Pass:     
Help Register

Dwelvers Journal 2014.03.22 - Dwelvers has been accepted to Steam
Rasmus Offline
Main developer of Dwelvers
Dwelvers Developers

2014.03.22 - Dwelvers has been accepted to Steam
[Image: steamlogo.png]

Yes, we got the confirmation a while ago that Dwelvers can now be sold on Steam, and with this we will reach a whole different audience and hopefully this will lead to more public interest in the game.

As you all may have figured out Dwelvers will be sold on Steam Early Access, meaning that we will sell it as a alpha version and make it very clear to the buyer that it is not the full game we are selling. I would like to point out that I am not interested in upgrading the game to Beta version as the definition for Beta is:

"A development status given to a program or application that contains most of the major features, but is not yet complete."

And there is still a long way to go until I would say that the game have reached that point. I will try to not add to many new features in the future because I think it is better that we get a game that is fully functional with the basic intended features before we start adding new once. I will soon make a list of what features I have planned for the game before I will call it Beta.

I have also been dragging out on the latest release of the game because the next version will not be free to the public, and therefore I want to progress the game to such an extent that it will be a very noticeable different from the last version.

For those of you that have pre-ordered the game, you will be able to download it from the website as well as get a free steam key if you rather want to play it there.

With the next release there will also be a demo for people to try out before they decide to buy the game.
(This post was last modified: 24-12-2014 01:57 PM by Sebt.)
22-03-2014 08:13 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Sebt Offline
The Evil Admin
Evil Admins

RE: Dwelvers has been accepted to Steam
Yes and if you have guys any questions about the Steam and Dwelvers, put some suggestions, maybe even alert us about anything to Steam, this thread is perfect to do it.

I know that with buying an aplha version of the so unfinished game is risky and to make sure game will have what developers promised support Dwelvers in any kind of way, but mainly inform us about anything that should be fixed, changed, impoved, etc.

That's what we aim is to make Dwelvers as game that people want really to play and that's building with people. We have our own ideas, our plans, but if you follow Dwelvers for longer time you realize that we're not closed to people's suggestions and so that's why it's vital to keep an eye on everything what communities and devs are discussing, join these discussions, give own ideas and feedbacks.

If you like the game spread the word about Dwelvers wherever you are in the internet, underworld, Mars or Earth to every minion, hero or princess you spoke. By building this game we're building a big community which has a big influence on game development, so... any ideas, questions, thoughts? Smile
I support The Venus Project & Resource-Based Economy - The feasible plan to get rid of scarcity, poverty, and other incoming global issues.
(This post was last modified: 22-03-2014 08:46 PM by Sebt.)
22-03-2014 08:43 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Seriously Unserious Offline
The Ninja Dinosaur

Just one for now. Awesome work Ras, you've passed another major milestone for sure! +1. Big Grin

EDIT: I just noticed Ras' rep hit 99, I'll post a tribute video in the video's thread. Wink
[Image: 11619898803_7d3a89e6bd_n.jpg]
The Golden One!
(This post was last modified: 22-03-2014 11:02 PM by Seriously Unserious.)
22-03-2014 11:01 PM
Rasmus Offline
Dwelvers Developers

Thanks Smile I think steam has some required minimum advertising for each game getting accepted as well that will really boost the publicity.
23-03-2014 02:04 PM
prof_ion Offline
Game Vlogger

*Breaks out the recording software, and fires up the rendering engines.* Looks like it is almost time to get cracking on those videos! Wink *pats computer* Almost time my sweet... almost time.

I a pretty hyped about this, though I will be honest, I have known for a while. Rasmus is terrible at keeping things from me. Especially since I need to know what is going on. As I have to be ready when the thing releases to get those videos out on like day 5 after release. My goal is to get the basics out within the first week. Big Grin
24-03-2014 04:43 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
The Ninja Dinosaur

oh, the professor's in his lab cooking up evil schemes to rule the world through Dwelvers. Tongue

I await your evil videos with eager anticipation... [Image: devil-smiley-029.gif]
The Golden One!
24-03-2014 05:41 AM
Rasmus Offline
Dwelvers Developers

I'm expecting an intro like "Dracula has released a new versions of Dwelvers" Tongue
27-03-2014 12:11 AM
The Ninja Dinosaur

How about we call you Rascula, the Swedish Dracula from now on. Tongue
The Golden One!
27-03-2014 05:00 AM
Rikus Khan Offline
Antroot Farmer

WOOHOO .. adding it to my collection ASAP!

EDIT: I couldn't find it on Steam or Steam Greenlight by searching for Dwelvers, so I pre-ordered through the website. Don't spend all my $15 in one place Rasmus!
Code:
[insert witty text here]
(This post was last modified: 27-03-2014 05:45 PM by Rikus Khan.)
27-03-2014 05:35 PM
Sebt Offline
The Evil Admin
Evil Admins

We're accepted, but it will take some time to start steam shop, especially that the only version we want to have on steam first is the next after 0.6c and the alpha demo version and both are still being improved, so when ready we release Dwelvers on the steam.

Thanks for support, now we have some more money for be.. erm.. time to make game better, yes that's exactly what I was pretend to say, I didn't mean any beer or something. Tongue
I support The Venus Project & Resource-Based Economy - The feasible plan to get rid of scarcity, poverty, and other incoming global issues.
27-03-2014 08:40 PM
The Ninja Dinosaur

Yes, Sebt, of course we all believe you!
[Image: wpid-Beer-Image.jpg]
We all totally believe you didn't mean to say beer at all, totally. Tongue

Angel
The Golden One!
27-03-2014 11:44 PM
Rasmus Offline
Dwelvers Developers

(27-03-2014 05:35 PM)Rikus Khan Wrote:  WOOHOO .. adding it to my collection ASAP!

EDIT: I couldn't find it on Steam or Steam Greenlight by searching for Dwelvers, so I pre-ordered through the website. Don't spend all my $15 in one place Rasmus!

It is still in the workshop, but I will fix you up with a steamkey as soon as it is released!

I spent it all on coffee Wink
28-03-2014 01:36 AM
The Ninja Dinosaur

(28-03-2014 01:36 AM)Rasmus Wrote:  I spent it all on coffee Wink

Good idea.

Remember back last Spring? That clock's still ticking, you're gonna need a lot of coffee to stay alert enough to beat the clock and get Dwelvers in ahead of the big BOOM! Tongue
The Golden One!
28-03-2014 07:25 PM
prof_ion Offline
Game Vlogger

Hey rasmus when you can message me on skype. I have a few things to get sorted out with you before the game goes live. Nothing super huge, but I gotta get some plans laid out for the videos. I have to plan pretty much everything right now, as I have a metric but ton of school work to do.
Really looking forward to this hitting steam though Big Grin I can't wait for that, it will be great Smile Hopefully we can pull some awesomeness, and get another stream out when it goes live.
29-03-2014 07:13 PM
Rasmus Offline
Dwelvers Developers

Already done Wink
29-03-2014 09:04 PM