Solved & Confirmed 0.7 - Crash When Creating Game (Seed related crashes)
I waited for more than 5 minutes for this game to be created and got this crash report after hitting Ctrl + Alt + Del to close the game:

[attachment=101]
Thanks Smile Added to the list of Bugs/Issues & Crashes!

Can you tell me what game you created? Sandbox, Tutorial? Did you edit anything in the maps folder?
Created a sandbox. I haven't edited anything at this time. This happened simply by starting the game from scratch and attempting to create a new game.

Edit: Just happened again. Debugger output the same info as the previous report so I didn't include a report this time. I believe the Seed numbers were the same. 18456
Ok, will look into it, thanks!
Found the problem, when the fishmans are generated in the dungeon it was possible that they could be generated outside the map boundaries depending on if the water was located next to the edge of the map. And as every map-seed generates the map differently some maps did load and others not.

Marked as solved with the next version.
Nice! Figured there was something wrong with that particular map seed.
Hi, Just saw that you want bug / crash reports here so this is a duplicate of what I posted in the announcement topic for Dwelvers 7:

Game crash.
I set all my settings, then went into sandbox easy, chose a new seed number (entered 1965 if that matters), pressed enter and then run map.

Game immediately crashed.
This was in the info box:
Code:
Problem Event Name:    APPCRASH
  Application Name:    Dwelvers.exe
  Application Version:    0.0.0.0
  Application Timestamp:    5388aa34
  Fault Module Name:    Dwelvers.exe
  Fault Module Version:    0.0.0.0
  Fault Module Timestamp:    5388aa34
  Exception Code:    c0000005
  Exception Offset:    001173c3
  OS Version:    6.1.7601.2.1.0.768.3
  Locale ID:    1033
  Additional Information 1:    0a9e
  Additional Information 2:    0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789
  Additional Information 3:    0a9e
  Additional Information 4:    0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789

I can run the sandbox easy if I do not change the seed number. At first I thought maybe it was because I chose a seed number of only 4 digits instead of 5, so I tried a 5 digit seed number (19655) but it still caused the game to crash while it was saying "creating game" up on the screen.

Edit to attach crash report
Thanks for the report Smile

This is the same bug as here: http://forum.dwelvers.com/showthread.php?tid=831
Only that you got the crash while Mello got it to freeze.

It has been solved with the next version Smile
Also after about 30 minutes of play I got an assertion error, unfortunately i was not playing on debug mode so I have no log to add to it. Something about C++ assertion error, (abort, retry, quit) but I had no choice but to hit abort at which the game closed out.
Okay, ran it with the debugger active until I got the C++ crash again, so attached is the newest log of the crash

As for what I was doing in the game, really I was just looking around. I did NOT go to the surface world which I see somebody else had gotten an assertion error from starting the game on the surface world but I had not even visited the surface world as far as I know.
I started a new game,

As soon as I had placed down a red flag the game crashed with the following log attached
I merged your thread dear City Builder with this ( http://forum.dwelvers.com/showthread.php?tid=831 ) because you spotted the same problems. Anyway glad you reported it in details! Thanks. Smile

It seems, this problem is also solved. Smile
Spec: Win 10, ATI 7800 HD, res: 1280x1024x75. I support The Venus Project & Resource-Based Economy
Okay, as long as the crash that happened from placing a red flag has been addressed too then I don't care where you move my posts to LOL.

I was torn on creating a new crash bug topic for the red flag issue since it didn't happen on creating a game, it happened while playing the game but if they're all the same and caused by the same thing that you all have already fixed then the merrier I am to see the next version that I'll be able to play a bit longer than this initial 0.7 version.

Don't get me wrong, not being pushy to see next version, just looking forward to seeing next version that I should be able to play for more than 20 or 30 minutes a go.

Kudos, keep up the good work.
(31-05-2014, 09:45 PM)City Builder Wrote: Okay, as long as the crash that happened from placing a red flag has been addressed too then I don't care where you move my posts to LOL.

I was torn on creating a new crash bug topic for the red flag issue since it didn't happen on creating a game, it happened while playing the game but if they're all the same and caused by the same thing that you all have already fixed then the merrier I am to see the next version that I'll be able to play a bit longer than this initial 0.7 version.

Don't get me wrong, not being pushy to see next version, just looking forward to seeing next version that I should be able to play for more than 20 or 30 minutes a go.

Kudos, keep up the good work.

Well we're now at bug-solving pre Steam release stage, so don't worry, we're only fixing bugs now. All bugs should be fixed first, after that we will release patched version for pre-orderers that I hope will help confirming that all reported bugs has been really solved, then stabile game, fred of bugs version will go on Steam.

P.S. OK, I'll split post about red flag crash, this may be, but may not be caused by the same thing.
Spec: Win 10, ATI 7800 HD, res: 1280x1024x75. I support The Venus Project & Resource-Based Economy
(31-05-2014, 09:51 PM)Sebt Wrote: P.S. OK, I'll split post about red flag crash, this may be, but may not be caused by the same thing.

Done, a new thread has been made there: http://forum.dwelvers.com/showthread.php?tid=845
Please add the log as attachements, it seems it is missing there.