Nick:  
Pass:     
Help Register

Call me Topper
TopperHarley Offline
Sleepy Weasel

Call me Topper
Hi all

I've been here a while but better late than never ;-)

I'm TopperHarley, feel free to just call me Topper.

I came to this forum from the country of the best chocolate, cheese and watches :-)
Maybe there is in this forum any other person from this beautiful country?

I'm 32 year old and working as System Engineer on vCloud, Citrix and ASP.
Feel free to write me when you have questions about me or whatever

I'm a big fan of Dungeon Keeper series.
I play this game a very long time and miss this "oldschool" gameplay in the current games.
Today in the "mainstream games" there must always popups for levelup, rewards, explosions, everything is hectic and the most important is, I’m getting oldBig GrinBig Grin

I searching a long time for simular games to Dungeons Keeper series.
I played Evil Genius (epic game Tongue), Overlord (funny), Dungeons (Bullsh**), WFTO (we will see) and more strategy building games (I loved SimCity 2000Heart)

Then i have found Dwelvers on….hmm i don't remember. I have been following "Dwelvers" for a long time without having a lot to write.

After the first impressions i see the potential for the game and how much dedication Rasmus has for the game. Awesome.Exclamation

I register me here in the forum, buy the game and would like to help if I can, with my modest means.

Well, now I'm here and I have yet presented a little bit laterBig Grin

Cheers
Topper
(This post was last modified: 04-03-2014 03:15 PM by TopperHarley.)
04-03-2014 03:13 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Xiemas Offline
Dark Side Member

RE: Call me Topper
Welcome Topper,

Hmm let me think Switzerland? But still the best chocolate is from Belgium Big Grin
I'm currently learning to program in ASP in school so yea Tongue
Welcome to the beautiful forum with a great Evil Forum Admin and The Best Game Maker Big Grin
Pyramid of Live
[Image: kEbemdH.png]
04-03-2014 04:00 PM
Mello Tonin Offline
Guru O' Mello

Welcome Topper, and good to meet you. It's funny how many IT professionals or professionals in training we have here. I agree with you on the whole modern mainstream games, they can be too hectic and when you remove the achievables and the persistent need to level up, often you find the game really has no soul and is just an endless pursuit of leveling up and collecting trinkets.

I think it has a lot to do with, at least here in the US, with our 'Trophy Culture'. Not sure if it is like this in other areas of the world, but it seems their are awards now for everything in schools and youth leagues, and pretty much anything you can give awards in for things as simple as just showing up; not even participating. So that mentality gets transferred to games being developed too.

I remember playing SimCity 2000, but I came into it after playing SimCity 3000 Unlimited so I couldn't get into it because i was missing the features from 3000. Still a good games though, and I break out 3000 from time to time.
04-03-2014 04:23 PM
TopperHarley Offline
Sleepy Weasel

(04-03-2014 04:00 PM)Xiemas Wrote:  Hmm let me think Switzerland?
Right!

(04-03-2014 04:00 PM)Xiemas Wrote:  But still the best chocolate is from Belgium Big Grin
This is a great mistakeBig Grin

(04-03-2014 04:00 PM)Xiemas Wrote:  I'm currently learning to program in ASP in school so yea Tongue
I expressed wrong.
I dont working with asp.net, i mean Application Service ProvidingCool

Quote:Welcome Topper, and good to meet you. It's funny how many IT professionals or professionals in training we have here.

Welcome to the beautiful forum with a great Evil Forum Admin and The Best Game Maker Big Grin
Thanks!:-)
(This post was last modified: 04-03-2014 05:13 PM by TopperHarley.)
04-03-2014 05:12 PM
Xiemas Offline
Dark Side Member

(04-03-2014 05:12 PM)TopperHarley Wrote:  
(04-03-2014 04:00 PM)Xiemas Wrote:  I'm currently learning to program in ASP in school so yea Tongue
I expressed wrong.
I dont working with asp.net, i mean Application Service ProvidingCool
If I see ASP I think of ASP.net because I'm working with it know Big Grin

(04-03-2014 05:12 PM)TopperHarley Wrote:  
(04-03-2014 04:00 PM)Xiemas Wrote:  But still the best chocolate is from Belgium Big Grin
This is a great mistakeBig Grin
No it's not Big Grin
Pyramid of Live
[Image: kEbemdH.png]
04-03-2014 05:42 PM
Sebt Offline
The Evil Admin
Evil Admins

The best chocolate is chocolate that I actually have. Big Grin

Thanks for joining the community a long time ago and start to post at last! Big Grin

Hope you will make some more posts especially if they're bug reports and suggestions, so you actively help us in game development. Smile
I support The Venus Project & Resource-Based Economy - The feasible plan to get rid of scarcity, poverty, and other incoming global issues.
04-03-2014 07:13 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Seriously Unserious Offline
The Ninja Dinosaur

Welcome Topper. Glad to see you get in an intro. Like they say, better late then never. Wink

Quote:It's funny how many IT professionals or professionals in training we have here.

I agree, and I'm one of them too.

Quote:
Xiemas Wrote:But still the best chocolate is from Belgium Big Grin

This is a great mistake

I love both, Belgian and Swiss chocolates. Big Grin

Quote:strategy building games (I loved SimCity 2000
So did I. I also enjoyed Sim Copter, a more action oriented game where you could play as a Heli pilot in one of your own SC2000 cities. I mainly stopped playing it when I got Sim City 4, which is, IMO, the last real Sim City title (I definitely do not count last year's Sim Busted Servers, excuse me, Sim Village, oh, uhm wait, no, Sim City piece of garbage as a legitimate part of the franchise). I've also played Tropico, another great strategy building game, and I know there are several others, but I just can't seem to think of which ones ATM.
[Image: 11619898803_7d3a89e6bd_n.jpg]
The Golden One!
04-03-2014 11:23 PM
Rasmus Offline
Main developer of Dwelvers
Dwelvers Developers

Welcome to the forum Topper, and thanks for you kind words Smile

So you are from Switzerland, that is one country people from not Europe often confuse with Sweden, Swede and Switzer? How can blame them Tongue
05-03-2014 08:52 AM
The Ninja Dinosaur

Well, if you're in a country with lots of good chocolate and cheese with more holes in it then a sieve then you're probably in Switzerland, if you're surrounded by blonde beauties, then you must be in Sweden. Wink Tongue
The Golden One!
05-03-2014 08:57 AM
TopperHarley Offline
Sleepy Weasel

(05-03-2014 08:52 AM)Rasmus Wrote:  So you are from Switzerland, that is one country people from not Europe often confuse with Sweden, Swede and Switzer? How can blame them Tongue
This question I ask often myself.:-)

(05-03-2014 08:57 AM)Seriously Unserious Wrote:  Well, if you're in a country with lots of good chocolate and cheese with more holes in it then a sieve then you're probably in Switzerland, if you're surrounded by blonde beauties, then you must be in Sweden. Wink Tongue

Haha, this is a good way to distinguish the two countries.Big Grin
But even in Switzerland there beautiful mothers with even more beautiful daughtersCool
(This post was last modified: 05-03-2014 10:45 AM by TopperHarley.)
05-03-2014 10:44 AM
The Ninja Dinosaur

Of course, how else are the Swiss motivated to breed a new generation of cheese makers and chocolatiers. Tongue

OH-OH, Topper, I think I've just reeled you in, to making a bunch of senseless posts full of funny bantering and jokes, just like the rest of us high post count members... Wink Tongue
The Golden One!
(This post was last modified: 05-03-2014 07:21 PM by Seriously Unserious.)
05-03-2014 07:19 PM
TacticBlack Offline
Tactical Dungeoneer
Dwelvers Voice Actors

Welcome Topper! Let's kick some ass!
[Image: i563hs.png]
No Money, No Poverty, No Crime, No Politicians, No Corruption, No Social Stratification, Strength Based Education, Global Democracy, and True Equality.
A New Social Paradigm: Only Impossible Because of Your Attitude; Only Possible with Your Aspiration Towards a Better World.
You can't spell Humanity without Unity.

09-03-2014 07:14 PM