Brainstorm Equipment Mechanic - Introducing equipment items
Introducing equipment items

I wanted to start a new topic about this, we will probably not make these items in a while, but it is always fun to get a head start on them to get the inspiration going Smile

So special items, these are items that the player would like to equip manually on specific creatures that he is prioritizing. By doing this the player will get a closer bound to certain creatures and get really upset if one of these dies Tongue

The special items could be found or even crafted maybe from very unique materials. So if you guys have some ideas on what items you would like to see in the game here is where you can write about it Smile

I have had two ideas so far: Doom Hammer and Boots of Speed.

Note that the special abilities on these items can be almost anything within reason, we can have extra damage against certain creature types for example, or something that buffs nearby allies with extra damage or armour. Lets see if we can get started with some ideas and I will list them here Smile

Just remember that the item type should also reflect its special ability, for example boots can be associated with movement speed, but not with damage.

Also the special ability should not have anything to do with extra damage, extra armour, strength, resistance and so on, because the ordinary items already have these attributes on them.

Helmets

Steele Trap
Your mind is a Steel Trap and you are <5% to immune> to influence or magical stuns (doesn't prevent physical attack stuns)

Body armours

Brick House
You're a Brick House, that's mighty mighty, and you can't be stopped, slowed, or pushed back.

Pareto's Plate
When holder has:
>=80% HP: 20% of creature's Defense is transfered into Attack Power.
80-20% HP: Attack Power and Defense is normal. No bonus (except same armor defense value).
<=20% HP: 80% of creature's Attack Power is transfered into Defense.

For example: Your creature has 54 Attack Power and 46 Defense, when it's HP is decreased to 20% it has now (54) - (0,8 * 54) = 54 - 43 = 11 Attack Power and 46 + 43 = 89 Defense. So defense is not raised by 80% itself, but 80% of Attack Power is added to Defense.

Legs

Thunder Thighs
When attacked or attacking you have an X% chance to stomp the ground and slow opponents in X radius.

Shoes

Happy Feet
You are generally undeterred by mood dampeners.

Boots of Speed
These are light armour boots that gives the creature wearing it 50% extra movement speed.

Arm equipment

Climbing Gloves
When equipped, the imp can climb up or down 2 blocks without getting stranded. Can't be produced, must be acquired by killing impanzees which where lucky enough to spawn with them equipped (low chance).

Fist weapons

Bandit's Gloves
When attacking you have an X% chance to take gold from the opponent. (The opponent wouldn't need to have anything on them, but when triggered the game would decide how much you found)

Ironfist
A special gauntlet that grants the wearer a deadly punch that stuns any creature it hits, in addition to dealing double the damage of a normal punch.

One handed weapons

The Singing Sword
Your sword is a musical siren which lures one opponent to your cause for X seconds in X radius.

Two handed weapons

King's Hammer
You are leader of the pack, and this inspires your group to persevere through any situation. Group resists slowing effects, stun/confusion, and mood dampening from lack of required resources (Food, Beer, etc)

Doom Hammer
This is a two handed hammer that when it strikes an enemy it also damage all surrounding enemies within one tile for 50% of the damage made.

Ranged weapons

The Rain Maker
This magical bow takes one arrow and makes them many. Your arrows will make it rain on the area around your main target.

Ooh! This will be fun!

Helmet
Steele Trap
Your mind is a Steel Trap and you are <5% to immune> to influence or magical stuns (doesn't prevent physical attack stuns)

Body Armors
Brick House
You're a Brick House, that's mighty mighty, and you can't be stopped, slowed, or pushed back.

Legs
Thunder Thighs
When attacked or attacking you have an X% chance to stomp the ground and slow opponents in X radius.

Shoes
Happy Feet
You are generally undeterred by mood dampeners.

Fist Weapons
Bandit's Gloves
When attacking you have an X% chance to take gold from the opponent. (The opponent wouldn't need to have anything on them, but when triggered the game would decide how much you found)

One Handed Weapons
The Singing Sword
Your sword is a musical siren which lures one opponent to your cause for X seconds in X radius.

Two Handed Weapons
King's Hammer
You are leader of the pack, and this inspires your group to persevere through any situation. Group resists slowing effects, stun/confusion, and mood dampening from lack of required resources (Food, Beer, etc)

Ranged Weapons
The Rain Maker
This magical bow takes one arrow and makes them many. Your arrows will make it rain on the area around your main target.

Yeah, I got inspired by your enthusiasm Rasman!
(01-04-2014, 05:17 PM)Mello Tonin Wrote: Ooh! This will be fun!
Yeah, I got inspired by your enthusiasm Rasman!

That is really good Big Grin

I added your item suggestions to the list. My favourite among them was the "Bandit's Gloves", it is something the player can't live without even if it is a week weapon Tongue
Thanks, I was kinda partial to the Brick House, but I think that was just because it got that song stuck in my head.
Fist weapon:

Ironfist: A special gauntlet that grants the wearer a deadly punch that stuns any creature it hits, in addition to dealing double the damage of a normal punch.
[Image: 11619898803_7d3a89e6bd_n.jpg]
The Golden One!
Nice one SU Smile
Added to the list!
Pareto's Plate
When holder has:
>=80% HP: 20% of creature's Defense is transfered into Attack Power.
80-20% HP: Attack Power and Defense is normal. No bonus (except same armor defense value).
<=20% HP: 80% of creature's Attack Power is transfered into Defense.

For example: Your creature has 54 Attack Power and 46 Defense, when it's HP is decreased to 20% it has now (54) - (0,8 * 54) = 54 - 43 = 11 Attack Power and 46 + 43 = 89 Defense. So defense is not raised by 80% itself, but 80% of Attack Power is added to Defense.
Spec: Win 10, ATI 7800 HD, res: 1280x1024x75. I support The Venus Project & Resource-Based Economy
I like it! Smile
The Golden One!
Good ideas guys. I had to look up Pareto since I hadn't heard that name before and it looks like you got the essence of that one to the T Sebt, nice.
I like it as well Smile Added to the list Smile
Climbing gloves.
When equipped, the imp can climb up or down 2 blocks without getting stranded.
Can't be produced, must be acquired by killing impanzees which where lucky enough to spawn with them equipped (low chance).
That's a really good idea Excess. It definitely should be an Imp only piece of equipment.
(16-05-2014, 04:06 PM)Excess Wrote: Climbing gloves.
When equipped, the imp can climb up or down 2 blocks without getting stranded.
Can't be produced, must be acquired by killing impanzees which where lucky enough to spawn with them equipped (low chance).

Welcome back Excess. I added your idea to the list. Smile
Spec: Win 10, ATI 7800 HD, res: 1280x1024x75. I support The Venus Project & Resource-Based Economy
Really good idea excess, +1.
The Golden One!
I like the idea, but it can cause some path-finding issues with the current game engine as all creatures are "blocked" when the delta height is more than one. I will probably fix it later on if we get more use for the ability to move up and down more than 1 block.

All I am saying is that I am probably not going to add this feature if this special item is the only reason for adding it.

But I do like the idea Smile