TacticBlack Offline
Tactical Dungeoneer
Dwelvers Voice Actors

Pyramid of Life Improved
Here ya go

[Image: 6rppua.png]
[Image: 7ej8.png]
[Image: 2a4zsb7.png]

Every block, empty or not has a purpose. This was created based on facilitating resource production efficiently and on a scale that will be able to support large numbers of creatures in the smallest possible space. Here is my logic. Please improve upon it if possible:
  • The Cookery must be close to Storage (Same floor main storage)
  • Storage must be close to Metal Workshop and the Bar but not as close as food production in the Cookery which accounts for the most storage traffic (one floor lower)
  • Bedding areas are strewn about because they do not need to be close to anything as they do not interact with resources and can be walked on.
  • The Training facility just needs some open space for the orcs to practice on the pigs so the pigs were built into the open space around the Metal Workshop. The pigs can also be walked over (are non-obstructive).
  • Prisons should be near the edges of your dungeon as it is because it is closer to where your prisoners will be coming in (Bottom floor corners).
  • Farm makes up the rest of the bottom floor because it is the most consumed resource and therefore needs the most space which is more important than proximity to Cookery.
  • The Wells are all centrally located such that they provide ease of access to imps for efficiency. (Beer wells 1 space away, farm wells maximum 8 spaces away.) I may improve this with semi-circular farmland at the base thereby reducing the radius of travel for well access and making access to the rest of the pyramid easier by opening up paths along the edges.
[Image: i563hs.png]
No Money, No Poverty, No Crime, No Politicians, No Corruption, No Social Stratification, Strength Based Education, Global Democracy, and True Equality.
A New Social Paradigm: Only Impossible Because of Your Attitude; Only Possible with Your Aspiration Towards a Better World.
You can't spell Humanity without Unity.

(This post was last modified: 25-03-2014 08:09 PM by Sebt.)
20-02-2014 08:37 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Seriously Unserious Offline
The Ninja Dinosaur

RE: Pyramid of Life Improved
Just like with Xiemas, the creator of the original Pyramid of Live, we've now got 2 TacticBlacks, one somewhat sane, one crazy as hell. Tongue

I wonder what happened to Xiemas anyways, I haven't seen him around here and posting for a while... Confused
[Image: 11619898803_7d3a89e6bd_n.jpg]
The Golden One!
21-02-2014 08:38 AM
Mello Tonin Offline
Guru O' Mello

Yeah that's a good question...nice pyramid TB.
21-02-2014 03:42 PM
Rasmus Offline
Main developer of Dwelvers
Dwelvers Developers

I like this, wonder how easy it will be to do once the player have to link rooms together Wink
21-02-2014 06:09 PM
TacticBlack Offline
Tactical Dungeoneer
Dwelvers Voice Actors

(21-02-2014 08:38 AM)Seriously Unserious Wrote:  Just like with Xiemas, the creator of the original Pyramid of Live, we've now got 2 TacticBlacks, one somewhat sane, one crazy as hell. Tongue

I wonder what happened to Xiemas anyways, I haven't seen him around here and posting for a while... Confused

There are two of me?
[Image: 2018197089_Whaaa_answer_2_xlarge.png]
No Money, No Poverty, No Crime, No Politicians, No Corruption, No Social Stratification, Strength Based Education, Global Democracy, and True Equality.
A New Social Paradigm: Only Impossible Because of Your Attitude; Only Possible with Your Aspiration Towards a Better World.

21-02-2014 11:04 PM
The Ninja Dinosaur

Just like what happened with Xiemas in his Pyramid of Live thread. Read the comments between me and Rasmus. Wink
The Golden One!
21-02-2014 11:10 PM
TacticBlack Offline
Tactical Dungeoneer
Dwelvers Voice Actors

Pfff sooo far off topic. nice.

21-02-2014 11:17 PM
Xiemas Offline
Dark Side Member

So you havened seen me for a while, well here I am. Still reading everything, just don't feel like replying, don't know why. But I'm here know

As said in my post, I'm still going to make more:
(02-01-2014 02:38 PM)Xiemas Wrote:  I'm going to build other things, i'm sure of it. I already know something but thats for the next version!

So be a wear I'm not leaving, I will follow you and I will hunt you down!
Pyramid of Live
[Image: kEbemdH.png]
22-02-2014 11:09 PM
The Ninja Dinosaur

Ah, glad to see the X-man is still around.
The Golden One!
23-02-2014 06:34 AM
Mello Tonin Offline
Guru O' Mello

Indeed, nice seein ya again.
23-02-2014 07:36 PM