter/Measure
Depth Counter / Measure

Info
A simple measuring tool that allows the player to measure how many blocks are selected or what depth something is at. See pictures below.

Appearance

[Image: zx4mso.png] [Image: 1zob9jr.png]
Pic.1. A drag and count on each block example (the order of the numbering should be reversed).
Pic.2. A drag and count in a cursor bubble example.

Stats
Highlight: Aids in measurement and dungeon planning
Function: Improves building and planning for Dungeoneers and perfectionists seeking either beauty, symmetry, efficiency or a combination thereof. Helps a lot with building stairs because it makes it quick to do a depth check. The player could turn it on or off with a game option or could choose to use shift or control or another button combination while selecting with mine or dig tools.
[Image: i563hs.png]
No Money, No Poverty, No Crime, No Politicians, No Corruption, No Social Stratification, Strength Based Education, Global Democracy, and True Equality.
A New Social Paradigm: Only Impossible Because of Your Attitude; Only Possible with Your Aspiration Towards a Better World.
You can't spell Humanity without Unity.

What a great idea! +1
[Image: 11619898803_7d3a89e6bd_n.jpg]
The Golden One!
I like this idea a lot Smile I have been thinking about having some info text hovering the mouse when selecting larger areas, but I haven't thought about showing the info directly on the blocks Tongue +2 for you Wink
Absolutely necessary! +1
I like the image on the right with just the single counter.
(20-02-2014, 11:18 AM)TopperHarley Wrote: Absolutely necessary! +1

(20-02-2014, 05:30 PM)Mello Tonin Wrote: I like the image on the right with just the single counter.

Danke!
[Image: i563hs.png]
No Money, No Poverty, No Crime, No Politicians, No Corruption, No Social Stratification, Strength Based Education, Global Democracy, and True Equality.
A New Social Paradigm: Only Impossible Because of Your Attitude; Only Possible with Your Aspiration Towards a Better World.
You can't spell Humanity without Unity.