Nick:  
Pass:     
Help Register

Modelling Imp Uniforms
Seriously Unserious Offline
The Ninja Dinosaur

Imp Uniforms
Since we're splitting the imp workforce up into different professions based on room assignments, it seems appropriate to start a discussion about what imps should be wearing.

We've already got 3 great ideas proposed by MasterGoose from another topic, here are some of the main points raised in Imp Priorities, part way down page 5:
Mastergoose Wrote:I've been kinda busy but I finally have put the farmer imp in dirtTongue
version2.. with patches! Is this more the feel?

[Image: Farmer_v2.gif]
[Image: Farmer_v2.jpg]
the link: http://s3.postimg.org/ajphrfyk3/Farmer_v2.gif

I guess next will be the forging. @Mello, have you had time to make some sketches?

(17-02-2014 11:09 PM)Rasmus Wrote:  Very nice Smile +2 to you Wink
So just to list what other room-clothes are needed:
- Storage room worker.
- Cookery room worker.
- Metal works room worker.
- Bar room worker.

And these are all for now. Even if we change the room names and add other buildings to them, I think the clothes in general would fit them.

Btw. could you PM me the farm room clothes? I would like to add them to the imps ASAP Wink

(19-02-2014 03:53 PM)Mastergoose Wrote:  Thanks everyone!
I made a forging helmet:
[Image: forger.png]
link: http://s28.postimg.org/eesgro3tp/forger.png

This time I already added the rust and scratchesTongue
I'm not sure what kind of suit would fit this work and atmosphere the best. Any suggestions?
EDIT: my 1000th post!
[Image: 11619898803_7d3a89e6bd_n.jpg]
The Golden One!
(This post was last modified: 29-07-2014 05:44 PM by Sebt.)
21-02-2014 08:47 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
The Ninja Dinosaur

RE: Imp Uniforms
(19-02-2014 07:10 PM)Seriously Unserious Wrote:  That looks great but it also looks too modern for the setting. Looking at that helmet, I find myself looking for the torch, arc and steel he's welding.

IMO a traditional blacksmith's suit would look best for the setting.
Something like this:
[Image: Blacksmith_by_mojette.jpg]

(20-02-2014 04:03 PM)Mello Tonin Wrote:  Yeah that does look pretty cool. I'm torn between the idea of keeping everything low tech, and stretching the theme slightly kinda like Steam Punk. It still has the look of low tech, but has a higher level of functionality like Dwarven Gyro-copters from Warcraft. Definitely needs to have a leather apron though like SU posted. Maybe not tattered, and black instead of brown as the one in the image looks more like a tanner or a butcher IMO.

(21-02-2014 04:00 PM)Mastergoose Wrote:  This was made quickly so there is only standard texturing:
[Image: forgersuit.png]
link: http://s30.postimg.org/8wdpyue1d/forgersuit.png

It kinda looks like SU's blacksmith. Tongue Maybe I should model a beard next time haha
The Golden One!
21-02-2014 08:47 PM
Rasmus Offline
Main developer of Dwelvers
Dwelvers Developers

Great job SU, I think it is very good that we separated the imp prio topic because I have a feeling that this is something that will get discussed to no end when the clothes are beginning to get introduced into the game Smile
26-02-2014 01:25 PM
The Ninja Dinosaur

Yup. Smile that's why I broke this discussion off of that other topic, which IMO should be about how creatures prioritize their jobs, not what they look like. This is a much better place to discuss it since it's not all OT postings, and therefore hard to find later. Big Grin
The Golden One!
27-02-2014 02:03 AM