Pass:     
Help Register

Video Blitzkriegsler - playing Dwelvers
Rasmus Offline
Main developer of Dwelvers
Dwelvers Developers

Blitzkriegsler - playing Dwelvers
A really nice YouTube video of Dwelvers made by Blitzkriegsler Smile

Quote "This is the Dark Mother, she is the beautiful princess that all kings and princes wants to marry" Big Grin
(This post was last modified: 17-05-2014 08:59 PM by Sebt.)
14-05-2014 09:56 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Sebt Offline
The Evil Admin
Evil Admins

RE: Blitzkriegsler playing Dwelvers
Yea, I laughed at this sentence too. Big Grin
I support The Venus Project & Resource-Based Economy - The feasible plan to get rid of scarcity, poverty, and other incoming global issues.
14-05-2014 10:21 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
City Builder Offline
Dungeon Lord

Really great video, gave me some new ideas how I might build my rooms. So far I've been junking them all together but I doubt I'll do that moving forward.
14-05-2014 11:13 PM
Mello Tonin Offline
Guru O' Mello

Oh CB, this guy's play is a good display of what not to do. I thoroughly enjoyed watching this though. He's so random and definitely fun to watch and make the game look really fun too. I was laughing the whole way through! I was really hoping he opened up the maze and let the Cyclotaurs ravage his 3 Orcs and countless Imps.

He was right though saying that the game is really forgiving of mistakes and especially over-building resource refinement stations and production. Your Store Rooms will definitely pay the price for such building schemes. Balance and penalties will come soon enough though.
15-05-2014 03:20 AM
Blitzkriegsler Offline
Game Vlogger

RE: Blitzkriegsler -playing Dwelvers
I am glad you guys enjoyed the video. It was a bit difficult to figure out what to show for a quick introduction video. I didn't really want to show the building of all of the industries and digging out bedrooms/dining hall - it would have taken too long and been boring to watch. So I decided to just give a "flyover" of the game, but I had to end it before everyone starved.

I also did want to jump in and take on the Cyclotaurs, but figured the viewers that were actually interested in the game would go check it out themselves - it would give them something to play for.
15-05-2014 04:29 PM
Mello Tonin Offline
Guru O' Mello

Oh, but I think you covered the basics pretty well, and most importantly made it look like loads of fun.

I have found that most productions can be done with really small 3x3 rooms and you really don't need more than one refinement station per resource even for a large dungeon. It would be cool later if the size of the population dictated the amount of refining stations needed so that would be included in the resource management, and who knows, maybe it will be. At the moment the only thing I generally make more than a 3x3 space for is farms, but this is really just because Antroot is used in a couple different refinements.

I can't wait to check out your Let's Play series on this.
15-05-2014 05:38 PM
Seriously Unserious Offline
The Ninja Dinosaur

@Blitzkriegsler: That was a great video overview of Dwelvers. I gave it the "thumbs up" over on youtube and am giving you the +2 here. Smile

I like that "Keep your stick on the ice" remark you close your videos off with. It makes me feel right at home here in Canada hearing that... LOL.

I'll leave you with a quick video of a hockey player who's a favorite from my past who wore the number that your reputation here sits (#7) and that's proof of why every hockey player should follow your advice in your closing phrase.

[Image: 11619898803_7d3a89e6bd_n.jpg]
The Golden One!
(This post was last modified: 17-05-2014 02:56 AM by Seriously Unserious.)
17-05-2014 02:52 AM
TacticBlack Offline
Tactical Dungeoneer
Dwelvers Voice Actors

RE: Blitzkriegsler - playing Dwelvers
Nicely done!
[Image: i563hs.png]
No Money, No Poverty, No Crime, No Politicians, No Corruption, No Social Stratification, Strength Based Education, Global Democracy, and True Equality.
A New Social Paradigm: Only Impossible Because of Your Attitude; Only Possible with Your Aspiration Towards a Better World.
You can't spell Humanity without Unity.

19-05-2014 10:53 PM
Blitzkriegsler Offline
Game Vlogger

(17-05-2014 02:52 AM)Seriously Unserious Wrote:  @Blitzkriegsler: That was a great video overview of Dwelvers. I gave it the "thumbs up" over on youtube and am giving you the +2 here. Smile

I like that "Keep your stick on the ice" remark you close your videos off with. It makes me feel right at home here in Canada hearing that... LOL.

I'll leave you with a quick video of a hockey player who's a favorite from my past who wore the number that your reputation here sits (#7) and that's proof of why every hockey player should follow your advice in your closing phrase.

Glad you liked the Canadian feel to it. I grew up in Northern Minnesota so we get some spillover on cultures. Also, not much is better than the old classic hockey games and players. I was always mad that my high school was too small to have it as a sport.
21-05-2014 06:25 PM
Seriously Unserious Offline
The Ninja Dinosaur

Ah, yes, Minnesota is probably the USA's biggest hockey hotbed. I live in one of Canada's biggest hotbeds of hockey over on the west coast.
[Image: 11619898803_7d3a89e6bd_n.jpg]
The Golden One!
22-05-2014 05:16 PM