Nick:  
Pass:     
Help Register

Hello there!
Ameena Offline
Wordweaver
Dwelvers Writers

Hello there!
Hi, chaps - finally got round to registering. I see at least a couple of other people from the DM forum are already here - 'ello Smile.
For those who don't know, I'm the one who's somehow sort of accidentally ended up helping Rasmus make this game - I'm writing all the fluff stuff and my most recent creation is the background for the Impanzees, which will be posted up somewhere on the site at some point soon.
Hopefully some people will like my writing, and hopefully I'll be able to do plenty more of it throughout the course of the development of Dwelvers. Looking foward to seeing what kind of feedback I get Smile.
I am the Wordweaver...
26-09-2013 10:33 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Sebt Offline
The Evil Admin
Evil Admins

RE: Hello there!
Hey, welcome to the community. As far I noticed there had been another forum that I don't know where some of You, so You and Rasmus had spoken there. Still don't know what does DM means, Rasmus used this abbreviation on one of the first his DD alpha release, so that game has had another name right before DD?
Can't wait for something written by Your ink and feather. Smile
I support The Venus Project & Resource-Based Economy - The feasible plan to get rid of scarcity, poverty, and other incoming global issues.
(This post was last modified: 27-09-2013 07:30 PM by Sebt.)
26-09-2013 11:12 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Ameena Offline
Wordweaver
Dwelvers Writers

DM is Dungeon Master, an RPG by a company called FTL which was released in 1987. A Dungeon Master is also the title given to the person running a game of Dungeons and Dragons - DM the game has nothing to do with that kind of DM, apart from the fact that it's a Fantasy-based RPG. It was basically the first of those "you control a party of characters and must travel around the dungeon fighting monsters and finding treasure" kind of games, and has been described as being "ahead of its time". There was a more recent game, LEgend of Grimrock, which was inspired by and made as a homage to DM. And of course, there's us fans who still enjoy the game, and like to play both it and its sequels and custom dungeons made by various people, over on our forum Smile.
Of the names I noticed in scanning very briefly over the member list, Beowuuf and Seriously Unserious are both fellow members of the DM forum, so we already know each other to some extent Smile. And Rasmus, himself, of course Smile. Apologies if there's anyone else here whom I've missed - I did only look very briefly Wink.
I am the Wordweaver...
26-09-2013 11:27 PM
Rasmus Offline
Main developer of Dwelvers
Dwelvers Developers

Welcome to the forum Ameena Smile
Your Impanzee story is now avalible for reading here: http://forum.dwelvers.com/showthread.php?tid=84 and here: http://www.dwelvers.com
(On the website go to info->creatures)

Yeah, the http://dungeon-master.com/forum/ forum was the only feedback I had for a couple of years when I was programming my Dungeon Master Tribute clone Tongue The members there were and are very good at giving feedback, they were the once that inspired me to take Dwelvers to Indiegogo Smile
So yeah, Ameena and I have a rather long history at that forum, she always have tons of ideas once she got started, and hopefully we will hear a lot of them at this forum Wink
27-09-2013 12:30 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
ShadowTiger Offline
2 Horsepower

Small world! .. sort of. Heh. Either way, very much a pleasure.
"Go, go, Potato!" ~Mello Tonin
27-09-2013 05:27 PM
Mello Tonin Offline
Guru O' Mello

Nice to meet you and welcome. I'm gonna definitely check out the write up on the Impanzee once I'm sitting in front of my computer. The phone just isn't that great for reading...
27-09-2013 06:51 PM
Sebt Offline
The Evil Admin
Evil Admins

I've read some of Your masterpieces on Your blog and the Impanzee's background. Sure You have tornadoes of ideas. Smile

I had a rap band years ago and I used to wrote some texts, but not so long. I'm writing a story for a game which I would like to start making in the nearest future, will see. First I need to polish my English, Your stories can be a nice inspiration and English dictionary for me too (I'm a little grammar-nazi.) Wink

I'm curious what will You write about Cyclotaur. Big Grin
I support The Venus Project & Resource-Based Economy - The feasible plan to get rid of scarcity, poverty, and other incoming global issues.
(This post was last modified: 27-09-2013 07:31 PM by Sebt.)
27-09-2013 07:28 PM
Ameena Offline
Wordweaver
Dwelvers Writers

Hehe so am I - I've not really thought about it yet but I'm guessing that Resmus will be wanting me to provide details like I did for the Impanzees Smile. I'm a bit of a pedant for grammar and spelling as well but I tend not to point out mistakes in people's posts and stuff (especially if the person isn't a native English speaker)...unless they ask me to, that is - how else will you learn what's right and what's not? Wink
I am the Wordweaver...
27-09-2013 10:13 PM