Brainstorm Equipment Mechanic - Introducing equipment items
(18-05-2014, 07:16 PM)Rasmus Wrote: All I am saying is that I am probably not going to add this feature if this special item is the only reason for adding it.

But I do like the idea Smile
It could be bundled with the rope stairs suggestion (aka vertical stairs) if they ever get implemented. As a standalone implementation though... I can see the hassle it would be.

Either way, it's just more wood for the brainstorm bonfire so it doesn't dwindle. Glad you guys liked it Smile
That is true! But the main issue here is that we would have some creatures that can do what other creatures can't. This means that I need to add several layers of pathfinding to the dungeon as the pathfinding is player dependant mostly and not for each individual creature.

I will probably implement this idea in the future because I think it is logical that different creatures should be able to move over areas which other creatures can't, like flies over high walls, and fishman over water and so forth.
@Rasmus: Cool. That definitely makes sense that, for example, fishmen can swim across water, or that a flying creature can fly across physical barriers that would block other creatures. That also adds a whole new layer to dungeon design, needing to take into account what creatures can just fly over or swim around your defenses and how you're going to counter that.

(19-05-2014, 01:09 AM)Excess Wrote:
(18-05-2014, 07:16 PM)Rasmus Wrote: All I am saying is that I am probably not going to add this feature if this special item is the only reason for adding it.

But I do like the idea Smile
It could be bundled with the rope stairs suggestion (aka vertical stairs) if they ever get implemented. As a standalone implementation though... I can see the hassle it would be.

Either way, it's just more wood for the brainstorm bonfire so it doesn't dwindle. Glad you guys liked it Smile

You might want to save some of that wood for Mellow Tonin, since he Can't Get Wood. Tongue
[Image: 11619898803_7d3a89e6bd_n.jpg]
The Golden One!
From what I understand, my problem will be fixed next release Tongue
HAHAHA. Tongue
[Image: 11619898803_7d3a89e6bd_n.jpg]
The Golden One!