Nick:  
Pass:     
Help Register

Hi guys!
sunderer92 Offline
Dungeon Lord

Hi guys!
Hi, I'm sunderer92. I'm a Christian, I like meeting new people, and I'm interested in languages. I'm not normally one for forums, I don't tend to stick to a website for long enough to really get involved, but I'll see if I can do something about that Wink

I discovered dwelvers a week or so ago and only started playing in the last few days. I never played dungeon keeper, although as a kid I read about it in a PC Gamer magazine and it sounded amazing Wink I've played a bit of dwarffort and some roguelikes, and when I discovered this I really enjoyed it.

I'm not really a programmer, but know some html, css, as well as a little vb, c(++/#) and matlab. I'm currently in my final year of mechanical engineering, and have thus started writing my thesis which will be on road safety guard rails.

Things I enjoy are friends, games (pc or board/card/tabletop), tv/movies, reading, and singing. I also enjoy graphic design and a bit of art primarily using gimp, mostly these days I just design flyers/nametags for my youth group (that I lead), or the Christian Union I'm involved with at uni.

Cheers
12-03-2014 02:17 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Mello Tonin Offline
Guru O' Mello
Evil Admins

RE: Hi guys!
Welcome to the group Sunderer. You really dropped in at a very interesting time with the new version to be released soon. If you enjoy what you've played so far, you're in for a treat. One thing I'm really looking forward to is trying to expand more and focus on the current hydraulics system. Being a mechanical engineering student, I'm sure you'll have plenty of useful input on those.
12-03-2014 02:46 PM
Rasmus Online
Main developer of Dwelvers
Dwelvers Developers

Welcome to the forum Smile Glad you enjoyed the game, as mello said, there is much that is going on now, and soon the next release will be out there with all the new candy Tongue
Mechanical engineering sounds interesting, so you will be able to build robots that can take over the world when you have finished the course then? Wink
12-03-2014 03:23 PM
Sebt Offline
An upcoming creature?
Evil Admins

Hello, thanks for joining us and welcome to Dwelvers community! Smile

I'm also studying mechanical engineering, but more in more narrow "version" because my studies focus on renewable energy sources. Well anyway a lot to do and no one can say you has nothing to do on mechanical study course. Big Grin
Spec: Win 10, ATI 7800 HD, res: 1280x1024x75. I support The Venus Project & Resource-Based Economy
12-03-2014 05:42 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
sunderer92 Offline
Dungeon Lord

Oooh. This sounds exciting. Is there a list somewhere with what is planned for the update/when that I've not yet managed to find? Or do I just have to wait and see?

Muahaha, my evil evil robots of doom! Tongue

One thing that's particularly struck me about the game so far Rasmus, is how intuitive the UI is. Without any tutorial I was able to pick it up quite quickly, the only thing that's been an issue there (as already noted in the Bugs/Issues & Crashes forum) is the laggy mouse issue. But that looks set to be fixed in the next update Big Grin
13-03-2014 02:28 AM
Sebt Offline
An upcoming creature?
Evil Admins

(13-03-2014 02:28 AM)sunderer92 Wrote:  Oooh. This sounds exciting. Is there a list somewhere with what is planned for the update/when that I've not yet managed to find? Or do I just have to wait and see?

Nope. Unfortunately you need to wait for update, but it will be big. Wink
Spec: Win 10, ATI 7800 HD, res: 1280x1024x75. I support The Venus Project & Resource-Based Economy
13-03-2014 08:21 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Rasmus Online
Dwelvers Developers

(13-03-2014 02:28 AM)sunderer92 Wrote:  Oooh. This sounds exciting. Is there a list somewhere with what is planned for the update/when that I've not yet managed to find? Or do I just have to wait and see?

There are a lot of core changes that have been made and therefore it has taken some time, you will definitely notice a big difference when it is out. But no, I haven't made a list on what is left to be done until the next update.

(13-03-2014 02:28 AM)sunderer92 Wrote:  One thing that's particularly struck me about the game so far Rasmus, is how intuitive the UI is. Without any tutorial I was able to pick it up quite quickly, the only thing that's been an issue there (as already noted in the Bugs/Issues & Crashes forum) is the laggy mouse issue. But that looks set to be fixed in the next update Big Grin

I am glad to hear it, I have been a little worried about the GUI as I am not that comfortable at designing them. We will probably make some minor changes to it to solve the big radial menus that comes up when selecting the hydraulics for example.
14-03-2014 12:47 AM
Seriously Unserious Offline
The Ninja Dinosaur

Welcome to the forums Sunderer92! Cool

Sunderer92 Wrote:I'm currently in my final year of mechanical engineering, and have thus started writing my thesis which will be on road safety guard rails.

That sounds cool. Here's a video that would make excellent research for your paper, no guard rails on these, the 10 most dangerous roads in the world:

Quote:Muahaha, my evil evil robots of doom!

BWAHAHAHAHA! With your engineering skills, Sebt's renewable energy skills, Rasmus' programming skills, and my current studies into investment and business building, I'm sure we could design, build, program and distribute these Evil Robots of Doom worldwide in no time. Wink You build the robots, Sebt builds the power packs, Rasmus programs the AI, and I build the distribution systems. WE WILL RULE THE WORLD!!!! BWAHAHAHAHA!Big GrinAngelTongue
[Image: 11619898803_7d3a89e6bd_n.jpg]
The Golden One!
14-03-2014 03:29 AM
Rasmus Online
Dwelvers Developers

I want to build robots that can reproduce themselves, give them a week and they have eaten up the whole planet. Muahaha
14-03-2014 07:23 PM
The Ninja Dinosaur

That's been done before, namely the Replicators from Stargate: SG1. Tongue
The Golden One!
14-03-2014 08:09 PM
Sebt Offline
An upcoming creature?
Evil Admins

Self sustainable world of robots, mechanic domination and living things anihilation. Interesting. That's more less something we will be able to do in Dwelvers, but without robots. Smile
14-03-2014 08:29 PM
The Ninja Dinosaur

Aww, no robot run Matrix?! No robitic Terminators?! No "Hasta La Vista, Baby"s?! No "you will be assimilated, resistence is futile"?! NOOOOOOOO! That can't be! I refuse to accept a world without robotic Armageddon! Tongue
The Golden One!
15-03-2014 05:29 AM
Sebt Offline
An upcoming creature?
Evil Admins

You would always be able make a mod with them. }:])
15-03-2014 08:06 PM
Rikus Khan Offline
Antroot Farmer

(14-03-2014 07:23 PM)Rasmus Wrote:  I want to build robots that can reproduce themselves, give them a week and they have eaten up the whole planet. Muahaha

I submit the 105th episode of Futurama for your approval sir.
Benderama

Professor: "Bender, fold my sweaters."
Bender: "Do you guys see a robot in this room named Folder?"
Code:
[insert witty text here]
16-03-2014 02:33 AM
TacticBlack Offline
Tactical Dungeoneer
Dwelvers Voice Actors

Welcome Welcome Welcome holmes! Always good to get some fresh eyes! :Turns to his wall of eyeballs in jars: Big Grin
[Image: i563hs.png]
No Money, No Poverty, No Crime, No Politicians, No Corruption, No Social Stratification, Strength Based Education, Global Democracy, and True Equality.
A New Social Paradigm: Only Impossible Because of Your Attitude; Only Possible with Your Aspiration Towards a Better World.
You can't spell Humanity without Unity.

18-03-2014 12:06 AM