New Feature! Room Idea - The Sewing Machine
At first we just wanted a standard wooden workbench, but as it would handle leather crafting as well we wanted a machine connected to it that could do some sewing work.

Now the machine got to big and we decided to make this machine as a single building in the dungeon that will handle all the leather works and so on.

This is a concept art of the sewing machine:

[IMG]replace_photbucket_link/SewingMachine.png[/IMG]

BurningPet made this, and I must say that I got really inspired just by looking at it.. All those moving parts will look awesome in the game Big Grin

What do you guys and gals think?
That's pretty keen, but what is off to the left? Is that just like a spot for holding some materials?
Quote BurningPet: "to rotate both the one that move the table, and to rotate the crank one"

So it is for the one below the table that will move the table slowly from one side to the other. The imps will put the leather on one side of the table, start working the sewing machine and the leather will come out on the other side for the imps to pick up.
Looking great.. I guess it's either this or watch a minion work with a needle and thread for 15 minutes Tongue
Hehe, I think big moving parts is more satisfactory for the player eyes Tongue
HAHA, yeah, for sure, the animations of big moving parts are more noticeable then the animations for tiny moving needles that would probably be no more then a couple of pixels even at the highest resolutions Dwelvers can handle. Wink
[Image: 11619898803_7d3a89e6bd_n.jpg]
The Golden One!
Big moving parts, as big as cities, just like in the Game Of Thrones intro Tongue
C'mon Rasmus, you can think bigger then that! How about big moving parts the size of a small moon, just like in Star Wars, with The Death Star. You can do it, I know you can. Wink Tongue
The Golden One!
Hehe, that could be distracting for the player Tongue
[Image: speechless-smiley-003.gif] What?! Distracting? No way! Tongue
The Golden One!
You think you might could show us what the sewing machine looks like now that it's done, or you wanna hold off till the full version release? If so, there's a free app I use to make animated GIFs that could be a quick way to demonstrate. It's called GifCam and it is ridiculously easy to use. The only thing I don't like about it is sometimes when editing the screens you get what looks like off-color pixels in the previews, but that doesn't show up in the end result. This guy only took a couple minutes to make once I had one sit down.

[Image: H7V3.gif]
That is cool Smile Just going to finish up some creature animations and then post the next newsletter and try to include the gif animations.
We could add small gif animations recorded in game and put on wiki for Sewing Machine. I think we could done it for everything in game, well movie is always more informative then picture. Shall we organise a contest for best gif that will be used on our wiki soon? Smile
Spec: Win 10, ATI 7800 HD, res: 1280x1024x75. I support The Venus Project & Resource-Based Economy
That sounds cool. I plan on revamping my site (down at the moment) when .7 comes out so I'll be making animated gifs to put there too. I find that for simple things that don't occupy a lot of time, gifs can be better than full YouTube videos.