Nick:  
Pass:     
Help Register

Dwelvers Journal 2014.06.02 - Alpha v0.7b is now released
Rasmus Offline
Main developer of Dwelvers
Dwelvers Developers

2014.06.02 - Alpha v0.7b is now released
Dwelvers Alpha v0.7b has now been released to the pre-orderers, you can download it at the Dwelvers website.

(This version is still not considered stable, and I will not do a bigger public announcement until it is.)

Download:
To download it you need to go to Dwelvers website, then login with your username and password.
Once this is done a new tab leading to the members page should have become available. Here you can download the latest version.

Patch fixes since v0.7
  • Crash after placing red flag - As soon as I had placed down a red flag the game crashed with the certain log.
  • Can see behind fog of war, crazy hallucinations - Playing the tutorial I've noticed something reaaaally weird that reminded me of the Matrix human plantation fields...
  • Paved floor hides resources, digging makes them appear - Whenever the imps pave the floors, the resources that where buried in them dissapear. But if you dig a tile of paved floor, all 8 surrounding tiles kind of "reset" and if they had resources in them they suddenly appear.
  • Crash While Building Bridges - This happened while I was building a bridge in an area that had fish inside the angled part of the waterfall.
  • Iron smelter - The imp starts to make the first iron ingot from the iron smelter.. up to the point of cooling the iron ... then nothing... no one takes out the cooled off iron from the iron smelter and i never even get the first iron made and my game's evolution is stoped.
  • Rotating stuff crashes game - Whenever I rotate something, like the root grinder or one of the new machines in the iron smelting room the game crashes and produces error.
  • Building farms produces fences one level up - When building a farm that is next to a block that is one level higher, the game puts a fence on the upper level, in essence blocking off the ability of any creatures to walk from the upper level block down to the farms blocks.
  • Game edge scrolling problems - Menu buttons close to the edge of the window prevents edge scrolling.
  • Incorrect fullscreen mouse boundaries - When having multiple displays and running the game in fullscreen it is possible to move the mouse between screens.
  • Battle message - I get battle message any time when my creatures are in the training room.
  • Low stone drop - I have been mining like crazy but no stone at all.
  • Multiple Instances of Dwelvers is Loaded from Launcher - I have noticed this multiple times now, but when I load the game from the launcher I have 2 instances of it running instead of just one.
  • Fence gate against wall - There was build a fence gate there, I didn't place it. Everytime a imp walks on the place above the fence gate opens, don't mind the chains, there was no way in so they are right!
  • Menu Music - The menu music has a noticeable break between the ending and when it restarts.
  • Surface Portal Crash - Found a portal while digging. Clicked the button to toggle worlds and a error message came up.
  • Imps don't fish - Imps don't fish even if they have claimed a bridge next to the fishes.
  • Crash when Creating Game - I waited for more than 5 minutes for this game to be created and got this crash report after hitting Ctrl + Alt + Del to close the game.

If you want to contribute with ideas:
http://forum.dwelvers.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=11

Just make sure that you read the post of already suggested ideas so that you don't double post. And there are also some layout requirements for the suggestion posts that you need to follow to make it easier for us.
Link to the "The list of already suggested ideas"

If you want to report a bug or issue:
http://forum.dwelvers.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=19

Just make sure that you read the topic about the already known bugs and issues so that you don't double post.
Link to the "Known bugs / issues Alpha v0.7"
02-06-2014 04:44 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Mello Tonin Offline
Guru O' Mello

RE:
This is awsome, way to crank it out. I'll start testing old issues first this afternoon sometime.
02-06-2014 05:10 PM
Rasmus Offline
Dwelvers Developers

RE:
Nice, thanks Smile
There are a lot of bugfixes that need confirmation Tongue
02-06-2014 05:27 PM
TopperHarley Offline
Sleepy Weasel

RE:
Damn, the new Version wont start on my pc.
Can you send me the Version 7.0 so i can test if the issue are on my pc or on you exe?:-)
02-06-2014 05:56 PM
Rasmus Offline
Dwelvers Developers

RE:
No error messages or nothing? Can you start the launcher?
Give me one minute and I will link them from the members page on the dwelvers website.
02-06-2014 06:13 PM
TopperHarley Offline
Sleepy Weasel

RE:
Oh c'mon. A stupid "Sandbox" mode was active in the background and was not visible...grrrr, on some days i hate the IT.

Ok, all is fine and works. My mistake:-) Excuse me
(This post was last modified: 02-06-2014 06:33 PM by TopperHarley.)
02-06-2014 06:31 PM
Sebt Offline
The Evil Admin
Evil Admins

RE:
Good that it is solved. Big Grin

Guys... we have not test players... please... check the list of Bugs/Issues & Crashes and please if you're able to confirm that bugs marked on blue as solved are really solved... thank you in advance! Smile
I support The Venus Project & Resource-Based Economy - The feasible plan to get rid of scarcity, poverty, and other incoming global issues.
02-06-2014 06:34 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Blitzkriegsler Offline
Game Vlogger

RE:
Wonderful news!

Do the older save files work in this newer version?

Also, would it be possible to decrease the frequency of the burping? I find it a little over the top and distracting.
02-06-2014 06:59 PM
Mello Tonin Offline
Guru O' Mello

RE:
(02-06-2014 06:59 PM)Blitzkriegsler Wrote:  Also, would it be possible to decrease the frequency of the burping? I find it a little over the top and distracting.

I agree here. I like that TB is helping you out with some voice overs, but I think a script needs to be in the works. Some of the dialog is unnecessarily lengthy or could be broken up into several sound bytes instead IMO.
02-06-2014 08:22 PM
Sebt Offline
The Evil Admin
Evil Admins

RE:
OK, I'll ask TacticBlack to burp less frequently and be more creative on burping. *Slap*
I support The Venus Project & Resource-Based Economy - The feasible plan to get rid of scarcity, poverty, and other incoming global issues.
(This post was last modified: 02-06-2014 08:31 PM by Sebt.)
02-06-2014 08:30 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Mello Tonin Offline
Guru O' Mello

RE:
Lol, I think at some point we should open up a Brainstorm on character voices and scripting, but let's get these bugs worked out first.
02-06-2014 09:17 PM
Sebt Offline
The Evil Admin
Evil Admins

RE: 2014.06.02 - Alpha v0.7b is now released
(02-06-2014 09:17 PM)Mello Tonin Wrote:  Lol, I think at some point we should open up a Brainstorm on character voices and scripting, but let's get these bugs worked out first.

That would be Brainstorm as feedback discussion so sure, you can open a thread about voices. Smile
(This post was last modified: 02-06-2014 10:18 PM by Sebt.)
02-06-2014 10:16 PM
Seriously Unserious Offline
The Ninja Dinosaur

RE:
Finally, I can get started on the testing... I was so busy last weekend I completely missed out on 0.7!
[Image: 11619898803_7d3a89e6bd_n.jpg]
The Golden One!
03-06-2014 05:17 AM
Rasmus Offline
Dwelvers Developers

RE:
Yeah, I missed you SU Smile
I will get back to the forum later today solving bugs and answering posts.
03-06-2014 05:37 AM
Seriously Unserious Offline
The Ninja Dinosaur

RE:
Unfortunately, I may have to wait even longer to test the game. My last download didn't come in clean, I'm trying again, but I also posted the details of my problem in the bug reports forum. I'm also redownloading it now in the hopes of getting a clean download this time, the file may have just got corrupted in transit.
[Image: 11619898803_7d3a89e6bd_n.jpg]
The Golden One!
03-06-2014 06:03 AM