Solved & Confirmed 0.6c - Sudden blackness, upon reload: misplaced mother, then Crash
Awesome game, loads of fun. After several failed attempts I learnt that you can't just farm, grind and cook the food for you imps to survive, you also have to set the table for them to eat. Pftt, get back to digging gold you weaklings!

Anyway - thriving civilization, conquered the impanzees, looted some treasures, pondering the posibility of building a pyramid so future generations know whom to offer their sacrifices to, when suddenly... darkness. Moved around, nothing. Zoomed in and out a little bit - glimpses of graphics. 2 seconds later... hello darkness my old friend. Weird. That's my cue to go to sleep anyway.

Next day - fire up Dwelvers, load game, greeted by this:

http://imgur.com/Agju46k

Woah, that's weir...

Code:
Assertion failed!

Program: E:\Dwelvers\Dwelvers.exe
File: BHellGate.cpp
Line:1090

Expression:false

For information on how your program can cause an assertion failure, see the Visual C++ documentation on asserts

(Press Retry to debug the application - JIT must be enabled)

Awesome. Let see what to debuger has to say about it: Oh, right, I don't speak imp Tongue

Luckily I managed to trap the bug inside this compressed savefile:

https://www.mediafire.com/?x6dpvxf9r7hhux8

Watch it though, don't let it escape when you open it.
Welcome to the forum Excess Smile I am really happy to hear that you enjoy Dwelvers Smile

About this bug, I have made soooo many changes to the game since the last update, so I can say with certainty that the information you give me is not up to date. Even the debugger code will give me misleading information unfortunately.

Hopefully this bug is solved with the upcoming version, I can't say with certainty, but I have been fixing a lot of bugs that haven't even been mentioned here at the forum since December.

I hope I could have been more helpful, but all I can say now is that I hope it is fixed, and if not, I will fix it if it gets discovered in the next release Smile
Ohh, okok I see. It makes sense. It's not bug-hunting season Tongue I'll try to reproduce the bug when the new version comes out just to be sure.

In the meantime I'm gonna see how much more I can displace mother, because... science.
HAHAHA. that is an odd looking dungeon you got there, Excess. Tongue

I've had issues related to loading saved games so I can only assume this issue is related to that. If Rasmus has changed the algorithm for loading/saving games much then he may have already fixed this issue, but judging by the displacement, I'd say it's probably related to issues I've reported about objects being displaced when restoring a saved game. For me it's always been mobile creatures like Orcs and Imps.
[Image: 11619898803_7d3a89e6bd_n.jpg]
The Golden One!
The problem it's definitely caused by the action of selling the mothers floor. How? By first placing some bedroom floors on top of it.

I tried setting all mother tiles as bedroom, and as soon as the imps started constructing over one of the main 3x3 mother tiles the game crashed. I then tried selling only the surrounding tiles, saving and loading and again, mother moved and the game crashed.

[Image: fhyY8Uh.png]

We'll see if this bug is sneaky enough to survive up to 0.7 Tongue
That's pretty interesting. I'm surprised nobody else here tried to overwrite the DM's tiles with room tiles. I'm sure this won't be an issue in the next version because the solution is pretty simple: like tiles that can't be dug out, the DM tiles just have to be marked as unchangeable.
That's because Dark Mother has legs and she is cultured enough to step aside and make a room for your rooms! She is a life being, she has a heart and that's the way how she want to show her love for you ungrateful minions! }:[)
Spec: Win 10, ATI 7800 HD, res: 1280x1024x75. I support The Venus Project & Resource-Based Economy
Nice DM emote Sebt! If you can modify the emoticons in the forum, I would love to take the Android smile emote and modify it so it could be used as an emote on the forum. They look very similar.
Heh, that came from Bile Demon's emoticon. Tongue
I'm currently at building new forum and we will have new emoticons (that are already made by Ben), but if you have a nice idea for emoticons and you could show an example of 2-3, it's not impossible to implement them. Wink
Spec: Win 10, ATI 7800 HD, res: 1280x1024x75. I support The Venus Project & Resource-Based Economy
Ah, I actually ran in to this a couple of days ago and thought that it was something I had done wrong since the last release, but apparently it was included with the 0.6 version as well.
I was really surprised that no one had discover this bug Tongue
Yeah, I'd say our not finding this bug is an epic fail on our part in properly testing it. We really should be looking for ways to break the game when testing it, but I just get too caught up in having fun and forget to try and break the game... AngelSmile
The Golden One!
Yeah it's easy to get caught up in playing. We will definitely have to try our best to make sure it's as bug free as can be before the Steam release. Having more people now will be a big advantage.
Well, I count on you guys, the pre-patched shiny, brand new version surely will have some bugs that shouldn't appear in patched 0.7. The results of our bug finding will be released on Steam. Big Grin
Alright than, pass my the bug swatter... Big Grin
The Golden One!
I have set this one to solved but need confirmation!