New Feature! Creature Idea - Fishman
So, here we have another creature that will be included in the next major update. The Fishman!

[IMG]replace_photbucket_link/Fishman.png[/IMG]

He will be a NPC that lives in the water.
His speciality will be his ability to surprise clueless creatures that walks by and drag them into the water to drown them.
He will never wander far at land, at most two or three tiles away from the water, so he will be easy to flee from when he have been discovered.
These creatures will never attack larger groups unless they are equal or more in numbers themselves to start with.
They will be rather easy to kill of when they have shown themselves.
The only creatures that are able to harm them while they are in deep water is the archers.
Another idea I have had for the creature is that the player would be able to breed them and use them in the dungeon defence. I am planning on giving the player the possibility to dig out the dungeon and let water flow in so that he could make moats. But it can still be dangerous because these creatures aren't tameable, they will attack even those that breeds them! So if the player builds a moat and breed these creatures there, then he must make sure that he don't enter that area himself.

So what do you guys and gals think? Big Grin
Reminds me a little this guy - a Sea Troll:
[Image: Image.ashx?multiverseid=2958&type=card]

I like him, but I would like to see a tail on him. ^^
The name could be changed too to something that wouldn't have 'man' in it's name. This little monster could have name something between the Amphibious Kavu, Deepwater Demon, Storm Lizard, but he don't look like for me like a man except his humanoid structure of body (two legs, two hands, no tail) What do You think?

I like very much the advantage in the water to any other non-water creatures. He could be weak on land places, but in water - deadly. He could have many water abilities, maybe even he could trap for some seconds a creature in small whirlpool?
That's what I thought, I really like the idea of that kind of water creature. Smile
Spec: Win 10, ATI 7800 HD, res: 1280x1024x75. I support The Venus Project & Resource-Based Economy
(26-09-2013, 08:55 AM)Sebt Wrote: I like him, but I would like to see a tail on him.

Tail, definitely maybe like a shark? What's between its legs right now makes me nervous.

(26-09-2013, 08:55 AM)Sebt Wrote: The name could be changed too to something that wouldn't have 'man' in it's name. This little monster could have name something between the Amphibious Kavu, Deepwater Demon, Storm Lizard

I think Amphibious Kava may border on copyright infringement but the other two are generic enough to not have to worry about that. I like those two or maybe we could call it the Aquanox. It's Latin for water and night.
Quote:Tail, definitely maybe like a shark? What's between its legs right now makes me nervous.
Haha, well it is better than nothing Wink

I will talk to the 3D artist about adding a tail, but right now he is doing his work on some other creatures I will display later on Wink

Quote:Reminds me a little this guy - a Sea Troll:
Ohh, that reminds me, we have been thinking about making the stats for the individual creatures like this:
What do you think? This is just a very early prototype and you will probably not see it in the game for a while..

The whirlpool is a good idea, as it could suck in those creatures that are walking on the shores..

I like Aquanox, because it is rather neutral, later on in the development we will have those super creatures that are really hard to kill, these could be given more powerful names like Deepwater Demon and Storm Lizard..

EDIT: Nothing new.. Just had to check so that the post got marked as unread after editing it Wink
Works! Tee-hee. This card with stats You would like to implement to the game, but where, during the play?
Spec: Win 10, ATI 7800 HD, res: 1280x1024x75. I support The Venus Project & Resource-Based Economy
He looks pretty cool (though I'm not too sure about that little...curly thing between his legs), and I agree that he should have a tail - I picture less of a fish-tail and more of a reptilian one with a sort of crest thing running down the middle (could possibly run down the whole backbone). He also appears to have nipples, which seems odd in something that doesn't seem intended to be a mammal, but that's my anatomical pedantry for you Wink.
I could probably think up a whole bunch of possible names if you're still undecided Smile.
I am the Wordweaver...
(27-09-2013, 11:20 PM)Ameena Wrote: He looks pretty cool (though I'm not too sure about that little...curly thing between his legs)

My comment on this the other day didn't update, but I'm glad I'm not the only one who was going to comment on this especially since I mentioned the lack of man parts on the Cyclotar...

(25-09-2013, 06:00 PM)Mello Tonin Wrote: Looking at this again, and I know this is silly but it's hard to take the character seriously as a threat with pink man-nipples and a lack of genitalia. Now I'm not suggesting that we give this guy a bullish man pipe, but perhaps giving him some armor that definitely covers up those nips and has lower armor that implies he has a pair might make me take this guy a bit more seriously.

~~I swear I'm not a pervert
Also, these creatures are supposed to be "natural" ones, I think, not ones that were created by a Dark Mother. Therefore, unlike her spawn, they'd need a method of reproduction amongst themselves. The fact that Dark Mother spawn don't need this is a good excuse for having them all look the same, eg all the Dwarves appear "male" even though technically they'd be sexless since they don't need to copulate in order for more of them to be created. Same with every other creature which comes from a Dark Mother.
I wonder how Dark Mothers reproduce...
I am the Wordweaver...
(21-01-1982, 06:07 PM)Ameena Wrote: I wonder how Dark Mothers reproduce...

... and who is her father?...

Maybe they have stamins and pistils, like flooowers

I wonder, where Fishman would have it's lair/hpuse, in the water? Maybe sometimes on the water some little, wooden houses could appear as their home? (Like in homm3 or warcraft3)
He looks pretty good, and yes I have to say what had my focus at first was that thing between his legs.. maybe it's a distractor against enemies :3?

Will it attack the player's unit that fish near their home?

Stats seems interesting and would be very useful when sending combat-ready units to fight Smile, when looking at the Work in Progress stat card, will we be expecting some sort of training room, or will they get experience through battle?
(04-10-2013, 09:55 PM)Stelgim Wrote: He looks pretty good, and yes I have to say what had my focus at first was that thing between his legs.. maybe it's a distractor against enemies :3
Or it's a sensor, that would allow You to see creatures behind the walls and water? Big Grin who knows.