Feedback/Modification I & S - Compress the Save File
Compress the Save File

Info
Save files are a good candidate for compression on disk, I am getting 11MB save file, but zip compressed a little under 3.
+1 I agree completely.
[Image: i563hs.png]
No Money, No Poverty, No Crime, No Politicians, No Corruption, No Social Stratification, Strength Based Education, Global Democracy, and True Equality.
A New Social Paradigm: Only Impossible Because of Your Attitude; Only Possible with Your Aspiration Towards a Better World.
You can't spell Humanity without Unity.

With today's drive space, 11MB is kind of not a big deal in my opinion. Now this might be a problem if this were the 90's.
True but smaller files to share = lower download times in the future when we are dick waving with our sweet Dwelver map accomplishments.
[Image: i563hs.png]
No Money, No Poverty, No Crime, No Politicians, No Corruption, No Social Stratification, Strength Based Education, Global Democracy, and True Equality.
A New Social Paradigm: Only Impossible Because of Your Attitude; Only Possible with Your Aspiration Towards a Better World.
You can't spell Humanity without Unity.

Not to mention smaller uploads when we're sending Rasmus a buggy save file for him to track down the bug and fix it.
[Image: 11619898803_7d3a89e6bd_n.jpg]
The Golden One!
If the workload is not too big for this modification, why not. Good idea but not a high priority.
The reason for the large file size is because I have made the savegame files compatible for upgrades. Like being able to add things into them without the game crashes. But sure, the save games could still be compressed a lot, but as TopperHarley said, I don't feel like this is a high priority right now. But I will probably tend to it in the future Smile