Nick:  
Pass:     
Help Register

Game Bread?
City Builder Offline
Dungeon Lord

Bread?
Hi,

I'm guessing that some of this issue I'm having is purely because it's alpha and either not yet added or broken at the moment or simply my ignorance to the game...

My issue is that I sometimes see that my gray guys (I assume orcs) need food once in a while as they get a loaf of bread icon over there heads and when that happens they will rarely do anything at all.

I've got masses of farms growing the antroot (is that it's name?) and I have a cookery with about 6 or 8 baking tables and 3 beer vats.

I've currently got about 80 beer and 0 bread. They have access to the baking table but none of the imps go to work there to produce bread.

Most of my imps are at 0/500 food but they don't seem to mind any but when my orcs get down low they refuse to go fight or anything else they might normally do.

Am I' missing a step here? It seems I've got everything from farms growing the crops, wells for the water, baking tables to make the bread and finally bars with tables and chairs for them to eat but no bread being made.

Thanks
13-05-2014 12:48 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Mello Tonin Offline
Guru O' Mello

RE: Bread?
I think you may be having a problem Getting Wood ('solved in next version'). I noticed that I stopped producing bread because I didn't have any wood in stock. I was burning through it really quick making bread as the baking station requires wood to work the fire for baking. What I did to fix this is just turn off bread making and focus on fish for my meal source.
13-05-2014 04:01 PM
City Builder Offline
Dungeon Lord

Do I need to physically have wood in the stock room tables or shelves or is having the wood in the baking table enough? I'm not sure if what I see in the baking table is real or just aesthetics, but there are something like 3 or 4 pieces of wood in each of the tables in that slot at the back of the table. I may have wood in my stock room too but I'd have to double check to be certain.

How do you go about getting fish? I see the fish swimming around in the bodies of water that I've uncovered but I haven't yet seen anything that I would think would allow me to set up some kind of fishery in those areas.
13-05-2014 06:08 PM
Rasmus Offline
Main developer of Dwelvers
Dwelvers Developers

(13-05-2014 06:08 PM)City Builder Wrote:  Do I need to physically have wood in the stock room tables or shelves or is having the wood in the baking table enough? I'm not sure if what I see in the baking table is real or just aesthetics, but there are something like 3 or 4 pieces of wood in each of the tables in that slot at the back of the table. I may have wood in my stock room too but I'd have to double check to be certain.

How do you go about getting fish? I see the fish swimming around in the bodies of water that I've uncovered but I haven't yet seen anything that I would think would allow me to set up some kind of fishery in those areas.

When the baking table has wood on it, then it should be enough to bake bread. I think one wood gives enough fuel to bake 3 bread. If you don't get the baking table to work you need to make sure that you also have flour and water delivered to it. The flour is made in the mill in the farmroom and the water you can get from any well that you build.

To fish you need to build a bridge so that it occupies a tile next to the fishes, after that the imps will do the rest.

Yeah I know tooltips could definitely solve this Wink
13-05-2014 06:38 PM
City Builder Offline
Dungeon Lord

That was it, thank you.

I forgot this time in this game to place down my mills.
13-05-2014 06:39 PM
Seriously Unserious Offline
The Ninja Dinosaur

(13-05-2014 04:01 PM)Mello Tonin Wrote:  I think you may be having a problem Getting Wood ('solved in next version'). I noticed that I stopped producing bread because I didn't have any wood in stock. I was burning through it really quick making bread as the baking station requires wood to work the fire for baking. What I did to fix this is just turn off bread making and focus on fish for my meal source.

There goes Mellow again with his Can't Get Wood complaints... ConfusedTongue
[Image: 11619898803_7d3a89e6bd_n.jpg]
The Golden One!
17-05-2014 02:08 AM
Mello Tonin Offline
Guru O' Mello

Gotta milk it for what it's worth man, especially if it is applicable Tongue
17-05-2014 06:14 PM
Seriously Unserious Offline