Nick:  
Pass:     
Help Register

Video Tutorials announcement
Seriously Unserious Offline
The Ninja Dinosaur

RE: I'M BACK!!
well, joking aside, having an inverter in the Dwelvers hydraulics system would definitely be helpful.
[Image: 11619898803_7d3a89e6bd_n.jpg]
The Golden One!
03-03-2014 02:54 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
prof_ion Offline
Game Vlogger

(03-03-2014 02:54 AM)Seriously Unserious Wrote:  well, joking aside, having an inverter in the Dwelvers hydraulics system would definitely be helpful.

Yeah Rasmus has said that he will add it. I just hope it is sooner than later lol.
03-03-2014 03:36 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
The Ninja Dinosaur

no kidding!
The Golden One!
03-03-2014 08:08 AM
Mello Tonin Offline
Guru O' Mello

WB! Yeah, hydraulics is something I wanna get back to playing around with, but def waiting to see the changes in the new version before making comments about it. There are several things I noticed playing with them this weekend that is disappointing.
03-03-2014 04:09 PM
Rasmus Offline
Main developer of Dwelvers
Dwelvers Developers

WB prof ion Wink

(03-03-2014 04:09 PM)Mello Tonin Wrote:  WB! Yeah, hydraulics is something I wanna get back to playing around with, but def waiting to see the changes in the new version before making comments about it. There are several things I noticed playing with them this weekend that is disappointing.

Is this something you could expand on? It is possible that I miss these things when releasing the new version.
03-03-2014 05:45 PM
Mello Tonin Offline
Guru O' Mello

Well for instance, I was laying hydraulics next to a storage table, and Imps wouldn't build it because I guess it blocked the table. Another thing I noticed is that Imps are scared to death of exploding traps. If I was sitting at home I would post the image, but I had a path 1 tile wide which I placed exploding traps and triggers on either side. My Imps refused to take that path until I cleared the explosives. The last thing that really comes to mind, and I don't think this is an issue per se but instead by design, is that I would really like to have the pipes be able to be laid on the walls more than just one tile in height. Without having a ladder to get to the different elevations to build I don't see how practical this would be, but still I would like to be able to do this with the hydraulics. Next patch I'm gonna really spend more time with hydraulics as I see this as one of the defining features of the game.
04-03-2014 04:04 PM
Rasmus Offline
Dwelvers Developers

RE: I'M BACK!! - Hydraulics & General tutorials coming soon.
This is good Mello, I will take a look at it all. Being able to draw hydraulics through rooms should be working, and I could easily make it so that the imps can build hydraulics constructions on higher than one wall. I didn't know that the imps were afraid of the dynamite, I will fix this as well Smile
05-03-2014 08:40 AM
The Ninja Dinosaur

I don't think that was it, I have dynamite in a couple of locations and haven't had any problems with the imps avoiding it. If it was a 1 tile wide hallway, my guess is that it physically blocked the hall and they just couldn't get passed it. From what I can tell, the dynamite blocks that tile from creatures being able to walk on it, much like a bar/storage room table, for example does. If you put one of those in a 1 tile wide hallway, they'd avoid that too, as there's no way for them to get through and thus, no point in them going there.
The Golden One!
05-03-2014 08:48 AM
Mello Tonin Offline
Guru O' Mello

That may be it, but for something like the dynamite trap, I would think they should be able to move over it. It's not like it is a cannon. Anyways, I'm starting work on my 'Pyramid of Death' which totally focuses on traps and hydraulics. Maybe it'll be done before the next update.
05-03-2014 03:46 PM
The Ninja Dinosaur

oooh, a new Pyramid of project. Xiemas has crated a crazy monster... Tongue
The Golden One!
05-03-2014 07:11 PM
Xiemas Offline
Dark Side Member

Well, I'm planning to make a other crazy monster muhahaha [Image: devil-smiley-029.gif]

The pyramids are just the start of my army, there will be more! And not small ones like the pyramid they are just the ground troops!

For the hydraulics part, in the livestream with Rasmus and prof we discussed about this:
[Image: 7Mvovg4.png]
Are you going to make it possible that we can build hydraulics in corners like that, It'd be very handy to place things like that. It's almost the same as Mello Tonin his problem.
Pyramid of Live
[Image: kEbemdH.png]
05-03-2014 09:05 PM
Rasmus Offline
Dwelvers Developers

(05-03-2014 09:05 PM)Xiemas Wrote:  For the hydraulics part, in the livestream with Rasmus and prof we discussed about this:
Are you going to make it possible that we can build hydraulics in corners like that, It'd be very handy to place things like that. It's almost the same as Mello Tonin his problem.

This one is actually a little tricky. This issue only appears when the player is on the top floor, and it would be a game-play violation to have the imps build hydraulics in a corner like that. Hmmm, maybe I can do an exception, but it depends on how annoying you think this is Smile
05-03-2014 11:09 PM
prof_ion Offline
Game Vlogger

(05-03-2014 11:09 PM)Rasmus Wrote:  
(05-03-2014 09:05 PM)Xiemas Wrote:  For the hydraulics part, in the livestream with Rasmus and prof we discussed about this:

This one is actually a little tricky. This issue only appears when the player is on the top floor, and it would be a game-play violation to have the imps build hydraulics in a corner like that. Hmmm, maybe I can do an exception, but it depends on how annoying you think this is Smile
Try tearing down walls all the time to build in a corner, and that will tell you how annoying it is. Tongue It bugs me a lot, but it can be dealt with. Just doesn't seem like the type of thing that should happen. In the end, no big deal just a nuisance.
06-03-2014 03:06 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Xiemas Offline
Dark Side Member

Yea but when you have taller walls like mello said you need to build a staircaseto it then remove the wall build it and fix everything again thats a lot of thing for a hydraulic corner in the corner :o Smile
Pyramid of Live
[Image: kEbemdH.png]
06-03-2014 01:27 PM